View Poll Results: What will your stance be?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • We need a new HC

4 2.37%
  • We need a new OC

77 45.56%
  • I'm riding it out, things will be better next season with the qb change

69 40.83%
  • It's not as bad as it looks... Would somebody pass the koolaid?

19 11.24%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If we go less than 6-6 this year...

Varsity Bulldog Bain is on top of his/her gameBain is on top of his/her gameBain is on top of his/her gameBain is on top of his/her gameBain is on top of his/her gameBain is on top of his/her gameBain is on top of his/her gameBain is on top of his/her gameBain is on top of his/her gameBain is on top of his/her gameBain is on top of his/her game

Re: If we go less than 6-6 this year...

Quote Originally Posted by cchandler View Post
    17 starters? We lose...6.
    good! I was hoping i was wrong.

Varsity Bulldog dogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

My stance will be to have Dooley the AD to fire Dooley the coach and bring in Turner Gil. Dooley the coach can continue to build up facilities and such and maybe Turner Gil and get some wins out of these players. The players have lost faith in Dooley. Dont think for a minute that these players don't realize that all they have beaten are scrub teams even in the Indpendence Bowl. These players were told that they were going to do special things in Ruston and there is nothing special that has been done during Dooley's tenure.

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dogtek View Post
    My stance will be to have Dooley the AD to fire Dooley the coach and bring in Turner Gil. Dooley the coach can continue to build up facilities and such and maybe Turner Gil and get some wins out of these players. The players have lost faith in Dooley. Dont think for a minute that these players don't realize that all they have beaten are scrub teams even in the Indpendence Bowl. These players were told that they were going to do special things in Ruston and there is nothing special that has been done during Dooley's tenure.
    Got a vendetta? Sounds like it.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

Dooley's pluses far outweigh his minuses this far into his tenure at TECH
    Huh? Did we hire Dooley to be a .500 coach? I don't think so.

To date, Dooley has been a very good Athletic Director. But make no mistake, the jury is still out on his coaching ability. In fact, I can honestly say that I've personally been very disappointed in his coaching ability so far. Especially offensively.

HD

Varsity Bulldog dogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Huh? Did we hire Dooley to be a .500 coach? I don't think so.

To date, Dooley has been a very good Athletic Director. But make no mistake, the jury is still out on his coaching ability. In fact, I can honestly say that I've personally been very disappointed in his coaching ability so far. Especially offensively.

HD

Sometimes it takes guts to call a spade a spade. Dooley though has thrown the desperate a few crumbs and they are very greatful for that and will be for a couple of more season. In 2011, the desperate will expect more wins or more crumbs. I'm sure it'll be more crumbs.

Varsity Bulldog dphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her game

Really? Turner Gill? The guy from buffalo? Don't think we could lure away Nick Saban? Got to remember Tech is for the first time this millenia(sounds better than decade) actually trying to build a program. No hot prospect coach is comming to Tech. Not because we don't have new facilities or great prospects in the state, but because we cannot afford a 2mil a year coach.

We still got 7 games on the schedule.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

My question would be if we go 6-6, do you all think we will get a bowl bid???? Does the WAC have enough slots for us?

I wouldn't be happy, but I could live with a 7-6 season, if we get to bowl and win that! Otherwise, if this DR kid is that good, pull the damn red shirt and let the new era begin!!!! We need a bowl!

DFiH

Quote Originally Posted by dphindawg View Post
    Really? Turner Gill? The guy from buffalo? Don't think we could lure away Nick Saban? Got to remember Tech is for the first time this millenia(sounds better than decade) actually trying to build a program. No hot prospect coach is comming to Tech. Not because we don't have new facilities or great prospects in the state, but because we cannot afford a 2mil a year coach.

We still got 7 games on the schedule.
    Coming to Tech would be a step up for Turner Gil but you wouldn't need 2 mil a year. What we do need is a new coach. Dooley isn't getting it done and frankly, I don't think he can. Everyone will see what I mean if New Mexico St. can score 21 pts. Our offense will not be able to match that.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    My question would be if we go 6-6, do you all think we will get a bowl bid???? Does the WAC have enough slots for us?

I wouldn't be happy, but I could live with a 7-6 season, if we get to bowl and win that! Otherwise, if this DR kid is that good, pull the damn red shirt and let the new era begin!!!! We need a bowl!

DFiH
    I don't think we should pull DR's red shirt halfway through the season. Especially since we have three capable QB's (Cameron, Hardin & Ensminger) sitting on the bench. We haven't seen them play at all.

I'd give EVERYBODY --including Dawg80-- a shot before burning DR's red shirt.

But I also don't think Dooley should just "write off" this season. That's BS! Since when did we become a fan base that's "happy" to finish 6-6? Geesh. Talk about setting our goals LOW! At least give the other QB's a shot, for goodness sake.

HD

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Coming to Tech would be a step up for Turner Gil but you wouldn't need 2 mil a year. What we do need is a new coach. Dooley isn't getting it done and frankly, I don't think he can. Everyone will see what I mean if New Mexico St. can score 21 pts. Our offense will not be able to match that.
    If we don't score 21 pts on NMST, we have more problems than you can shake a stick at.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Sometimes it takes guts to call a spade a spade.
    On a message board with a nickname? No - that actually does not take any guts at all.

We get your point -- you obviously have a strong personal dislike towards Dooley. Fine.

But dont act like you're all tough and brave because you aired your laundry on the internet.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I don't think we should pull DR's red shirt halfway through the season. Especially since we have three capable QB's (Cameron, Hardin & Ensminger) sitting on the bench. We haven't seen them play at all.

I'd give EVERYBODY --including Dawg80-- a shot before burning DR's red shirt.

But I also don't think Dooley should just "write off" this season. That's BS! Since when did we become a fan base that's "happy" to finish 6-6? Geesh. Talk about setting our goals LOW! At least give the other QB's a shot, for goodness sake.

HD
    I guess you miss read me, again... I didn't say I would be happy with a 6-6 record, except that with all the gloom and doom everyone is spouting on here, if we at least get a bowl game, then that is semi-acceptable... otherwise, pull out all stops and let's turn this bastard around!

We need to continue our streak of bowl games at a bare minimum every year!!!!!

DFiH

+ Reply to Thread