+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saints vs Falcons

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Re: Saints vs Falcons

The Saints last two games have been B- games (well, that second half vs. Miami was better than B-) .... They have GOT to cut down on the turnovers. I remember that 0-4 stretch when Brees threw 11 interceptions to 1 TD a few seasons back. They are making less mistakes than then but they are still making them. How many teams win games where they have 4 turnovers? Granted I realize that the helmet-to-helmet rule should have wiped out one (and a TD for that matter) but the fact is that the Saints have put the ball on the ground or in the other teams hands in spurts that haven't killed them yet.

The D has bailed them out with their aggressive takeaways thus far. If the turnovers line up with a lack of takeaways one week, even against a weak opponent, it could spell a loss. I don't think they will go undefeated simply because one week I expect my two IF's here to line up.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    All you need is homefield in the playoffs. Any record over that is just gravy.
    Yep! and to be healthy, or getting healthy, and peaking at the start of the playoffs. Look at Arizona last year! talk about hitting stride at the right time. Best thing for any "elite" team, i.e. one with a lofty record, is to "slump" around week 11 or 12, and then start building momentum again thru weeks 15 and 16 heading toward the playoffs.

BTW, the Cardinals have the sharpest helmet of any football team, Pop Warner, high school, college or the pros! And the Saints' helmet is in the Top 5. So, it's our turn to have that special year!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

ya see, a nice looking, ahem! helmet....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

As a lifelong Saints fan, I refuse to get too carried away -

If we are still playing in later January I will begin to allow myself to get more excited...

All it takes is one more blitz like the one that hit Brees in the first quarter and the season could be over in a blink of the eye -

But it is hard not to think about what COULD HAPPEN if they continue to play like they are playing :icon_wink:
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Thinking about what could happen is what gets sports fans along 99.99% of the time!

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Cowboys will beat the Saints......

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

The Saints have looked a little shaky the last couple of weeks, but ended up winning both games. That is the difference. Saints of last year or two years ago are 4-3 or 3-4 right now because Brees had to do the heavy lifting if we were going to win. This year, running game and D has stood up to win a few for us.

Hard to call any game in the NFL right now. I know one thing, I am beginning to understand the importance of the Bye week. If you would have asked me about the Boys Saints game after the Chiefs game, i would have told you that the Saints would dumptruck them. However, the Boys got some stuff figured out over the Bye week, and they have looked good the last two weeks. Who knows come December, though. I could see the game going either way, I am just glad it is in the Dome because that is a huge positive for the Saints.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post

Gonna be a fun game, they may be due to beat the saints, its been kinda one sided lately. cant wait to be in that number for that one.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

If we are still playing in later January I will begin to allow myself to get more excited...

All it takes is one more blitz like the one that hit Brees in the first quarter and the season could be over in a blink of the eye -

But it is hard not to think about what COULD HAPPEN if they continue to play like they are playing :icon_wink:
    I thought that may have been helmet-to-helmet.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

If the Saints pull another Aints and collapse, you can call on your vast experience as a lifelong Cubs' fan and say:

Wait til next year!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Yep...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I think they are going 15-1. And the loss will not be to the Cowboys but to Mr. Tom Brady.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

How bout them Cowboys!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

How bout them Cowboys!

Lookin good. Miles Austin stepping up has completely changed the offense.

+ Reply to Thread