+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: KMSS opts for Cowboys over Saints

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Re: KMSS opts for Cowboys over Saints

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    No Benson finally got the hell out of the way. Jerry should take some notes.
    I've always liked JJ's passion for winning but I have come to the realization that he needs to put the next HC in charge of personnel. Before the salary cap, he was able to buy the top talent (like those Damn Yankees), but he's not been effective in putting a winning team together on a budget.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I did see where the Boys are having some family problems with Crayton getting pissed about not being told that Austin was starting over him. I guess I can understand that, but I thought it was implied after Austin did more in one game than you have done in your whole career.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Not sad at all. Geography. They aren't the Louisiana Saints, they are the New Orleans Saints. The Cowboys aren't the Texas Cowboys, they are the Dallas (err, Arlington) Cowboys. Shreveport is closer to Dallas than New Orleans in distance and culture. What's the problem?
    That is just stupid. Dallas is a city just like N.O. and they're not the Shreveport Cowboys either. DUMB!!!! Many of you Shreveporters are just wannabe Texans. Sad indeed!
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 10-21-2009 at 09:49 PM.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Super Bowls.
    History. Never again until Jones gives up the team my friend.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    History. Never again until Jones gives up the team my friend.
    Nah. The NFL is getting rid of the salary cap and Jones will just buy whoever he wants just like he used to.

Also Shanahan will be the head coach next year and that will help out a lot as well. Wade is not head coaching material.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by playdablues View Post
    Okay...I'm just trying to keep the conversation rooted in the present, which can sometimes be a chore when Dallas fans are involved
    That's fine, I'll buy that but if the Cowboys have been mediocre for so long then why are they so popular in S-Port which has been called a "bandwagon town" and a "what have you done for me lately" town numerous times in this thread, and in many other threads that have nothing to do with the Cowboys? The Cowboys are an average 8-8 type of team and have been for a while yet they are still more popular in S-Port. It doesn't work both ways. The Cowboys are probably going to get stomped by the Saints in a couple of weeks and there will probably still be showing the Cowboy games in Shreveport.

The reason they do this was explained by Inudesu earlier in the thread. The New Orleans Saints are exactly that, The NEW ORLEANS Saints. Not the S-Port Saints or Louisiana Saints. S-Port is not their market. S-Port is up for grabs. Just like Austin and San Antonio are up for grabs in Texas. I think it is more geographic than anything. It's a proximity thing.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

http://www.kmsstv.com/node/20426
    KMSS is allowing fans to vote for which game they want to see. Please don't over-vote like Iowa State

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    That's fine, I'll buy that but if the Cowboys have been mediocre for so long then why are they so popular in S-Port which has been called a "bandwagon town" and a "what have you done for me lately" town numerous times in this thread, and in many other threads that have nothing to do with the Cowboys? The Cowboys are an average 8-8 type of team and have been for a while yet they are still more popular in S-Port. It doesn't work both ways. The Cowboys are probably going to get stomped by the Saints in a couple of weeks and there will probably still be showing the Cowboy games in Shreveport.
    I don't have a clue why Shreveporters do what they do. But if I had to guess, I'd say the Cowboys are so popular due to geography, as you stated, and their rich history in the NFL. That transcends the X-amount of years with no playoff win. (Plus, that silver and blue is so pretty and shiny ) History can only get you so far, though. Who knows, in 20 years, Shreveport could be full of rabid Texan fans.

Dallas hasn't been an 8-8 type of team for a while, either. They've had 5 winning seasons out of the last 6, which is pretty good. They're probably around .500 overall since the last Super Bowl win, though.

For the record, I don't care what KMSS airs...I don't watch'em and don't even know if I could. They're doing what's best for business, so good for them.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post

The reason they do this was explained by Inudesu earlier in the thread. The New Orleans Saints are exactly that, The NEW ORLEANS Saints. Not the S-Port Saints or Louisiana Saints. S-Port is not their market. S-Port is up for grabs. Just like Austin and San Antonio are up for grabs in Texas. I think it is more geographic than anything. It's a proximity thing.
    I agree to an extent, but I also think it has a lot to do with the Boys being around and good before the Saints were even in existence. Now, I know that was a long time ago, but all of the older folks cheer for the Cowboys because they were their team growing up with no competition from teh Saints taht did not exist. They ahve passed their Cowboy love on to their younguns. It will be interesting to see if Shreveport becomes more pro-Saints over the next decade, especially if the Saints can put together a good run with Brees at the helm over the next few years.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

There is only a 7 year difference in the age of the team. I do agree that winning 5 super bowls helps.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    http://www.kmsstv.com/node/20426
    KMSS is allowing fans to vote for which game they want to see. Please don't over-vote like Iowa State
    Has anyone had problems voting? I registered and am logged in, but i cant find an option to vote? All i can see are the results

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    There is only a 7 year difference in the age of the team. I do agree that winning 5 super bowls helps.
    A pretty damn important 7 years, though. Dallas did a great job of marketing the team and being at the forefront of the AFL NFL merger in 1966.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    AMERICA'S TEAM

Just use channelsurfing.net or justin.tv or something if you want to watch the Saints.
    Not anymore. Not by a long shot.

Also Inudesu explained why someone would want to watch Cowboys reruns, Not why anyone would watch them now. The cowboys are actually my second favorite team but I get sick of hearing the fans talk about "well the Saints have never won a super bowl". Its been 15 years since the Cowboys have won a superbowl. Thats great. I wish the saints could say they won even one super bowl 30 years ago. Just don't try to drag that up as to why the Cowboys are better than the Saints NOW.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Not anymore. Not by a long shot.

Also Inudesu explained why someone would want to watch Cowboys reruns, Not why anyone would watch them now. The cowboys are actually my second favorite team but I get sick of hearing the fans talk about "well the Saints have never won a super bowl". Its been 15 years since the Cowboys have won a superbowl. Thats great. I wish the saints could say they won even one super bowl 30 years ago. Just don't try to drag that up as to why the Cowboys are better than the Saints NOW.
    I didn't think we were talking about which team was better. Their records so far can answer that one.

We're talking about why it makes sense for a Shreveport station to show a Cowboys game instead of a Saints game. All those years of the Cowboys being good (and close to Shreveport) add up to lots of Cowboys fans. And while the frontrunner credentials of Shreveport seem to be well established, you've got think that most of those people who watched the Cowboys for years and years are still Cowboys fans(although I'm sure the numbers of Saints fans are growing).

You Saints fans still wanted to watch the Saints when they weren't good, right? If a Shreveporter grew up liking the Cowboys, he probably still wants to watch them in 2009 even if they aren't looking like Superbowl contenders. The Super Bowls earned them a lot of those fans - that's why the SBs matter to the conversation.

Jerry Jones is trying to do a little marketing himself by saying the Cowboys rejected a huge trade deadline deal that involved Martellus Bennett????? The guy has good potential, but no way anyone gives up a premium pick for this guy. I just dont see it, not yet. Good job, Jerry, you are not as senile as I think you are. This has people talking for the good and the bad, which is all the same to Jerry.

+ Reply to Thread