+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Confessions...

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Confessions...

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    They seem to have the pieces, yes. Except a QB. Scott should get 100 yds every game. He's an NFL player in a college uniform.
    I sure wish we had an offense. I think we can contain their running game and force Jefferson to beat us. But I don't think we can score a single point on them.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    I sure wish we had an offense. I think we can contain their running game and force Jefferson to beat us. But I don't think we can score a single point on them.
    Actually, I don't think we can contain their running game if they run wide. IMHO, we haven't shown the ability at Navy or Nevada to stop the pitchout or sweep type of plays. We are getting poor OLB and CB help to keep the yards from rolling up on the edges. And neither of the schools mentioned above had the speed of LSU to hit the edges. That said, that still probably needs to be our game plan.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Actually, I don't think we can contain their running game if they run wide. IMHO, we haven't shown the ability at Navy or Nevada to stop the pitchout or sweep type of plays. We are getting poor OLB and CB help to keep the yards from rolling up on the edges. And neither of the schools mentioned above had the speed of LSU to hit the edges. That said, that still probably needs to be our game plan.
    Good point. LSU's offense is Nevada-light.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    If LSU loses every game from here on out guess where the bandwagon and donations go? I want everyone in the State except Tech to lose ALL of the time. That is ideal.
    Still to LSU. If it were different we would have had a huge fanbase when Dinardo was at LSU.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    I can't figure out LSU's offense. They have what Les Miles called "the best OL since he's been there", a 6-5 QB who has a cannon and can run the option too, a big bruising RB with decent speed, two 6-3 WR's with blazing speed, the fastest player in the NCAA, and Gary Crowton calling plays, but they just can't seem to score points. Most would even say this offense sucks. I'm sure they'll get it ironed out by the time we role into BR.
    Their O-line hasn't lived up to it's billing. They cannot run up the middle, and their QB is so afraid of throwing a pick that he takes a sack on 4th and 1 with the game on the line. He is an idiot. Their defense looked better than last year, and Keiland(sp?) Williams wants to be some kind of "Reggie Bush" type player and run outside with alot of switchbacks. Where was Russell Shepard? Ruben Randall? What about all the undiciplined penalties? LSU got beat because they weren't as good as the talent they have says they should be.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

That's the most conservative I've ever seen Florida play. Steve Spurrier would have put up about 40 on lsu. I loved to watch Spurrier's offense when was the Florida coach.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    Their O-line hasn't lived up to it's billing. They cannot run up the middle, and their QB is so afraid of throwing a pick that he takes a sack on 4th and 1 with the game on the line. He is an idiot. Their defense looked better than last year, and Keiland(sp?) Williams wants to be some kind of "Reggie Bush" type player and run outside with alot of switchbacks. Where was Russell Shepard? Ruben Randall? What about all the undiciplined penalties? LSU got beat because they weren't as good as the talent they have says they should be.
    Those 90's excuses!! I love it. Bring back those memories of Hallman and Dinardo.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    That rule applies to every single team we play EXCEPT lsu for me. I wanted Florida to beat them badly. Florida shot themselves in the foot serveral times, but pulled it out. I just didn't want all the N. Louisiana headlines about Tech losing and lsu winning today. I certainly didn't want a full front page spread about how great lsu was this morning. Got my wish.

We will never agree on politics, but in this area we ALWAYS agree!

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Never understood the hate for lsu overriding the logic of wanting opponents to do well. Why would't you want our opponent to be ranked as high as possible when we get there in November? We lose and we've lost to a better team. We win and we've beaten a better team.

I assume we should hope for a Boise loss against Tulsa next week?

BTW, I'll put my hatred of lsu up against anybody who posted prior to this.:icon_wink:
    I've said this before, but lsu is not just another opponent. lsu is the ONLY opponent we will EVER face that a significant number of our students and alumni will rate as their #1 team. lsu is the ONLY other school that I have had TECH STUDENTS tell me over and over again I *should* be supporting. I haven't checked the numbers lately, but a while back the largest Facebook group for Tech students was called "lsu fans stuck at Tech."

I didn't care at all about lsu before I came to Ruston. In fact, I literally thought that lsu was a fictional school made up for the movie "Everybody's All-American" until I got to Ruston. But then when I had Tech students justifying why they support a school I'd never heard of over their own school, and explaining to me why I *should* support the "state school," that is when the ire began to grow.

Like it or not, lsu is not just another school as far as Tech is concerned. Sure there is a lot of hatred for it on here, but it is also the ONLY school that otherwise diehard Tech fans will look down their noses at other diehard Tech fans and chide them for their hatred.

My question is this: Why do any of you care what schools I choose to hate? Why do you feel like you have to correct anyone on here for daring to root *against* the "state school"?

And for the record, I don't so much hate lsu as I hate the mindset in Louisiana that results in so many Tech students and alumni supporting them over their own school. But the more I get told why I should support lsu or why I shouldn't hate them, the more that disdain spills over onto the school itself.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    BTW, I'll put my hatred of lsu up against anybody who posted prior to this.:icon_wink:
    you would lose that one...

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

I don't hate LSU.

I find my "extreme dislike" to fall to the Tech students that proudly boast their following of it.

For that reason I hope that lspoo loses every single game they play in every sport as long as they're doors are open as an institution.

If we didn't have the problem with Tech students falling in this ditch then I wouldn't give a rip about the school either way.

In my personal opinion I would like to play them every season in every sport with the hopes that we would get students off the wagon and behind their own school.

LSU would be the last team I would ever pull for, well, let me think about that, I can't think of anyone they would play that I wouldn't pull for the other team.

+ Reply to Thread