+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: #37???

Puppy jbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nice

Re: #37???

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    He didn't look any worse than Deon Young last year and Deon is now probably our top corner.

He might be our best corner, but he has not been too stellar this year. Beat deep too many times, receivers run a hook route and he's still running down field. Not stellar at all this year.

Guest BS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

All I remember is seeing him get burnt and miss tackles.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

He did get burned for a big TD and Boise was picking on him all night. But, he was our leading tackler with 10, he made several big hits, and he is a true freshman who was probably not prepared whatsoever for coverage due to being on the scout team. Overall, I was pleased with how he competed, considering the circumstances.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbizza View Post
    I disagree with each and every one of you when it comes to Broades. So what if he can he hit, coverage wise he is absolutely bad. Let me give you examples. Every db will get beat in their lifetime, but when don't even try to run with the guy you're covering who ends up 20 yards beyond you for a TD, that's pretty bad. When a ball is thrown you're supposed to break on the ball immediately. He doesn't break until the catch is made. That's too late. If you watch the TD saving deflection by Tank in the 4th quarter, Broades was also on the help. If he doesn't stop running he has an interception. I think he would be better as a LB, but as a DB I'm not sold on him. In my opinion he played horrible last night.
    Hey I said his coverage needed work, so technically you aren't disagreeing with each and every one of us.

I hope some "come to Jesus" time in the film room will help him correct his coverage mistakes.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

He might be our best corner, but he has not been too stellar this year. Beat deep too many times, receivers run a hook route and he's still running down field. Not stellar at all this year.
    Deon is playing hurt. If we had a couple of CB's available Deon would have sat out.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Broades is a true freshamn, played his first collegiate game against a top 10 team, and he/we will be better for it come next year. Thanks for your effort, CJ!!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    Broades is a true freshamn, played his first collegiate game against a top 10 team, and he/we will be better for it come next year. Thanks for your effort, CJ!!
    Yep. You gotta start somewhere.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Let's cut the kids some slack. He was planning to RS until two weeks ago and this is his first action on Defense as a true FR against the #5 team in the nation against one of the best college offenses. He had 10 tackles in his first game as a true FR! He was asked to do alot and gave up a couple of big plays but he played well considering this was his first action and he played the entire game back there!

Puppy jbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nicejbizza is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by TechDAG View Post
    Deon is playing hurt. If we had a couple of CB's available Deon would have sat out.

Even before he got hurt his play hasn't been stellar.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Boise runs a pretty complex passing offense and I'm sure they saw an opportunity to pick on CJ. Let him work with the D this week instead of the scout team and I'm sure he'll improve.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    Let's cut the kids some slack. He was planning to RS until two weeks ago and this is his first action on Defense as a true FR against the #5 team in the nation against one of the best college offenses. He had 10 tackles in his first game as a true FR! He was asked to do alot and gave up a couple of big plays but he played well considering this was his first action and he played the entire game back there!
    Exactly.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Even before he got hurt his play hasn't been stellar.
    He's been playing hurt for quite a while as have many of the dawgs. He is a safety playing corner because we need him to. He has been solid and his INTs have been a big part of the games we won. If you are trying to say he isn't the second coming of Deon, you are right. But he has been solid for us and allowed Tank to be on the field.

Maybe my diabetes has lowered my whiney/picky/carping/bs tolerance level and I should allow you to post without comment. Lord knows, your opinion is widely respected.

Quote Originally Posted by TechDAG View Post
    He's been playing hurt for quite a while as have many of the dawgs. He is a safety playing corner because we need him to. He has been solid and his INTs have been a big part of the games we won. If you are trying to say he isn't the second coming of Deon, you are right. But he has been solid for us and allowed Tank to be on the field.

Maybe my diabetes has lowered my whiney/picky/carping/bs tolerance level and I should allow you to post without comment. Lord knows, your opinion is widely respected.

I know why we needed him at corner, and I agree that that move had to be made, but if you have seen every game, in person or on tv, and in my opinion, he hasn't played to his potential. He has 3 picks, that's good, but remember 2 came against Nicholls, a team we are suppose to beat. Yes he is the best corner we have, hands down without a doubt, but he hasn't done the job that's been needed of him.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly think Vic has begun to show he's our best corner. Josh is sort of a gambler, but he makes great breaks on the ball.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I honestly think Vic has begun to show he's our best corner. Josh is sort of a gambler, but he makes great breaks on the ball.
    Wow.... that's where we completely disagree. A solid back-up, but that's it.

The pick 6 was ALL BOOO... I think that he had at least 4 penalties on him in the Udaho game. Needs to work on the open field tackling.

+ Reply to Thread