+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RUSTON High beats Bastrop

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: RUSTON High beats Bastrop

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Bastrop was winning before Katrina and got beat by the state champion last year with no Katrina kids.

You know jack squat.

Maybe not. We'll see.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Bastrop was winning before Katrina and got beat by the state champion last year with no Katrina kids.

You know jack squat.
    i wouldn't put the term "mediocrity" to describe what bastrop was doing from the early part of the decade to katrina, but i don't think anyone can argue that bradshaw couldn't get the rams over the top before mackey arrived. now how much of that had to do with john curtis being in 4a at the time? that's a great argument. bastrop was a perennial semifinalist, which is no slouch. but i'll be interested to see if they can get back to the level where they can win another state title without the evacuees.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

In either 03' or 04' they should have made the championship game but got screwed bad by the refs in a game against O.P. Walker.

Varsity Bulldog nickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the rough nickdawg67's Avatar

I didn't realize Bastrop was the only school to get kids coming up from Katrina.

Let's see.......

Ruston, West Monroe, Neville, Grambling Lab, Ouachita Christian, St. Fred's, J-Hodge; all got some for sure and probably more schools that I failed to mention.

That year was an open harvest for coaches with all the talent coming up. It wasn't just one coach doing it!

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nickdawg67 View Post
    I didn't realize Bastrop was the only school to get kids coming up from Katrina.

Let's see.......

Ruston, West Monroe, Neville, Grambling Lab, Ouachita Christian, St. Fred's, J-Hodge; all got some for sure and probably more schools that I failed to mention.

That year was an open harvest for coaches with all the talent coming up. It wasn't just one coach doing it!

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7
    Didn't say it was, did I?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Well, I'm a stereotyper.
    So was I , sorta.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Dawgmatic, you better go brush your teeth and use some Scope with all that diarhea running out of your mouth about your alma mater.

She is entitled to her opinion, but she is the same classs as TECH alum cheering for lsu. If you don't have anything good to say, stay in the kitchen.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Can't wait until the playoffs.. My old HS is now 7-0 and the fewest points they have scored all year is 44. Franklinton is ranked 5th last week and hopefully I will be at the Franklinton - Salmen game Oct 30th. They have huge potential of going all the way this year.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Dawgmatic, you better go brush your teeth and use some Scope with all that diarhea running out of your mouth about your alma mater.

She is entitled to her opinion, but she is the same classs as TECH alum cheering for lsu. If you don't have anything good to say, stay in the kitchen.
    I can hear Chip Harris and Trey Snodgrass cheering in the background.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Alot of them go other places, but most end up back at Tech.
    Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Depends on the demographics really. Very much plays into stereotypes.
    Here, let me spin this for y'all so you can tiptoe around the issue without looking like you're tiptoeing around the issue. :icon_wink:

"A lot of RHS kids end up going to college LOCALLY."

Varsity Bulldog golfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the rough

FWIW, RHS Class of '78, La Tech Class of '82, Masters '86. Son is sophomore Mech Engineering student, both daughters at RHS with plans to attend Tech as well. Family full of Bearcats and Bulldogs!!!

You know what? You can go brush your teeth after you kiss my Red and Blue butt.

I'll say what I want to say, when I want to say it, and who I want to say it to. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the damn kitchen. Comparing my criticism of Bastrop HS to a Tech fan cheering for LSU is ridiculous. Haven't you ever criticized Tech football before? Nuff said.

And calling me scum in a red dot is real classy. Nice.
    Last edited by Dawgmatic; 10-19-2009 at 06:20 PM.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Don't say I didn't warn yall.

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Don't say I didn't warn yall.
    Whatever.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Now all the imported Katrina players are gone. Unless there is another hurricane, Bastrop will return to business as usual and that means mediocrity. And before you get all worked up, I'm from Bastrop and have friends there and went to Bastrop High. I'm just telling the truth.

This isn't criticism. This is a bullshit post. I stand by my statements and the red dots.

I'm glad you and your friends know it all. What are their names?

+ Reply to Thread