+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 155 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2319

Thread: peeve of the day

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: peeve of the day

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    Receiving emails that have a little green tree-looking symbol that says something like, "think of the environment before printing this."

I print it and reply on it in writing and then fax it back to the person so it generates two sheets of paper - one I paid for with my own money which I can spend any legal way I wish, and one they pay for from their fax machine.

If anyone feels compelled to comment, please don't forget to include your fax number.

Heck, include your mailing address too. I own lots of Internatiinal Paper and Exxon stock so I may just buy a stamp and send you a letter so that not only the timber industry is supported, but also the petroleum industry since the mail trucks run on gasoline or diesel.
    Greatness!

This is better the "filling up the shopping cart story".

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    Receiving emails that have a little green tree-looking symbol that says something like, "think of the environment before printing this."

I print it and reply on it in writing and then fax it back to the person so it generates two sheets of paper - one I paid for with my own money which I can spend any legal way I wish, and one they pay for from their fax machine.

If anyone feels compelled to comment, please don't forget to include your fax number.

Heck, include your mailing address too. I own lots of Internatiinal Paper and Exxon stock so I may just buy a stamp and send you a letter so that not only the timber industry is supported, but also the petroleum industry since the mail trucks run on gasoline or diesel.

Dad, is that you???

He would have said the same thing! I am so proud.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Restaurants who buy their silverware from Sam's Club. Forks bend with ease.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

...when people call flatware silverware.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Cutlery has two definitions: 1. cutting/edged implements used for serving or eating food; 2. eating utensils in general. Without further context, an American is likely to assume the first definition (knives), while a Brit is more likely to go for the generic meaning. Silverware also means eating utensils, especially silver-colored ones, though nowadays, most silverware is not actually made of silver. An American synonym that does not imply anything about the silver content (or lack thereof) is flatware.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Students who don't know the difference between "Log off" and "Shut down."

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

People who send me paper documents. It's not that I am an eco tree hugger but I just don't have a place to put them. Well, I do. After I have scanned and saved it (if I really need it) the paper document goes into the real trash. I really wish that everyone would send me pdf's or emails. Then I can print if needed. So CHIPDOG, please don't inundate me with paper.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    People who send me paper documents. It's not that I am an eco tree hugger but I just don't have a place to put them. Well, I do. After I have scanned and saved it (if I really need it) the paper document goes into the real trash. I really wish that everyone would send me pdf's or emails. Then I can print if needed. So CHIPDOG, please don't inundate me with paper.
    What's your mailing address?

nlulm posted a link on FB for football season tickets

Of the 50 people who liked the link at least 40 of them can been seen with lsu crap on their FB page. A couple of them are local politicians.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

Of the 50 people who liked the link at least 40 of them can been seen with lsu crap on their FB page. A couple of them are local politicians.
    That may rise above a peeve.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

That doesn't bother me. However, when Tech alum do this it really does.

As a side note: How many BBBers have lsu crap around the house. I don't believe I do even inadvertently. I'm guessing very few of us.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

As a side note: How many BBBers have lsu crap around the house. I don't believe I do even inadvertently. I'm guessing very few of us.
    Does it count if it's not mine?

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Does it count if it's not mine?
    Yes.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Well I certainly don't.

But I do have one Razorback tshirt that I wear once a year when they play the chiggers.

+ Reply to Thread