+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Weather Event Heading Our Way -

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Weather Event Heading Our Way -

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Man -- that is effed up, right there.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I heard the dude in the car is in stable condition.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    I heard the dude in the car is in stable condition.
    I guess church steeples might carry miracles with them. :icon_wink:

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

That looks like the base to the steeple. Where did the rest of it land?

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

All of Ruston is out of power (Except for Tech). Heard that the main feeder is out and they'll be working all day to get it up and running again.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Rain, Rain, go away;
    Come again another day.

Varsity Bulldog dmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the rough

I was surprised when classes weren't canceled today. Does anyone know the reason? Most students live off campus and haven't had electricity all day. At UConn if it snowed more than a few inches we had classes canceled but it rains 10 inches and there is no power all over town and DR can't call off school for a day? What gives?

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dmcguirt23 View Post
    I was surprised when classes weren't canceled today. Does anyone know the reason? Most students live off campus and haven't had electricity all day. At UConn if it snowed more than a few inches we had classes canceled but it rains 10 inches and there is no power all over town and DR can't call off school for a day? What gives?
    You mean that you don't want to go obtain that higher education that you're paying for. :icon_wink:

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

That man will NEVER call off class. Not even during the bad ice storm a few years ago. I swear the school could be on fire and he would give out those special jackets *Flame something???

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    That man will NEVER call off class. Not even during the bad ice storm a few years ago. I swear the school could be on fire and he would give out those special jackets *Flame something???
    I heard a rumor years ago that a student broke his neck sliding down a hill while his class was canceled on a snow day. His family sued Tech, and won because class was not in that day, and he would have been in class had it not been canceled. Ever since then, no cancellations. Sounds fishy, but that's the story I heard.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by splicer View Post
    I heard a rumor years ago that a student broke his neck sliding down a hill while his class was canceled on a snow day. His family sued Tech, and won because class was not in that day, and he would have been in class had it not been canceled. Ever since then, no cancellations. Sounds fishy, but that's the story I heard.
    It seems to me the liability would be greater to have a weather situation and not cancel class.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by splicer View Post

The event I remember around 87 or 88 was sliding on a sled being pulled by a truck doing doughnuts in the Aillet Stadium/TAC parking lot.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

I have to tell this story. Being Halloween weekend of course every Greek at Tech packed out San Miguel's in costume tonight. I parked my roommate's truck at my buddy's apartment behind Sweet Pea's and rode over to the bar from there with some friends. After I left the bar early to get the truck from the apartment, my other roommate and myself were pulling out when I spun out, hydroplaned and ran into a DEEP ditch on the right side of Sweet Pea's if you're facing it. Cops show up moments after I hydroplane, my license is lost (maybe in the ditch or somewhere in the truck? still haven't found it.), no DUI, no ticket, they let me handle it with AAA after I convince them they have more important calls to handle in this kind of weather. The wrecker comes, pulls me out, and now I'm home and my roommate knows no different. his truck is fine and the mud from being stuck in the ditch is gone from the ride home. Hallelujah.
    It is truly a small world...I live next door to your buddy and talked to you last night when I got back from San Miguel's. Good job on getting the truck home without the roommate ever knowing what happened.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    The event I remember around 87 or 88 was sliding on a sled being pulled by a truck doing doughnuts in the Aillet Stadium/TAC parking lot.
    Yep, was the winter of 87/88 (first year at Tech). Storm hit on a Tuesday I think, and they cancelled classes Tuesday/Wednesday. Very fun memories of cleaning out the cafeteria of trays and using them as sleds down the hill between the Natatorium and Mitchell. Techsters even had a game that night. Had a rough time getting down the TAC stairs after the game.

I had a couple of classes I think with the guy that got hurt.

+ Reply to Thread