+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Dawghouse

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The Dawghouse

[quote=rbhtech;819445]I would put a ton of money down to watch that... You would take a beating like you have not had since the last time you wrote a check you could not cash.... quote]

Never happened and never will. Not only did I hit the head at sundown after the game and many bowls of chili, I encouraged a large group of Sigma Kappa alum to skip sundown and head to the Dawghouse.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post

[Never happened and never will. Not only did I hit the head at sundown after the game and many bowls of chili, I encouraged a large group of Sigma Kappa alum to skip sundown and head to the Dawghouse.

You probably just missed HD, Dr Evil and me at the Dawghouse! We went there and had a great time! That is a nice place (my 1st time there) and they bleed Dawg Blue!! The service did suck (who ever printed that before), but it didn't matter that much since there was a bucket o' beer on the table and some good conversations all around!!!

The best part was there was not 1 piece of LSU crap anywhere,not even on the backs of the wannabe's!!!! In fact, I would go so far to say that a trip into that 'Den of Dawgdom' on a Saturday night in the fall would convert even the most purple hearted of N. Louisiana!!!!

DFiH
    (Dawg Fan in Houston, not 'Dawg Fan in House'!)

Varsity Bulldog dmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post

You probably just missed HD, Dr Evil and me at the Dawghouse! We went there and had a great time! That is a nice place (my 1st time there) and they bleed Dawg Blue!! The service did suck (who ever printed that before), but it didn't matter that much since there was a bucket o' beer on the table and some good conversations all around!!!

The best part was there was not 1 piece of LSU crap anywhere,not even on the backs of the wannabe's!!!! In fact, I would go so far to say that a trip into that 'Den of Dawgdom' on a Saturday night in the fall would convert even the most purple hearted of N. Louisiana!!!!

DFiH
    (Dawg Fan in Houston, not 'Dawg Fan in House'!)
    You didn't happen to see a guy on the back wall climb on top of a table, walk across it and then trip over some chairs and crash down next to the kitchen did you? Our table was lively, to say the least.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dmcguirt23 View Post
    You didn't happen to see a guy on the back wall climb on top of a table, walk across it and then trip over some chairs and crash down next to the kitchen did you? Our table was lively, to say the least.
    I missed that one!!! It was a bit lively every where in that place!!! Sounds like your table was leading the way!

DFiH

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rbhtech View Post
    I have a ? to sundown haters...... I have a girlfriend... She is a huge lswho fan... I hate lswho and love all tech sports.... Should I never play with her DD's again??? Should I never let her make my be or do my clothes... Just a ?
    Awesome answer.

I'm a huge LSU hater. But you know what, I like the bar. So I go. Assume I want to watch a Tech game and they say "no" (which I find unlikely considering there are 3 TVs):

1. I leave the bar and watch somewhere else.
    2. If enough people cared more about watching Tech, they would leave too.
    3. Sundown loses business.

And you know what, regardless of affiliation, its a business decision to select football games. If I own a bar in Columbus, OH, you really think I'm going to turn on ONLY the Tech game during an OSU matchup? People will leave, and I lose money. So I'll change my tune the next week and then make money.

Besides, its his bar. If you don't like what he does, don't go. But don't get pissed because he doesn't hate LSU and then take a dump on his property.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by rbhtech View Post
    I have a ? to sundown haters...... I have a girlfriend... She is a huge lswho fan... I hate lswho and love all tech sports.... Should I never play with her DD's again??? Should I never let her make my be or do my clothes... Just a ?

Mixed marriages don't work...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog Dawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her game

I bought 2 $3.00 beers on my debit card after the game Saturday afternoon. I checked my bank account today and the Dawg House charged me 2 seperate transactions for $30.00 each. That means my 2 draft beers were $60.00 total. I will be calling them in the morning. Other than that I had a great time. Hopefully we can straighten this out without a problem.

DAWGY

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgtired View Post
    How about hosting the annual Jon Simoneaux memorial scholarship (to tech) jam? I'm sure there are more... This is the first that pops into my mind, and must be shocking to some that he --- gasp --- raises money for a tech scholarship in doing so.

But really, I think it's more important that we let people who ADMITTEDLY don't frequent his establishment tell us that do what a sorry sob he is, what kind of decor he has, and how he's the biggest lsu supporter in Ruston.

But I guess since a friend of a friend of a friend says so, it must be the gospel.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgtired View Post
    I posted this earlier, but everyone refuses to acknowledge it.

"How about hosting the annual Jon Simoneaux memorial scholarship (to tech) jam? I'm sure there are more... This is the first that pops into my mind, and must be shocking to some that he --- gasp --- raises money for a tech scholarship in doing so.

But really, I think it's more important that we let people who ADMITTEDLY don't frequent his establishment tell us that do what a sorry sob he is, what kind of decor he has, and how he's the biggest lsu supporter in Ruston."

Sounds like you guys just have an axe to grind.
    I'll acknowledge it. I don't have an axe to grind with Bruce. I've only been to The Sundowner maybe 5 or 6 times. Not my kind of place. However, I will say that just because he hosts the Sim memorial scholarship doesn't make him a Tech supporter. I guarantee you he makes a ton of money off the drinks sold at the joint. Do you think he would hold it if he didn't make any money? Incidentally, one of the guys that graduated high school with me and Sim is looking into trying to play at the event this year.

+ Reply to Thread