+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints vs. Cowboys

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Re: Saints vs. Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    ..........Ahh but that's why they grasp elsewhere instead of looking within. They would rather be New Orleans North or Dallas East than develop their own identity.

Kind of hard to be for Shreveports NFL team. From what I have read from you they are bandwagoners for rooting for the boys and they are bandwagoners for rooting for the Saints. With such a low opinion I'm surprised you care. I think this whole deal proves that there have been a lot more Saints fans here for a long time but it's hard to make much noise when the cowboys are winning super bowls and the Saints were trading all their draft for Ricky Williams. Shreveport got this one right, give some credit where it is due.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Kind of hard to be for Shreveports NFL team. From what I have read from you they are bandwagoners for rooting for the boys and they are bandwagoners for rooting for the Saints. With such a low opinion I'm surprised you care. I think this whole deal proves that there have been a lot more Saints fans here for a long time but it's hard to make much noise when the cowboys are winning super bowls and the Saints were trading all their draft for Ricky Williams. Shreveport got this one right, give some credit where it is due.
    Pretty good summary.

Varsity Bulldog nickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the rough nickdawg67's Avatar

Falcons/Cowboys games get highest rating for Fox in 13 years!

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...ws-huge-rating-

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nickdawg67 View Post

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7
    I just hope everyone is watching when the Saints put that dumptruckin' on the Boys later in the season.

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Football Re: Saints vs. Cowboys

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7
    From the article:

The early, regional game — in which most markets saw the Super Bowl champ Steelers hand Brett Favre and the Vikings their first loss — set ratings and audience records for the slot with a 11.4/25 and 18.5 million viewers.

The late game, led by Atlanta-Dallas, earned a 16.8/32 with 28.4 million viewers. It was Fox’s most-watched Sunday NFL game in 13 years.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they talking about the two time slots, and not necessarily those two unique games, specifically?

Varsity Bulldog nickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the rough nickdawg67's Avatar

It is for that time slot, but the Dallas/Atlanta game was the national broadcast just like the Green Bay/Minnesota game will be this week. Most homes in the nation got the Dallas/Atlanta game unless you were in the Miami or New Orleans market (except for Shreveport).

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    I didn't think they were bandwagoners for liking either team. They are bandwagoners for switching from one to the other based upon who has the better record. In 5 years if the Cowboys are undefeated and more people want to watch them than the Saints are you going to say this proves there were more Cowboys fans all along it was just that it was hard to make much noise while Brees was leading the Saints to Superbowls??

And for the record my opinion is related to sports not S-Porters in general. Shreveport is a fine town full of fine people.

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7
    Didn't last long...behold the power of Favre and the cheeseheads.

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7
    Quote Originally Posted by playdablues View Post
    Didn't last long...behold the power of Favre and the cheeseheads.
    It looks like the Saints/Pats game on MNF may have surpassed both of the games in the previous posts to be the largest audience in Cable TV history:

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...er_when_s.html

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

I read it was watched by an unreal 84% of TV sets in the NO area which would be a record for any single metro area for any game INCLUDING Super Bowls. I wonder what a Saints Super Bowl would get for local ratings .... I wonder what two undefeated teams in the Super Bowl would do for ratings.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    I read it was watched by an unreal 84% of TV sets in the NO area which would be a record for any single metro area for any game INCLUDING Super Bowls. I wonder what a Saints Super Bowl would get for local ratings .... I wonder what two undefeated teams in the Super Bowl would do for ratings.
    Patriots-Saints 2nd most-watched cable telecast

BRISTOL, Conn. - The New Orleans Saints' win over the New England Patriots was the second-most-watched cable telecast of all time.

The Saints' 38-17 win to improve to 11-0 on "Monday Night Football" on ESPN was seen by 21.4 million viewers, second only to the 21.8 million for the Packers-Vikings game Oct. 5. The 15.0 rating was the second-highest in the network's 30-year history, also second to that Green Bay-Minnesota game, which earned a 15.3.
    The game earned a combined 66.7 rating in New Orleans between the broadcast on ESPN and the simulcast on the local NBC affiliate.
    Story continues below ↓

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Yeah TYLER the article I saw yesterday contradicted what you just posted but the numbers it cited seems so unreal as to not be possible. What you posted seems more realistic.

I am very worried about this game. This is due to the starting Saints DB's, nickel and OLB being injured and out like they have been for a number of weeks (it has shown big time). Missing these 4 starters has caused us to make the last couple of QB's we've faced look like NFL Pro Bowlers. Romo should have a good day against the Saints and the Saints D has not been that good against the run per M. Barbers strong running capabilities. That said, I know Brees and the offense can keep up and should out score Dallas' defense. If our defense was healthy I would predict a blowout in favor of the Saints. But not now. We shall see. Below is an interesting read which includes comments on the game.

link
    Rosenthal: Cowboys just aren’t that good

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I am very worried about this game. This is due to the starting Saints DB's, nickel and OLB being injured and out like they have been for a number of weeks (it has shown big time). Romo should have a good day against the Saints and the Saints D has not been that good against the run. That said, I know Brees and the offense can keep up and should out score Dallas' defense. We shall see. below is an interesting read which includes comments on the game.

link
    Rosenthal: Cowboys just aren’t that good
    Wow, the Boys schedule is brutal down the stretch. It is almost like the NFL wants them to do bad down the stretch. But really, the Cowboys just cant make the big plays to beat the good teams the last few years. I am betting on seeing a shootout on Saturday, and I hope the Saints can muster up another win.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I didn't think they were bandwagoners for liking either team. They are bandwagoners for switching from one to the other based upon who has the better record. In 5 years if the Cowboys are undefeated and more people want to watch them than the Saints are you going to say this proves there were more Cowboys fans all along it was just that it was hard to make much noise while Brees was leading the Saints to Superbowls??

And for the record my opinion is related to sports not S-Porters in general. Shreveport is a fine town full of fine people.

But dog, they are not switching teams. The town is split. The cowboy fans are just quiet now because they are not playing well and they have been owned by the Saints in recent years. That was my point, there are a lot of Saints fans here and they have been here all along. They are not switching from the cowboys now so they are not bandwaggoners as you have suggested.

+ Reply to Thread