+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coherd's perspecitve on a "game manager"

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Coherd's perspecitve on a "game manager"

I heard a sound bite from Cowherd this am in which he said the difference between a "game manager" and a "playmaker" is two plays per game in a nfl season that is 32 plays and the difference between 8-8 and 11-5.

I think that sums it up about right and is more than enough reason for us to see any qb we have on the roster get a chance to make some plays.

Sorry for the new thread on this old topic but I thought it deserved it's own thread.

Bulldog cnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nicecnn003 is just really nice

Re: Coherd's perspecitve on a "game manager"

Yea, a "game manager" just doesn't cut it. I'm sorry, I want a playmaker.

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Game managers work better at bcs level schools... A non-AQ school like Tech needs a playmaker at qb.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Rattay and McCown prove that even a playmaker still needs a surrounding cast though. Rattay had Edwards and Cangelosi. Luke had like 4 guys as well. Playmaker still has to have all the parts. I would say that a manager is a guy who can hit the open man on a regular basis. A playmaker can fit the ball in a window that only his athletic receiver can get to.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Rattay and McCown prove that even a playmaker still needs a surrounding cast though. Rattay had Edwards and Cangelosi. Luke had like 4 guys as well. Playmaker still has to have all the parts. I would say that a manager is a guy who can hit the open man on a regular basis. A playmaker can fit the ball in a window that only his athletic receiver can get to.

I would settle for this.....if we had this, we would be fine........but we do not

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

that is what I am saying. We are far below game manager status right now. We are taking up a spot on the roster and that is all.

Puppy Woods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the ears

Game manager = Matt Kubick

There were a lot of people that complained about him when he was playing, wish we still had him.

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woods Dawg View Post
    Game manager = Matt Kubick

There were a lot of people that complained about him when he was playing, wish we still had him.
    I would LOVE to have Kubik here now! With the playmakers we have on offense(Cruz, Livas, Porter, Fitte, Morris) he would thrive.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    I would settle for this.....if we had this, we would be fine........but we do not

I'm not so sure that he can't. I've stated this before and so have others that I think we are getting what the coaches are asking for. They are asking the QB's to be so careful with the ball that they are scared to throw. We've gone from the Gunslinger to Gunshy.

Varsity Bulldog raam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of light

Having a game manager is fine, if that manager has the supporting cast so he doesn't have to be a playmaker.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    I would LOVE to have Kubik here now! With the playmakers we have on offense(Cruz, Livas, Porter, Fitte, Morris) he would thrive.
    Ok... can we PLEASE stop calling Dennis "D-NO SHOW" Morris a playmaker?? Dude's got maybe 12 career catches and just about that many DROPS.

... and even when he does make a catch, he's SOFT. I could tackle him because even with a full head a steam, he'd try and JUKE instead of just bowling over me. I would even put money on Dawg Dude being able to take him down.

+ Reply to Thread