+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Karma!

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Karma!

Quote Originally Posted by RustonNative View Post
    Not to me.
    Not to anyone else either. But Letterman should not have ridiculed a high school student for having sex just to try and make her mother look bad. Low blow from a low life.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

I don't understand the taboo of sex with consenting adults. I don't see it as a big deal now with Letterman, and didn't see it as a big deal with Bristol Palin.
    apparently sexual harassment isn't something you're concerned with
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Varsity Bulldog RustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    Pardon? What did I miss? Explain what you mean.

Did Letterman harass the girl he had sex with? Are you contending that it wasn't consensual?

Perhaps we should agree on the definition of sexual harassment?

I'm using Webster: "uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical behavior of a sexual nature especially by a person in authority toward a subordinate (as an employee or student)"

Still, nothing I've seen or heard suggests that the advances he made toward his subordinate was unwelcome.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Letterman own Worldwide pants, the production company for the Late Show. He had relationships with staffers/interns. He was the supervisor. They were the subordinates. He had the power to directly influence their employment.

I've been through sexual harassment training for three different companies. Each of them would describe what Letterman did as sexual harassment, especially because there were multiple examples of it.
    Last edited by DogtorEvil; 10-03-2009 at 06:15 PM.
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Varsity Bulldog RustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really niceRustonNative is just really nice

Well, I guess his employment status would be up to CBS.

Sexual harassment does matter to me, but I don't think any of us know enough about the inner workings of the encounters between these two to be able to make a legal justification that would approach "sexual harassment".

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

So, with Letterman, an entertainer, you are concerned with sexual harrassment but when a REPUBLICAN Senator does it, it's business as usual??

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    Not to anyone else either. But Letterman should not have ridiculed a high school student for having sex just to try and make her mother look bad. Low blow from a low life.
    I meant to address this before -- I agree, it was a very low blow for him to ridicule her on national TV. Not the place for that sort of ill-bred discourse.

Well, I guess his employment status would be up to CBS.

Sexual harassment does matter to me, but I don't think any of us know enough about the inner workings of the encounters between these two to be able to make a legal justification that would approach "sexual harassment".
    he had multiple relationships with his employees

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

he had multiple relationships with his employees
    Sexual harassment is what Bill O'Reilly does.

Anyway, who cares what these entertainers do in their free time??

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I hope his 20 year live in lover pounds his butt for $$$millions.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Letterman own Worldwide pants, the production company for the Late Show. He had relationships with staffers/interns. He was the supervisor. They were the subordinates. He had the power to directly influence their employment.

I've been through sexual harassment training for three different companies. Each of them would describe what Letterman did as sexual harassment, especially because there were multiple examples of it.
    +1 If I were an employee who DIDN'T have secs with David Letterman and was ever fired, denied a promotion, or anything else, I'd be filing a lawsuit instead of typing this reply and I'd bet I would win.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

From the reports so far, there's no indication that Letterman had sex with his staffers while he was married. He only married in March.

I'm Sure Bristol's life has changed. I find it interesting that she advocates a failed policy (at least in her case) -- abstinence.
    He joked about how cold it was in his house over the weekend and how his GPS system girl wouldn't even talk to him. I think his wife may be a little upset with him over this?

And he compared this to Bill Clinton, Elliot Spitzer, and the SC governor (forgot his name).

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

NOW Goes After David Letterman Over Affairs With Female Staffers

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,562041,00.html

The National Organization for Women has put David Letterman in its crosshairs.

NOW issued a strongly worded statement Tuesday night saying the late-night host created a "toxic environment" for his female employees by having sex with several young staff members over the years.

NOW President Terry O'Neill blasted the late-night funnyman, saying the affairs were classic examples of sexual harassment in the workplace.

"As 'the boss,' he is responsible for setting the tone for his entire workplace — and he did that with sex," O'Neill said. "This places all employees — including employees who happen to be women — in an awkward, confusing and demoralizing situation."

A powerful man with a public forum like Letterman, O'Neill said, can get away with turning women into sex objects because "he can crack a few jokes and publicly apologize for his mistakes."

"It is this kind of hypocrisy that perpetuates the image of men in power preying on women, while many look the other way," O'Neill said.

NOW urged CBS to take immediate action against Letterman for his lewd behavior — but so far, it has stopped short of calling on the network to drop his show.

NOW Goes After David Letterman Over Affairs With Female Staffers

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,562041,00.html

The National Organization for Women has put David Letterman in its crosshairs.

NOW issued a strongly worded statement Tuesday night saying the late-night host created a "toxic environment" for his female employees by having sex with several young staff members over the years.

NOW President Terry O'Neill blasted the late-night funnyman, saying the affairs were classic examples of sexual harassment in the workplace.

"As 'the boss,' he is responsible for setting the tone for his entire workplace — and he did that with sex," O'Neill said. "This places all employees — including employees who happen to be women — in an awkward, confusing and demoralizing situation."

A powerful man with a public forum like Letterman, O'Neill said, can get away with turning women into sex objects because "he can crack a few jokes and publicly apologize for his mistakes."

"It is this kind of hypocrisy that perpetuates the image of men in power preying on women, while many look the other way," O'Neill said.

NOW urged CBS to take immediate action against Letterman for his lewd behavior — but so far, it has stopped short of calling on the network to drop his show.
    Everything NOW( National Organization for Women ) does and says should go under the "Another Democrat Double Standard" thread.

+ Reply to Thread