+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Excessive celebration

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Excessive celebration

I was at a family function and caught the last few minutes of the Georgia/LSU game where: Georgia scored, got an excessive celebration penalty, LSU scored, got an excessive celebration.

I didn't see what the Georgia guy did to warrant the penalty but it appeared that they called the one on LSU as a payback. The LSU guy ran in and went out of the back of the endzone and pointed his two index fingers to the sky, not the Georgia fans.

My question is has the NCAA gone over board with this penalty?

Champ teatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Excessive celebration

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    I was at a family function and caught the last few minutes of the Georgia/LSU game where: Georgia scored, got an excessive celebration penalty, LSU scored, got an excessive celebration.

I didn't see what the Georgia guy did to warrant the penalty but it appeared that they called the one on LSU as a payback. The LSU guy ran in and went out of the back of the endzone and pointed his two index fingers to the sky, not the Georgia fans.

I'm sure the answer to this will be unanimous. OF COURSE! Even on the video game the officials go to far with that call!

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

The excessive celebration should be changed to a 5 yard penalty. I believe their were three called during the entire game and all were LAME. The refs are having too much impact on the game now with these silly, politically correct penalties. Georgia really has a beef that they lost the game because of the last one.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

YES!

stupid rule....

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Both penalties were total BS! It changed the outcome of the game. Those refs should never be allowed to officiate anything above Pop Warner, IMO. This is a reflection of what our society has become....a bunch of pussies!!!

There....I feel much better now!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Both penalties were total BS! It changed the outcome of the game. Those refs should never be allowed to officiate anything above Pop Warner, IMO. This is a reflection of what our society has become....a bunch of pussies!!!
    Be careful.....I agree with ya. That may taint your rep.

Put skirts on em!

Champ Cass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really nice

yeah both of those were kinda lame

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Both were stupid, but after they called the first they had to call the second.

Champ Cass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really nice

guess you are right

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

They should keep the taunting rule as a 15-yard penalty and make it a live-ball foul as has been discussed...taunt an opponent running into the endzone and you lose the TD.

Excessive celebration should be a 5-yard penalty either for the first offense per player or per team. After the first infraction I could live with a 15-yarder being enforced.
    Last edited by RealityCheck; 10-04-2009 at 08:22 PM.

Champ teatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    They should keep the taunting rule as a 15-yard penalty and make it a live-ball foul as has been discussed...taunt an opponent running into the endzone and
    you lose the TD.
    Excessive celebration should either be a 5-yard penalty for the first offense per player or per team. After the first infraction I could live with a 15-yarder being enforced.

Lose the TD? You cant be serious? That would be an even nuttier rule than they have now. Taunting is bad but lose the TD............NO WAY!

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

They should keep the taunting rule as a 15-yard penalty and make it a live-ball foul as has been discussed...taunt an opponent running into the endzone and you lose the TD.

Excessive celebration should either be a 5-yard penalty for the first offense per player or per team. After the first infraction I could live with a 15-yarder being enforced.
    You would have to change the fundamental rules of football.

As soon as the ball crosses the goal line, it becomes dead. No rule enforces a dead ball penalty as a live ball, and vice versa.

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post

As soon as the ball crosses the goal line, it becomes dead. No rule enforces a dead ball penalty as a live ball, and vice versa.
    Man-made concepts/ideas have no fundamental rules. :icon_wink:

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post

Unsportsmanlike conduct currently is an exception to the "fundamental rules of football" as you put it.

As the rule is now, taunting someone on the way into the endzone is penalized as a dead ball foul after the TD is scored. The rules committee is considering changing it to a live ball foul penalized from the spot of the foul, and that would nullify any TD if the ball hasn't crossed the goal line.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Unsportsmanlike conduct currently is an exception to the "fundamental rules of football" as you put it.

As the rule is now, taunting someone on the way into the endzone is penalized as a dead ball foul after the TD is scored. The rules committee is considering changing it to a live ball foul as I believe it should be.
    You're right.

In that case, its entirely possible, and I don't mind it at all. I thought we were talking about celebrations after the touchdown.

Now if the rulebook treats a foul occurring during the live ball period with a dead ball enforcement, that's at liberty to be changed.

+ Reply to Thread