+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dawghouse

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

Re: The Dawghouse

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    They have a big LATech/Miller-Lite schedule poster by the pool table...and some random pictures and junk.
    I would take a hot roast beef from Sundown over anything at the dawg house.... I do enjoy the dawg house... The Only "TECH ONLY" place in town and cold beer with many choices... You will never find GREAT service in a college town....

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rbhtech View Post
    I would take a hot roast beef from Sundown over anything at the dawg house.... I do enjoy the dawg house... The Only "TECH ONLY" place in town and cold beer with many choices... You will never find GREAT service in a college town....
    They don't support Tech, Sundown do have some LSU stuff behind the bar. I won't eat at SD because of their lack of support to Louisiana Tech. Go to any big college town, the local businesses back their local university.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    They don't support Tech, Sundown do have some LSU stuff behind the bar. I won't eat at SD because of their lack of support to Louisiana Tech. Go to any big college town, the local businesses back their local university.
    AND...they don't have sweet tea and their service is TERRIBLE.

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

And that has nothing to do with the best po-boy in town.... There is a some lswho stuff in there no doubt... Most people (not all) raised in Louisiana are lswho fans.... 70% of TECH fans are lswho fans.... like i said the po-boys are loose...

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

And that has nothing to do with the best po-boy in town.... There is a some lswho stuff in there no doubt... Most people (not all) raised in Louisiana are lswho fans.... 70% of TECH fans are lswho fans.... like i said the po-boys are loose...
    Best Po-boy in town is at Papa Joes.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Word, Papa Joe's is legit, one of my favorite places in Ruston. Only went to Sundown once, and it blew. Wont ever go back after finding out about their LSU obsession. What a bunch of douchebags.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    I get the Hamburger po-boy at papa joes..... I love it...
    I also like the scatter loaf at Dowlings

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I get the Hamburger po-boy at papa joes..... I love it...
    I also like the scatter loaf at Dowlings
    Have you tried the Sloppy Roast Beef Po-Boy at Papa Joes? OMG

The Scatter Load with cheese on Jalepeno Cheese Bread is my ABSOLUTE favorite BBQ Sandwich in the entire world!!!!

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Word, Papa Joe's is legit, one of my favorite places in Ruston. Only went to Sundown once, and it blew. Wont ever go back after finding out about their LSU obsession. What a bunch of douchebags.
    Bruce and his wife are not douchebags. In fact, Bruce got his degree from Tech. They run a VERY good business, with consistent quality food. He knows your name and what you are going to order as soon as you walk in... He's a very kind and friendly man.

Now, about two years ago he was given a big framed and matted lsu picture by one of his regular customers. He put it up -- bad move on his part... but we Tech folks complained nicely and he took the pic down and even apologized for it. Could he have more Tech stuff in there? Probably, but he knows where his bread is buttered... Tech students and staff.

Saying they are douchebags is a little over the line unless you would tell him personally. And personally, I don't think you would.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I ate at Sundown a week ago for the first time. Very good food. Very good service. Price was fine. Sat outside under a fan; nice atmosphere on a nice day. I'll go back.

Where is Papa Joe's? Haven't been there & don't recall seeing it around town.

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    I ate at Sundown a week ago for the first time. Very good food. Very good service. Price was fine. Sat outside under a fan; nice atmosphere on a nice day. I'll go back.

Where is Papa Joe's? Haven't been there & don't recall seeing it around town.
    Papa Joes is on California kind of across from Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgtired View Post
    Bruce and his wife are not douchebags. In fact, Bruce got his degree from Tech. They run a VERY good business, with consistent quality food. He knows your name and what you are going to order as soon as you walk in... He's a very kind and friendly man.

Now, about two years ago he was given a big framed and matted lsu picture by one of his regular customers. He put it up -- bad move on his part... but we Tech folks complained nicely and he took the pic down and even apologized for it. Could he have more Tech stuff in there? Probably, but he knows where his bread is buttered... Tech students and staff.

Saying they are douchebags is a little over the line unless you would tell him personally. And personally, I don't think you would.
    Are Bruce and his wife members of LTAC? If so, I might can stomach this. If not, they are the epitome of what is wrong at Tech. Those that want to take away and never give back. Just calling it like I see it, if that is the case.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

That's a good question?

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Papa Joe's does have the best roast beef poboy, I will give 'em that. But as far as variety and overall quality, you can't go wrong with a sundown poboy or sandwich and they have the coldest bottle beer in town. Btw, Bruce has a Tech football helmet behind the bar and he has our Bud Lite football schedule on the wall.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Cue DFIH...

+ Reply to Thread