+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cuts Revisited

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Cuts Revisited

I've tried to keep up with the situation, but must have missed this regarding Grambling. This is a post from the football forum...

When the Tech budget cuts are considered (4.5 Million compared to Grambling's 2 Million; oh yea, they just got a 1.5 Million recruiting incentive which narrows their cut to a drastic 500,000), I have to question the economic sanity of the individual or individuals that hatched this absurd idea. Tech has increased some class sizes to 160 +, cut some classes out or only offering them once a year, and raised the temperature in some classrooms to reduce costs.

Any links?

Big Dog DrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to all

Re: Cuts Revisited

Actually, I think we were cut more than $4.5mil when you include the midyear cuts that also occurred. I don't know much about Grambling's cuts, but I do know that they got some pretty significant government (federal I think) money recently.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Cuts Revisited

Quote Originally Posted by DrDawg View Post
    Actually, I think we were cut more than $4.5mil when you include the midyear cuts that also occurred. I don't know much about Grambling's cuts, but I do know that they got some pretty significant government (federal I think) money recently.
    If the money was federal and labeled as a "recruiting incentive" they probably won't use it to offset what the state cuts were. Figured they'd get bailed out somehow.

+ Reply to Thread