+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2009 Baseball World Series

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: 2009 Baseball World Series

Quote Originally Posted by Cass582 View Post
    well "Goliath" has not been himself since about 2000 and "Goliath" did not even make the playoffs last year. If the other owners would get out and spend some of the luxury tax money the Yankees pay them they could get some of the free agents but they would rather pocket it. Not the Yankees fault that they can do whatever it takes to win.
    There, I fixed it for you. There is no "will" do. Whatever the Royals do, they cannot spend 200MM on payroll, it is just impossible for them. Half that amount is probably impossible, one fourth maybe. Sure, the Marling can scrap up enough young talent to make a run once every decade, but then what happens? The big market teams sign them away. I am telling you, the small markets are farm systems for the big markets, so maybe that luxury tax is just their part they need to pay to develop that talent they are going to sign away at some point.

It is like this horse crap you always hear about the Yankees keeping Jeter and Cano and how great that is. Seriously? The Yankees get to cherry pick the prospects they want to keep and throw away those they dont want, many teams dont have that luxury. They have to try to develop all of their talent. I am supposed to be impressed that the Yankess can develop 3 or 4 guys then have the money to keep them and pay A-Rod and others 15 to 25MM a year. Hell, I could be GM of that team.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Apparently that money buys you Gold Gloves, too. Jeter gets a GG? I understand his fielding percentage was high, but his range is brutal. I guess Aybar only played in 137 games, but that guy had just a slightly lower fielding percentage, but his range is much better than Jeter's.

Champ Cass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really nice

Must be a conspiracy. The Yankees are PAYING EVERYONE heck I just got my check in the mail to keep me a fan.

Must be a conspiracy. The Yankees are PAYING EVERYONE heck I just got my check in the mail to keep me a fan.
    Cass, seriously, Jeter never had great range and now he is mid thirties. Be objective, it is a crock.

Champ Cass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really nice

he is a VERY good ball player, Gold Glove I dont know becasue I only watch highlights of other games I only watch Yankee games. GG or not though I cant think of another SS I would rather have. except A ROD and hes at 3rd

he is a VERY good ball player, Gold Glove I dont know becasue I only watch highlights of other games I only watch Yankee games. GG or not though I cant think of another SS I would rather have. except A ROD and hes at 3rd

Well, of course. Jeter is actually one of my favorite players. The man is clutch and every time you think he will fade, he has a great year (this year might have been his best offensive year). The guy gets it done and plays ball the way it is supposed to be played IMO.

ARod is big douche, but he got it done this postseason, I will give him that. And (roids or not) still one of the best ever.

Jeter is a better SS (in the field) But AROD is a better hitter.

Just glad we have both of them.

It was. ESPN said it had VERY high ratings.

Sounds GOOD for baseball
    I agree that the Yankees will always give good short-term boosts to baseball because of all of the Yankee homers around the nation and the sheer population of the NY area, but I am thinking of baseball long-term. What can baseball do in the long-term? The Yankees and Red Sox and two LA teams in the playoffs every year is boring. Of course, you get the 1 or 2 WC teams that rotate in every year, but it takes some major ineptness (mets this year and Yanks last year) for those teams to fall. How does the league get to better parity? I think that is better for the game (NFL has shown that, everyone loves their team although there are some crap teams this year). There are probably 8 to 10 teams every year int he MLB that no one gives a rat's ass about, that cant be good for baseball.

+ Reply to Thread