+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rush Out

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Rush Out

Can't believe there wasn't a thread about this.

Back to the Vick thing...I was upset then about the NFL allowing a convicted felon to participate. It was about making money. One the other hand they use racial tension as a reason to snub Rush. It is still about money.

I hope he wins tons of money against those who mis-quoted him.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Rush Out

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Can't believe there wasn't a thread about this.

Back to the Vick thing...I was upset then about the NFL allowing a convicted felon to participate. It was about making money. One the other hand they use racial tension as a reason to snub Rush. It is still about money.

I hope he wins tons of money against those who mis-quoted him.
    The only problem with getting that money is that it means some slime-ball attorneys will benefit as well. I hope he gets the satisfaction over time of exposing those that unfairly trashed him.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    The only problem with getting that money is that it means some slime-ball attorneys will benefit as well. I hope he gets the satisfaction over time of exposing those that unfairly trashed him.
    Are you saying that any attorney that would represent Rush must be a slime ball?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Are you saying that any attorney that would represent Rush must be a slime ball?
    Pretty sure he means ALL attorney's are slime-balls. :icon_wink:

I don't think Rush would have a case. He said what he said. The merit of it being racist or not doesn't matter, and it would be in his best interest to NOT take it to court, imo. I don't see it ending well for him if he did

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    The only problem with getting that money is that it means some slime-ball attorneys will benefit as well.
    Have you never met a good, respectable lawyer? I've ran across several bad doctors in my life, but wouldn't it be asinine for me to stereotype all doctors as being bad?

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Pretty sure he means ALL attorney's are slime-balls. :icon_wink:

Definitely sure he means attorneys occupying the WH.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I don't think Rush would have a case. He said what he said. The merit of it being racist or not doesn't matter, and it would be in his best interest to NOT take it to court, imo. I don't see it ending well for him if he did
    You obviously aren't keeping up. He DID NOT say what they said he said. The only beef they had was the McNabb comment. Several media outlets, politicos, and personalities (all Rush haters) quoted him saying racist comments he never said. He has nothing to lose. This type thing will only increase his audience.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoppinmad View Post
    Definitely sure he means attorneys occupying the WH.
    Why them? They would would salivate at the chance to perse... prosecute him.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    You obviously aren't keeping up. He DID NOT say what they said he said. The only beef they had was the McNabb comment. Several media outlets, politicos, and personalities (all Rush haters) quoted him saying racist comments he never said. He has nothing to lose. This type thing will only increase his audience.
    What changed yesterday???

What changed yesterday???
    Nothing changed other than the buyers group officially nixed Rush. He's cocked and ready. Hope he burns their PC arse up.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Why them? They would would salivate at the chance to perse... prosecute him.

Heh, heh, heh... I was referring to the slime-ball part of it.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

People have dramatized this thing over and over. I was listening to sports talk radio here in Houston yesterday and some guy calls in and equates Rush owning an NFL team to Farrakhan owning an NHL team. Seriously??? Farrakhan and Rush are on the same plane??? Rush, who said something about a black QB that is probably fairly true (although I have always thought of McNabb as a good to great QB) is the same as Farrakhan, who openly hates Whites and Jews? Am I missing something? Outside of the McNabb comment, has Rush said many other racially charged comments?

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

This drives me bonkers, what Rush said with regard to McNabb is that he was overrated. Now, his reasoning for McNabb being overrated was a commentary on the Sports Media. His OPINION was that the sports media has a strong desire to see a black QB be successful in the NFL. What the hell is wrong with that? Is it completely untrue. If so, so what it's still just his opinion.

Now for the ownership, I tuned into the first of Rush's show today to hear what he had to say. This is what I heard. A, he lost nothing in the deal. B, the group that he was a part of trying to purchase the Rams approached him, and assured him that they had talked to the NFL and everyone was OK with Limbaugh coming on board. Rush stated that his mistake was not getting that assurance himself. C, the comments that have been attributed to him he did not make, and even the mainstream press that is covering this admits that he did not make them and then goes on to say what everyone is saying he said that he didn't say. D, the final straw came when the representative of the players union (an Obama supporter and ally) put pressure on the owners to lock him out. The collective bargaining agreement with the players is up next year and the rep for the player used this as leverage to block Limbaugh. F, he was asked to step aside and he told his partner (the one that asked him in) that the group would have to fire him and that is what they did.

Everyone knows Rush is a big NFL fan. He is the biggest non paid proponent of the NFL that I can think of. After all of these statements Rush had his buddy "The Hutch" I can't think of his real name but he is a former NFL player and (GASP) black guy come on. The Hutch was pissed about the deal and had a lot to say about the situation. If you have access his comments were worth a listen.

My $.02 is that most people don't get Rush. They are not in on the joke. They don't understand that he says things that piss people off because that is what gets him attention and fame. I disagree with him a lot, but I also agree with him a lot. I can tell you this that in my 17+ years of listening to him I know for a fact that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are bigger racist than Rush could ever be. In fact Rush is as far from being a racist as anyone that I know. Now I know a few racist and I try not to associate with them but Limbaugh is not one of them. If Rush is guilty of anything it is not being sensitive. He would just rather get down to the nitty gritty of things than worry about who's feelings it is going to hurt. He calls it the way he sees it and that pisses some people off, and he does not care one fraction of an iota.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

I think teatech should weigh in.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    I think teatech should weigh in.
    He is the master of race relations. Let me try to summarize his thoughts:

"Rush is the worst bigot of all. He hides it deep down and then it comes out with the hate and venom he spews every now and then. He is as bad as the underlying racial tension in the corporate world holding black people down today. Remember everyone that my dad marched with MLK and I started an organization to help black people, blah, blah, blah. I hate Rush Limbaugh."

+ Reply to Thread