+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Jenkins should continue to start

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Re: Why Jenkins should continue to start

Jenkins in 2009 has a rating of 119.46. The last season a Tech QB had higher than that?
    Kubik in 2005.

Jenkins in 2009 has a completion percentage of 59.5%. The last season a Tech QB had higher than that?
    Luke McCown in 2000 (his freshman season).

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

My only concern is other coaches would have let their backups in games to "just see what they could do" or "add a different spark". It is very common for coaches to do this who are losing games and the QB is clearly struggling.

Dooley REFUSES to even think of letting another QB in the game...

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

What are the stats on sacks? Look, whatever Ross's numbers are, he's not getting it done. No, he's not alone because there are lots of positions that aren't getting it done. Unfortunately for him, his position is the most important on the field. I'm not saying he shouldn't start, I'm just saying that we need to get some other guys in as well. Cameron should get at least 2 series against NMSU. Their pass rush is soft and it'd be a great game to get him some experience.

Dooley and crew can't continue to do the same thing and expect different results.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

He put Colby Cameron in at the end of the Nicholls State game when things were well under control. Didn't he have issues even holding on to the snap?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    He put Colby Cameron in at the end of the Nicholls State game when things were well under control. Didn't he have issues even holding on to the snap?
    I don't know. I can see that he only threw three passes. Junk time PT is great, but it isn't a good gauge for how a player will perform in a normal game situation. One series isn't enough for a QB to get into the groove of the offense.

I'm hoping we'll give someone else a legitimate chance to play this weekend...it's the perfect time.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Puppy 87dawg seems to have something between the ears87dawg seems to have something between the ears87dawg seems to have something between the ears87dawg seems to have something between the ears87dawg seems to have something between the ears87dawg seems to have something between the ears87dawg seems to have something between the ears87dawg seems to have something between the ears

Yes put another QB in with starters! That would make a difference... I would think. Its hard to judge when a back up is put in with 3rd string.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Jenkins in 2009 has a rating of 119.46. The last season a Tech QB had higher than that?
    Kubik in 2005.

Jenkins in 2009 has a completion percentage of 59.5%. The last season a Tech QB had higher than that?
    You have to admit that that the majority of Ross' completions are VERY short throws. He has yet to have shown that he can be consistently accurate with his deep or mid-range passes. That's what was so disturbing about the Nevada performance--he looked as though he CANNOT make those throws. He can all the time in the world, but if he can't make the throw--it doesn't matter.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Didn't he have issues even holding on to the snap?
    That one was on Dawgzilla - the sound system went beserk and scared the bejezzers out of everyone in the stadium
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    You have to admit that that the majority of Ross' completions are VERY short throws. He has yet to have shown that he can be consistently accurate with his deep or mid-range passes. That's what was so disturbing about the Nevada performance--he looked as though he CANNOT make those throws. He can all the time in the world, but if he can't make the throw--it doesn't matter.
    My question is do you think that is because the WRs can't run better longer routes or because the OL can't get enough protection?

I find myself agree that Jenkins isn't getting the job done but I am not ready to argue any other QB other than Doak can do any better right now. And I don't see any way we pull the redshirt on Doak.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    My question is do you think that is because the WRs can't run better longer routes or because the OL can't get enough protection?

I find myself agree that Jenkins isn't getting the job done but I am not ready to argue any other QB other than Doak can do any better right now. And I don't see any way we pull the redshirt on Doak.
    The throws I'm referring to happened with our receivers BEHIND the defenders (by a couple of steps) and Ross threw it in FRONT of the defenders (by several yards). The ball was floated out there and was simply poorly placed. Personally, I don't think it's as much a matter of arm strength as I do mechanics. Ross tends to wind up on his longer throws. If he has to throw quickly, he can't get it out there. In the Spring, I noticed Cameron has the arm strength to "flick" the ball on a line. I'm interested in seeing Colby make some more long throws.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Kubik in 2005.

Oh...okay. So, let the record show, YOU and JUICE think everything is FINE with our QB. (What in the world do people like this possibly do for a living? It's obvious they aren't results oriented!)

HD

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post

Why would you pull the red shirt off DR? Why wouldn't you AT LEAST see if the other QB's can play FIRST??? Geeez.... We haven't even seen them play.

HD

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Kubik in 2005.

So what you are saying is he is better than Zac Champion?? Or Donald Allen??

Congrats, lets give him the Heisman.
    Last edited by Bigdog13; 10-14-2009 at 06:19 PM.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Tebow 309 net yards rushing for 5 td's/777 yards passsing for 7 td's/2 ints/ 55 of 84

Jenkins 3 net yards rushing 0 td's/888 yards passing for 3 td's/3 ints/ 78 of 131

This is a silly discussion.

Big Dog TruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the rough TruDawg's Avatar

Cameron was terrible when he got in against Nicholls, he could not throw the ball better than Jenkins in any world. Give Jenkins some confidence, let Doak red shirt so we can have him for longer. Throwing in a new quarterback will not turn things around overnight.

+ Reply to Thread