+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ObamaCare not online

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Re: ObamaCare not online

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    most americans don't want the proposed healthcare overhaul, or so I heard. Are there reliable polls?
    Most Americans want a public option.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    Where do get the idea that the public option has been proven to be crappy?
    Look at the places where it has been implemented adn then taken over (GB, Canada, Norway), they have the worse healthcare systems in the world. I know they are single payer and are guys promise not to do that, but we all know that it will just keep growing and growing and growing, just like every other government program.

BTW, I saw the post office started this great program where they will ship all over the US for the same price. We know it makes absolutely no sense economically, but we always can get more money appropriated to us when we start losing tons of money.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Look at the places where it has been implemented adn then taken over (GB, Canada, Norway), they have the worse healthcare systems in the world. I know they are single payer and are guys promise not to do that, but we all know that it will just keep growing and growing and growing, just like every other government program.

BTW, I saw the post office started this great program where they will ship all over the US for the same price. We know it makes absolutely no sense economically, but we always can get more money appropriated to us when we start losing tons of money.
    DH< I think that you don't fully understand what the phrase "public option" means in the current health care reform debate. GB< Canada, Norway have socialize medicine. THe public option here in the US means that a new public health insurance plan would be available to the public. No government hospitals or doctors. The public option would use the same hospitals and doctors that the current private health insurance companies use.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

DH< I think that you don't fully understand what the phrase "public option" means in the current health care reform debate. GB< Canada, Norway have socialize medicine. THe public option here in the US means that a new public health insurance plan would be available to the public. No government hospitals or doctors. The public option would use the same hospitals and doctors that the current private health insurance companies use.
    No, I am fully aware of what it means. I just know where it will lead. Just like when the government gets their tentacles on anything, more control, more bad policy, and more bad consequences ensue.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Are there any reliable polls?

Any poll that shows the public wanting the public option can't be reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    No, I am fully aware of what it means. I just know where it will lead. Just like when the government gets their tentacles on anything, more control, more bad policy, and more bad consequences ensue.
    The curse of the modern, post-industrial society. GD Government. Sure glad I live in the Ozarks, on the western edge of the Eastern deciduous forest. I need to get a dozen or so goats.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Any poll that shows the public wanting the public option can't be reliable.
    OK...you're hijacking a thread again because the thread title and truth is disturbing.
    Liberals hate the polls these days because they show how screwed-up their stance/logic and idea of government is to the truly informed and educated Americans.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoppinmad View Post
    Then it looks like she'll be job hunting too.
    I have wanted her to have a new job for MANY years now. I hope that will be the case this time, but her term is not up in 2010.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I have salty on ignore and would have missed this if you hadn't quoted him. I would love to see where that info. comes from. No polls I have seen agree with him, but he doesn't normally let the facts interfere with his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    OK...you're hijacking a thread again because the thread title and truth is disturbing.
    Liberals hate the polls these days because they show how screwed-up their stance/logic and idea of government is to the truly informed and educated Americans.
    Tyler, you are getting funnier by the day.

You ever thought about being a radio talk show host???

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, especially since most Americans that are for the public option constitute the minority of Americans as a whole. Way to go Salty. Doing a great impression of an Ostrich on this one huh. If I can't see it, it isn't happening. Watch out or you will get what you want, an America that runs to you for tax dollars to bail out their great system.

At least we can count on Vitter and Alexander to vote against it. Especially since they haven't been allowed to read it and fully understand it.

Can't wait until this 4 year fiasco is over. When the Reps get Washington back, I say the first bit of legislation on the table is a bill requiring all bills and amendments be in plain language that a garbage collector (no offense intended) can understand and get a chance to read before the vote. I bet that bill could be in plain language and only 1 paragraph long. We could even follow BHO's advice and get the school kids involved. I bet a 3rd grader could write an adequate bill to cover the subject.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

on top of the "America wanting a public option" comment, didn't the democrats themselves say that less than 10% would take the public option? Doesn't sound like a majority to me, but I was a business major, so I probably am horrible at math.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

I need to get a dozen or so goats.

....and a rope, horse, and cowboy hat.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    yeah, especially since most Americans that are for the public option constitute the minority of Americans as a whole. Way to go Salty. Doing a great impression of an Ostrich on this one huh. If I can't see it, it isn't happening. Watch out or you will get what you want, an America that runs to you for tax dollars to bail out their great system.

At least we can count on Vitter and Alexander to vote against it. Especially since they haven't been allowed to read it and fully understand it.

Can't wait until this 4 year fiasco is over. When the Reps get Washington back, I say the first bit of legislation on the table is a bill requiring all bills and amendments be in plain language that a garbage collector (no offense intended) can understand and get a chance to read before the vote. I bet that bill could be in plain language and only 1 paragraph long. We could even follow BHO's advice and get the school kids involved. I bet a 3rd grader could write an adequate bill to cover the subject.
    Wrong, a majority of Americans want the public option. Sure the republicans will vote against it because they want Obama to fail. They could care less about what is best for America.

+ Reply to Thread