+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 155 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: peeve of the day

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: peeve of the day

+1 on Tech77's peeve

A have a peeve with the current administration of the united states. Quite a peeve.

I have a peeve with with 18 wheelers losing their cranes on I20 and causing 6 vehicle accidents.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I have a peeve of having to use a public restroom only to find somebody's leftovers.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I have a peeve of having to use a public restroom only to find somebody's leftovers.
    details?

NOT!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    details?

NOT!
    How about I tell you at lunch.

Varsity Bulldog dawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the roughdawgmom is a jewel in the rough

My pet peeve is intentionally ignorant people. My peeve-of-the-week has been excessive use of the race card in circumstances unrelated to race. I'm sure I will have fresh peeves next week as it seems there are daily occurances causing me to be peeved.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Tech grads who sport license plates, stickers and logoed apparel of another school.
    That is beyond a pet peeve.

Such people are simply dead to me.

Dead.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

My peeve of the football season:

Getting on facebook on Saturdays and seeing countless Tech alumni's/students' status: "Gameday...Geaux Tigers!!!" or "Get your mind right Tiger nation" or "Can't wait to watch some LSU football tonight!!!" or something else to that effect. Shoot me in the face.

Varsity Bulldog dmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

I know what Inaugural is and when it is supposed to be used. Is First Annual ever supposed to be used?
    First annual is not supposed to be used. Per my trusty AP Stylebook- "An event cannot be described as annual until it has been held in at least two successive years. Do not use the term first annual. Instead, note that sponsors plan to hold an event annually."

And first annual sounds retarded.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Now, it's really better to write your check direct to your charity. . . When you "donor designate", United Way takes out of "administrative fee" of anywhere from 5-20%.
    this is why i don't like to donate through united way -- that, and the whole coercion thing.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I also don't see why a person can't have more than one pet.

One of my peeves is when other people can't see that I'm right. Drives me crazy.
    the word "pet," when used in the phrase "pet peeve," is defined as "favorite; most preferred." you can't have two favorites. you have to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    that has always been my pet peeve (i think i mentioned it in another thread a long time ago).
    actually the statement above is not entirely true. my pet peeve used to be "people who have pet peeves," but i learned that most people did not enjoy the irony of my intentional hypocracy as much as i did. so i changed it to "people who have multiple pet peeves."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

My pet peeve is people that like to work too hard on Fridays. Don't they know that my mind is on football on Fridays?

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by ProfStudent158 View Post
    Flat-billed ball caps
    agreed

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

People who dress their pets up in little pet clothes. Also, people who use the word good, when instead they should use the world well.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandon View Post
    My peeve of the football season:

Getting on facebook on Saturdays and seeing countless Tech alumni's/students' status: "Gameday...Geaux Tigers!!!" or "Get your mind right Tiger nation" or "Can't wait to watch some LSU football tonight!!!" or something else to that effect. Shoot me in the face.
    Plus about 50 gazillion.

There is one in my friends-list who just moved back to Ruston and I hope soon quits hawking lsu. I've come close to un-friending some people. I was also sad when one of my friends who has an impeccable Tech pedigree spend the day of our home opener with MSU attending a different SEC game (not lsu, thankfully).

+ Reply to Thread