+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saints!

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Saints!

I know Drew didn't have a great game, but he is awesome none the less!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Saints!

Holy Frickin Cow!! It's time to start the Super Bowl talk. I am already saving up for playoff tickets.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post

I know Drew didn't have a great game, but he is awesome none the less!
    Look for some adjustments from the Saints to give Brees some other options. The Bills did an awesome job of pushing pressure up the middle. Great defensive scheme. Other teams will copycat the Bills....so! the Saints need to make some changes, like roll the pocket to the sides, for instance.

Thomas is a great RB and should be starting and getting the lion's share of the carries in Bell's absence. Bush is not an every down back.

The most impressive thing about the Saints so far is their defense. The D has shutout three opponents in the 4th qtr. Saints have outscored the opposition 38-2 in the 4th. (deliberate safety taken vs. the Eagles).

Have been a Saints' fan for 42 years. Trying not to get too excited. But, the Saints are looking good. They will win the NFC South because they finished last last year, and in this division it's always worst to first. Happens every year. I think the Saints will go no worse than 12-4, perhaps 14-2, that would be awesome! But then it comes down to the win-or-go-home playoffs....

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Yeah, with this defense I think the Saints team we are looking at is a legitimate contender in the NFC. They are better than the team that went to the NFC championship game a few years back ... so far. The garbage time yards racked up during prevent D makes the Saints defense look worse than it is statistically. Anyone who watched the first two games suspected the defense was good. A close game like this one simply confirmed it. The Saints wore the Bills down.

The Saints have two tough games coming up. These will tell the tale of whether they are "for real" vs. favorites in the NFC.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

The experts are saying that weather not the Bills D is what held Brees in check.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    The experts are saying that weather not the Bills D is what held Brees in check.
    What too much breeze for Brees? It was windy, yes. But, the Bills also did a good job getting a good push, a pass rush, up the middle, and Brees couldn't step up like he (and most QBs) likes to do.

Anytime a team can win, on the road by 20 points! while not playing its best game, that's pretty darn good.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Hopefully we won't have a cold weather open-air playoff game.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    What too much breeze for Brees? It was windy, yes. But, the Bills also did a good job getting a good push, a pass rush, up the middle, and Brees couldn't step up like he (and most QBs) likes to do.

Anytime a team can win, on the road by 20 points! while not playing its best game, that's pretty darn good.

Dude played at Purdue, he can handle it when it blows.

Great win for the Saints! Our D is laying some folks out right now. I can't wait to see us back in the dome. The dirty birds are going to be tough but the division should be ours. I feel that we are definitely a playoff team and then we'll see. It's another season once you get to the tournament.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been waiting for this year my whole life. I can't jinx them, since I have never stated that they would win it all - I am saying it this year for the first time. Since they have never won it all, I figure I was jinxing them the other way.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

To me, this team is better than the team that went to the NFC title game. D is better so far (still crossing my fingers on that), Brees and WRS are better, running game is better (finally able to get some guys to replace Deuce). I hope what we saw out of Pierre Thomas the other day was legit. I heard a lot about him coming into the year, and that was a great game. I actually like how we are utilizing Reggie now, less touches so he can last. I just hope we see some more flare out of him in the Punt Return game. It is always hard to say when it is a team's year, since the playoffs are a different animal, but this could definitely be a great regular season for the Saints.

It all stems on these 4 tough OOC home games they have (NYJ, NYG, NE, and DAL). For me to truly believe that we can win it all, we will need to win at least 3 of them. You are talking playoff caliber teams in your own backyard. If you cant handle them there, you cant handle them at a neutral field or away. Also, the Ravens are the best team in the league so far. The defense is still stout, although old and could be knocked down with an injury and the offense is good.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

We own TO.

*insert cleverer smart *** comment here*

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    We own TO.

*insert cleverer smart *** comment here*

Leading into the game I heard some radio guys talking about the game and they were impersonating TO and saying that he had said : " All I know is that when I played the Saints with the Cowboys we put a whooping on them".

I of cours had to write in and remind them of the 40something point whooping we put on the Cowboys and reminded them that the Cowboys haven't beaten the Saints since 1994 which to my recollection was before TO.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Leading into the game I heard some radio guys talking about the game and they were impersonating TO and saying that he had said : " All I know is that when I played the Saints with the Cowboys we put a whooping on them".

I of cours had to write in and remind them of the 40something point whooping we put on the Cowboys and reminded them that the Cowboys haven't beaten the Saints since 1994 which to my recollection was before TO.
    As a cowboy fan I remeber this game vividly. It could easily have been much worse. I guess peyton felt sorry for Bill.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    As a cowboy fan I remeber this game vividly. It could easily have been much worse. I guess peyton felt sorry for Bill.

Yeah from what I remember we were taking a knee pretty early in that one. Sweet.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

If all goes as planned for Cowboys and Saints fans, this game will be huge for both teams. The Boys and Saints will probably be mired in the middle of division races/playoff races at that point. I am glad the Saints have this one at home in the dome.

+ Reply to Thread