+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shreveport Eating Places

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Re: Shreveport Eating Places

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Yeah, the food wasn't so great, but it's a neat little place to go. Don't forget some sort of weapon to use on the thugs that may jump you in that part of town.
    I went in the daytime.

However, I was still "leveraged" just in case.
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Thread needs more west Shreveport. Wish Smith's were still...Smith's. Snooty lakeside dining. Holla at me.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    Thread needs more west Shreveport. Wish Smith's were still...Smith's. Snooty lakeside dining. Holla at me.
    Is Smith's still.....well, Smith's?
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    Is Smith's still.....well, Smith's?
    Don't think so.

Don't think so.
    Used to be a great place to eat. What is there now?

Varsity Bulldog hachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her game hachiman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    Used to be a great place to eat. What is there now?
    It is now Jayne Marie's and it has def gone down hill since the new ownership came in. bdub, didn't you have a pretty crappy experience there?

What about that new place over on youree kind of across from yeero yeero, anyone eaten there?

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by hachiman View Post
    It is now Jayne Marie's and it has def gone down hill since the new ownership came in. bdub, didn't you have a pretty crappy experience there?

What about that new place over on youree kind of across from yeero yeero, anyone eaten there?

The Broadmoor. Good stuff. That building has never really had a successful business inside but I think they've found a pretty good one now. Good home cooking style menu.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Yeah, the food wasn't so great, but it's a neat little place to go. Don't forget some sort of weapon to use on the thugs that may jump you in that part of town.

The owner was murdered in that place. It's OK during the day though.

Albasha is great Ross.
    Everyone knows Superior and it's great but for everyday mexican I love Nicky's on Viking drive. The food is always fresh and well prepared.
    I haven't had Smitty's Pizza, they have some great commercials on the radio.
    You are right about the seafood, Shanes is OK.
    I hear that the Southfield Cafe is really good.
    There is a another new restaurant where Clancey's used to be, haven't been.

Varsity Bulldog hachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her game hachiman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by solo1001 View Post
    The Broadmoor. Good stuff. That building has never really had a successful business inside but I think they've found a pretty good one now. Good home cooking style menu.
    Thanks, I'm gonna have to check that out.

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by hachiman View Post

worst experience I have ever had was at Jayne marie's

had 12 people with us and 4 people got their food, then about 15 minutes later another 4, and then another 3. One girl didnt get her food until everyone else was done eating. The manager was clueless and didnt even offer the girl her meal for free. I think we where there for almost 3 hours. I'll never go there again.

Did someone just push Nickys? Like, meal already made they just heat it up, you get to enjoy your chips for 2 minutes before they serve, we have 20 locations and they all suck Nickys?

At least give me some Trejos.

the original El Jarrito in Ruston trumps any place in Shreveport though

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Went to Smith's after graduation in 2004, it was awesome. Sad to hear it has gone to sh*t.

Like Albasha, Yeero Yeero, sad when Cool Beans shut down (only burrito place to my knowledge), thought Cantina Laredo was okay, and I love me some Shogun's (better than all hibachi grills I have been to).

Also, Crab and Brie dip from Maxwell's is one of my favorite foods of all-time. If you have never tried it, get it and some neva betta crackers at Maxwell's. You cant beat it.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Did someone just push Nickys? Like, meal already made they just heat it up, you get to enjoy your chips for 2 minutes before they serve, we have 20 locations and they all suck Nickys?

At least give me some Trejos.

the original El Jarrito in Ruston trumps any place in Shreveport though

I don't know what Nicky's you are eating at but the one on Viking Dr. in Bossier as I just said makes all their food fresh. They even have a lady making flower tortillas right there in the dining room. Trejos depends on which one you eat at. There is a new one is Benton and we ate there after Homecoming. It sucked. The food tasted like paste. Now back to Nickys, they may have licensed out their name too much and not maintained the quality at some of those locations. However Johnny Sufuentes (spelling) manages the one on Viking Dr. His Dad was one of the original owners. I'm telling you it is top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    I don't know what Nicky's you are eating at but the one on Viking Dr. in Bossier as I just said makes all their food fresh. They even have a lady making flower tortillas right there in the dining room. Trejos depends on which one you eat at. There is a new one is Benton and we ate there after Homecoming. It sucked. The food tasted like paste. Now back to Nickys, they may have licensed out their name too much and not maintained the quality at some of those locations. However Johnny Sufuentes (spelling) manages the one on Viking Dr. His Dad was one of the original owners. I'm telling you it is top notch.
    Never eaten at that one. I'll give it a look.

Never eaten at that one. I'll give it a look.

Cool, now you have me eager to try that place in Ruston. Trust me my wife and I love mexican food.

+ Reply to Thread