+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 155 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: peeve of the day

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Re: peeve of the day

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    Well. they arrived today, I put 'em on and headed to the Wal-Mart.
    It is just a shame... a shame I tell you.

Big Dog westdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I have a neighbor who rides a bike that sounds like George Jetson's "car". It can hit 180 mph and he rides it all the time. He's alive.

But, I say BS to that excuse. It's some kind of macho thingy, like making yourself believe the bike has more power, yeah baby! It's obnoxious. No one has to hear you 3 miles away.

What about real cyclists? Ya know, the Lance Armstrong types? They ride along highways and streets. Can't hear them miles away.

Saw some bikers gathered outside a pub wearing T-shirts that had Harley on the back and "Asshole" printed on the front. I said to them: "truth in advertising." They didn't get it, apparently.

I know, you don't care. If you did, you would might consider what your loud bike does to disturb the peace. But, "-------" is appropriate, ain't it.

But, this is only a peeve thread. No biggie!
    First of all, my pipes have saved me on more than one occasion. For example, when some idiot starts to merge without paying attention into my lane. When I either throttle up or down, my pipes get louder, and they suddenly realize, "maybe I should move my head and look before I move".

Your friend that rides his bike that whispers, does he put over 7,000 miles a year on his bike. does he ride to work every day? Does he ride when it gets below 20 degrees outside. I am not some weekend rider who thinks it is just "cool" to ride. I love to ride, and I ride just about every day!

And I am not some typical cussin, tattooed, alchoholic, Harley ridin', idiot biker. I ride a honda, I don't drink, I don't cuss, and I don't ride with some vest with a ton of retarded patches on it.

And your comment about cyclist...not even close to a good argument. for the most part, they don't even ride in the road, they ride on the shoulder, at least in my part of the world they do.

And I do have consideration for others. I go to work before most people are up in the mornings. I take care to try and be as quite as possible until i get to the main highway were there are no more houses.

You want to know my pet peave? It is people who just assume they know who they are talking to and what they are talking about and make an idiot of themselves. Walk a mile in my shoes my friend. Ride a motorcycle every day for 5 years...then you can come talk to me about loud pipes on a bike and know something about it.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

home football games in the middle of the week.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Another peeve.....those who ride motorcycles and try to make others think they have to. Right! as if that certain someone couldn't own a car instead.

Big Dog westdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Another peeve.....those who ride motorcycles and try to make others think they have to. Right! as if that certain someone couldn't own a car instead.
    I have a truck you jerk. I did not say that I had to ride. I said that I love to ride. Also it is 40 mpg vs. 16 mpg. I can't afford a new vehicle.You don't know my situation, and I don't pretend to know yours. Truth is, I would get different pipes put on my bike if I could afford them. They would still be loud pipes, but not nearly as loud as the ones I have now. I bought the bike used with these pipes. Forgive me for not having a spare $400 to buy new ones.

I guess you just want to complain about something that you don't understand or care to understand. I am sure that you have a hobby too that you love. But I am not here to chastise you about it. You just seem to have a general hatred for those who ride. I am sorry you feel this way, but I was not the one who pissed in your cereal, and most of the other people who ride bikes didn't do it either. You think everyone on two wheels is the same person? No wait, I guess you only feel this way toward people who have pipes louder than a mosquito. That tells you my life story...

I will now take the time to apologize to every other person on this board for wasting your time with this post. I will stop posting on this thread for the sake of sticking to the topic. Please accept my apologies.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

people who schedule "important" meetings on days i would like to be off.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westdawg View Post
    I have a truck you jerk. I did not say that I had to ride. I said that I love to ride. Also it is 40 mpg vs. 16 mpg. I can't afford a new vehicle.You don't know my situation, and I don't pretend to know yours. Truth is, I would get different pipes put on my bike if I could afford them. They would still be loud pipes, but not nearly as loud as the ones I have now. I bought the bike used with these pipes. Forgive me for not having a spare $400 to buy new ones.

I guess you just want to complain about something that you don't understand or care to understand. I am sure that you have a hobby too that you love. But I am not here to chastise you about it. You just seem to have a general hatred for those who ride. I am sorry you feel this way, but I was not the one who pissed in your cereal, and most of the other people who ride bikes didn't do it either. You think everyone on two wheels is the same person? No wait, I guess you only feel this way toward people who have pipes louder than a mosquito. That tells you my life story...

I will now take the time to apologize to every other person on this board for wasting your time with this post. I will stop posting on this thread for the sake of sticking to the topic. Please accept my apologies.
    I could care less if you ride a bike or a horse. I just don't want to HAVE to hear you doing so.

Same argument smokers use, or used to. Their nasty habit and the rest of us were supposed to just tolerate it. Ah, no. Well, towns need to pass noise ordinances and if your pipes or the muffler of a truck/car exceed it, then a big fine is all yours! First offense should be $2,000. Give everyone a 30-day grace period to fix their noisey vehicles, and then lower the boom!

You should be apologizing for disturbing the peace and forcing others to have endure your obnoxious noise.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Having class all day Saturday and Sunday during football season...5 times.

home football games in the middle of the week.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    People who say "Double hitter" instead of "Double header." Like the sports man for News Channel 5 in Alexandria.
    I have always hated that. Speaking of baseball those are the same people who pronounce the L in the word Balk.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I have always hated that. Speaking of baseball those are the same people who pronounce the L in the word Balk.
    Why have it if you're not going to pronounce it?

My peeve of the day is silent letters. Just stupid.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Pronouncing the L in Salmon.

Confusing Loose and Lose.

And yes the previously posted Idea vs. Ideal bugs me.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

people who complain about a game in the middle of the week instead of loving the fact that we will be on national TV.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    people who complain about a game in the middle of the week instead of loving the fact that we will be on national TV.
    what makes you think i'm not loving the fact that we are on national tv? it's hard enough for me to travel to games as it is. it's pretty much impossible for me to make it to the game if it's not on a saturday.

of course it could be worse. we could be in the mountain west and playing games in the middle of the week on a channel that most people can't watch.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

People giving me red dots, for a post that doesn't warrant it.

+ Reply to Thread