+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Fletcher

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Lee Fletcher

Thanks for posting this.

I learned a lot that I didn't know about Lee. Does it surprise anyone that Lee had the Tech game on when he passed away?

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Thanks for posting this.

I learned a lot that I didn't know about Lee. Does it surprise anyone that Lee had the Tech game on when he passed away?
    No, it does not. What a great guy. God bless you, Lee.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    No, it does not. What a great guy. God bless you, Lee.

"Ironically, when Fletcher died the television set in his hospital room at St. Francis was tuned to the La. Tech-Hawaii football game, which was televised nationally by ESPN 2. At the time of Fletcher's death, La. Tech was leading, 24-6."

Puppy puddin2006 is just really nicepuddin2006 is just really nicepuddin2006 is just really nicepuddin2006 is just really nicepuddin2006 is just really nicepuddin2006 is just really nicepuddin2006 is just really nicepuddin2006 is just really nicepuddin2006 is just really nice

Very good man and a loyal Techster. God Bless him.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

I figured he would go out listening to the dawgs, glad he got to hear it.

Big Dog mjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud of

I am tremendously saddened by all of this. Many people don't know, but Lee has so so so much to do with the success I've had and where I am today. When I left LA Tech because of Jim Oakes and the way he worked, it was Lee who reached out and offered me a job. He always had tremendous respect for my work and pushed me to be the best. He supported me when I left and always pumped up my work to help me get even further. I would have done anything for him and will continue to do so with Tech Athletics. He'd want it. He told me I was the best in the state at editing video, graphic design and taking photos. He told me once that I was untouchable That's a bold statement. I don't feel as though I've done enough to live up to those words, but I will now.

We would butt heads a lot when I worked for him, but that's how he was. A tough man. He would do anything for anybody and I will miss him so so much.

Rest well my friend...

Matt Lange

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

gosh, this put tear on my eyes again for someone who I never met.

Big Dog mjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud of

Proof of what he did for me. And he was like this for anyone.

From Lee: (a while back)....damn

Re: latechsports.com splashpage
    Let me say that Matt Lange is one of the single most talented creative and design guys in this entire state. He is off the chain. He did an awesome job on this...He also has done multiple tv ads and videos for Tech. He is the brains/talent behind the "Believe in the Blue" video. He deserves much of the credit that has come to TFG over the past couple of years when he worked for us. He is up there with the best of them...And the thing he is really overlooked at is probably his superior photography work. He comes with respect that he earned. In 2006 he did the best tv ad in Louisiana and won "Best of Show" for it from the American Advertising Federation by a group of judges out of TN who picked his work over 600 other applicants in all categories.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

i will admit that i now have a lump in my throat and i am fighting back tears after reading that story. i knew Lee during my time at Tech with the College Republicans, and I did a little on his 2002 campagne. the energy he always had to doing what was right and helping those that needed it is something that i have always admired about him. Tech lost one of her brightest sons far too early, but his impact on the lives he touched was more than most of us will accomplish in a lifetime. Godspeed, Fletch, Godspeed...

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Moist eyes here as well. Sad situation. As i said on the other thread, I'll miss his posts. RIP.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

RIP Fletch. You are missed.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

just curious, what kind of cancer did he have?

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    just curious, what kind of cancer did he have?

His facebook page is still up and he has some blogs on there if you care to read.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I will admit that I had been on the opposite end of a few of his campaigns, but I will miss him and will always recall that he was the first to tell me we had hired DD as coach. God bless you LEE.

+ Reply to Thread