Quote Originally Posted by Cass582 View Post
well "Goliath" has not been himself since about 2000 and "Goliath" did not even make the playoffs last year. If the other owners would get out and spend some of the luxury tax money the Yankees pay them they could get some of the free agents but they would rather pocket it. Not the Yankees fault that they can do whatever it takes to win.
There, I fixed it for you. There is no "will" do. Whatever the Royals do, they cannot spend 200MM on payroll, it is just impossible for them. Half that amount is probably impossible, one fourth maybe. Sure, the Marling can scrap up enough young talent to make a run once every decade, but then what happens? The big market teams sign them away. I am telling you, the small markets are farm systems for the big markets, so maybe that luxury tax is just their part they need to pay to develop that talent they are going to sign away at some point.

It is like this horse crap you always hear about the Yankees keeping Jeter and Cano and how great that is. Seriously? The Yankees get to cherry pick the prospects they want to keep and throw away those they dont want, many teams dont have that luxury. They have to try to develop all of their talent. I am supposed to be impressed that the Yankess can develop 3 or 4 guys then have the money to keep them and pay A-Rod and others 15 to 25MM a year. Hell, I could be GM of that team.