+ Reply to Thread
Page 142 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2319

Thread: peeve of the day

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Re: peeve of the day

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Anything will now. The "shot givers" are not reviewing the check list. They just make sure you signed off on it. No excuse for people not taking the shots now. All people.
    They just opened up the vaccine line to a slew of industries this week from what I heard this morning. Hopefully we can all move on to some normalcy very soon.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

More on people who want to sound like they speak properly...using the word every for ever as in “Every loyal be”. Yes heard it on a recent sound byte by the nasally Learfield voice guy.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

More on people who want to sound like they speak properly...using the word every for ever as in “Every loyal be”. Yes heard it on a recent sound byte by the nasally Learfield voice guy.
    You misinterpreted what he said. He wasn’t incorrectly saying “EVER loyal be”, he was correctly saying “every loyal BEE”. Bees a matriarchal society and they must be loyal to the queen. He was giving you a free entomology lesson, you should feel lucky.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Physical Therapy

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Another one....

In golf.....the term ball striker(isn’t that the point?) I could see the significance of pointing out how well a guy strikes the ball if other players frequently swung and missed.
    In basketball.....score the basketball(isn’t that the point?)

We don’t say a running back is a great runner of the football, do we?
    Do we say Usain Bolt is a great runner of the track?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Another one....

In golf.....the term ball striker(isn’t that the point?) I could see the significance of pointing out how well a guy strikes the ball if other players frequently swung and missed.
    In basketball.....score the basketball(isn’t that the point?)

We don’t say a running back is a great runner of the football, do we?
    Do we say Usain Bolt is a great runner of the track?
    As someone who plays - I get the striker reference...

A great striker of the ball - hits the ball squarely, firmly and on-line whatever his/her chosen line is - i.e. always in play from tee to green in regulation - i.e. Zach Johnson, Steve Stricker, Justin Rose

Other cans "hit" the ball - but usually not squarely, but sometimes very far and long but in most instances not on-line with whatever his/her chosen line is - usually playing from the rough from tee to the green - i.e. Phil Mickelson, Bryson deChambeau

All 5 mentioned are considered HOFers and 4 of the 5 are major winners - i.e. great players - but not all are great "strikers" of the ball
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

When you break it down like that, I get it. Hitting it squarely seems like a good enough description.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Card readers and key pads at gas pumps that don't work.

"Please see attendant" I would not be here if I wanted to see/speak to an attendant.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Card readers and key pads at gas pumps that don't work.

"Please see attendant" I would not be here if I wanted to see/speak to an attendant.
    Related note. I don't like the way they seem to be changing how card readers work. It's generally been push your card in and out quickly. They've basically trained me to do it that way. Now several want you to push the card in and leave it. Then only pull it out when you've answered all their questions. The one at Sam's yesterday actually grabbed hold of the card and held it, only releasing it after the transaction was done.

Make up your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Related note. I don't like the way they seem to be changing how card readers work. It's generally been push your card in and out quickly. They've basically trained me to do it that way. Now several want you to push the card in and leave it. Then only pull it out when you've answered all their questions. The one at Sam's yesterday actually grabbed hold of the card and held it, only releasing it after the transaction was done.

Make up your mind.
    Yes that one too.

Champ967 will probably find something to say regarding your peeve.

Varsity Bulldog RowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the rough RowdyDawg's Avatar

Yes that one too.

Champ967 will probably find something to say regarding your peeve.
    Just an FYI... If you're at a pump that plays commercials or music while you're pumping gas, you can mute the sound. There is a row of four buttons on either side of the monitor. Normally, you can hit the second one down on the right side to mute. At least it works on the pumps I use. If the second one doesn't work, try the third one.

That is amazing. Often times, it seems I decide to pump gas while Dave is calling a game. I’ll try the mute thing next time.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyDawg View Post
    Just an FYI... If you're at a pump that plays commercials or music while you're pumping gas, you can mute the sound. There is a row of four buttons on either side of the monitor. Normally, you can hit the second one down on the right side to mute. At least it works on the pumps I use. If the second one doesn't work, try the third one.
    Something else to touch at the pumps.

If you order a package that has to be signed for, then why can’t you specify the times you are actually home to receive said package?

When people say "every since" in an attempt to speak properly.

+ Reply to Thread