+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Deer Season

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Re: Deer Season

Should have passed on that one

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg View Post
    that year'lin still had milk around its mouth

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

deerdinner.jpg

Beautiful presentation!

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    deerdinner.jpg

Beautiful presentation!
    8 points out of 10, should have been a "cathead biscuit" somewhere.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Riiiight...wait 'til I post the pics I just took of the two roasts on the smoker. I might have passed if I lived the carefree, luxurious lifestyle that allows one Shreveportdawg virtually limitless hours on the stand (wait'll you get married there Shreve):icon_wink:. BTW: That's the best deer taken off of that property in quite a while but there is still abruiser out there-I hope.

Stop by the store tomorrow Shreve and I'll make you a smoked venison sammich: thin sliced smoked venison roast with Au Jus sauce on Gambinos french bread with melted swiss and sauteed onions (free of charge). Make a vegetarian "go bad" I tell ya.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

Heard 2 bucks sparring this evening, could tell they were pretty good bucks. A few minutes later a 2.5 yr old 7 point came out followed by the biggest spike ive ever seen. He was about 14 wide with about 18" spikes. I got a trailcam pic of him and he was an older deer so I decided to cull him out of the herd... but I whiffed. How you can miss a deer at 75 yards, I dont know, but Im pretty good at it. I did have a good case of buck fever, from hearing them knocking heads for about 5 mins, I guess thats my excuse

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Riiiight...wait 'til I post the pics I just took of the two roasts on the smoker. I might have passed if I lived the carefree, luxurious lifestyle that allows one Shreveportdawg virtually limitless hours on the stand (wait'll you get married there Shreve):icon_wink:. BTW: That's the best deer taken off of that property in quite a while but there is still abruiser out there-I hope.

Stop by the store tomorrow Shreve and I'll make you a smoked venison sammich: thin sliced smoked venison roast with Au Jus sauce on Gambinos french bread with melted swiss and sauteed onions (free of charge). Make a vegetarian "go bad" I tell ya.

I've only been twice. 8 saturday morning (3 basket racks) and 3 does that evening...My grandad had to watch a bruiser on my main stand feed broadside for 30 minutes Sunday evening...Said he couldnt make a 200 yard shot with iron sights....I would have damn sure tried....Anyway if he's back this weekend he's going down.

As for the wife thing...She will know beforehand what my priorities are during hunting season and there is a nice bed for her at the camp if she doesnt want to sit in her own stand...Otherwise we just won't get married....There's a few of us that have to keep our balls...maybe one day u will borrow yours from your wife's purse.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I've only been twice. 8 saturday morning (3 basket racks) and 3 does that evening...My grandad had to watch a bruiser on my main stand feed broadside for 30 minutes Sunday evening...Said he couldnt make a 200 yard shot with iron sights....I would have damn sure tried....Anyway if he's back this weekend he's going down.

As for the wife thing...She will know beforehand what my priorities are during hunting season and there is a nice bed for her at the camp if she doesnt want to sit in her own stand...Otherwise we just won't get married....There's a few of us that have to keep our balls...maybe one day u will borrow yours from your wife's purse.
    I took her .243 Sunday PM to sight it in. She hasn't killed one/hunted with me in a couple of years as she's been busy with grant work and her new position at school but she plans on going this weekend. Our first "official" date was a duck hunt on Toledo Bend. SOunds like you're planning on marrying well. I was more referring to being "married" to my buiness.:icon_wink: I've got a Dr's appt this AM but I'm serious about the sammich. Call me ahead of time if you decide you can come by.

dererroast1.jpg

deerroast2.jpg

I took her .243 Sunday PM to sight it in. She hasn't killed one/hunted with me in a couple of years as she's been busy with grant work and her new position at school but she plans on going this weekend. Our first "official" date was a duck hunt on Toledo Bend. SOunds like you're planning on marrying well. I was more referring to being "married" to my buiness.:icon_wink: I've got a Dr's appt this AM but I'm serious about the sammich. Call me ahead of time if you decide you can come by.

Attachment 4306

Attachment 4307
    I will be there

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Here's the pic of my deer..along with the same nights supper: Fried backstrap with sawmill gravy, sweet corn and mustard greens. It was a great Sunday!

Attachment 4303

Attachment 4304

Nice buck, Ross!
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I wish I could walk 10 ft. without huffing and puffing like a locomotive. If I ever want to deer hunt again, I'd probably have to get a ground blind and spend the night in it so as not to scare the dear away with all the noise.

Went this AM and passed on a spike and watched a young doe eat every drop of corn one of our feeders threw at 7:15 this AM. She fed in front of me for over thirty minutes and waddled directly under my stand. She must have gotten some ants or something equally as disturbing in her nose while rooting in the corn as she was throwing a fit snorting and using her back leg to scratch at her nose. It was quite entertaining. I hunted the backside of our swamp/duck timber and the flood debris was at four foot levels in the trees. On the way out I noticed that the big boy or a big boy had come down the trail after me. Huge tracks splayed out with dew claw marks dug in deep..even in the tight sand and several rubs on big trees in a line going into the canebreak. Trailcam had a nice picture of his back legs at around 8 this AM. I'll be on that stand again tomorrow AM.
    The stand I shot my deer off of and posted the other pictures from had about 10 pictures of surveyors on it and they drove their trucks all over and through my planted lanes. Rutted it up real nice for me and there were cigarette butts and drink containers everywhere. Looks like I'm the proud owner of a new pipeline.

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

Had the same thing happen last year market. It was the Jags bye week and Josh wanted to shoot something so we got on the stand and about 30 mins after daylight here comes a whole crew of folks. Ruined the morning but I did get a new pipeline out of the deal.

went this weekend and it was slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Hear very few shots scattered around. Of course there was that one guy that shot 10 times Sunday afternoon. Sounded like he hit something and then the rest were spaced out like he was chasing it through a cutover or something.

Hunted Sun PM and didn't see anything (first time that's happened all season). Camped out and hunted Monday AM and saw one doe. Hunted Monday PM and saw the same two yearlings-minus their Momma-that I've been seeing feeding at the same location all season. Wonder if the bucks have run the does already?

+ Reply to Thread