+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8-0!!!!

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Re: 8-0!!!!

Stop the run and quit turning the ball over and the saints will be fine. No gimme games in the nfl but it would be nice for the saints to flex some muscle again and clean up some mistakes before New England. With that being said 8 and freaking 0.

BTW nice win for the cowboys yesterday..only adds fuel to the fire :icon_wink:.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Another thing I would like to see New Orleans do is end the game on offense. We had a chance to in yesterday's game and didnt get it done. We had to punt to Carolina and a great punt with a Williams fumble sealed the game. However, if we could have just gotten a first down before that punt, we kneel out the clock nearly.

That is what Indy and the Pats have done well over the last decade. If there is 3 minutes to go and the other team has 3 timeouts, they come out running their normal offense. We came out yesterday and did run, run, pass and didnt gain a yard and had to punt. We can get away with that with the Panthers because Delhomme is not that qb to lead them down the field anymore. However, if we are up by 3 on the Pats with 3 minutes to go, you have to try to win it on O. You cant give them the ball back in that situation.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Another thing I would like to see New Orleans do is end the game on offense. We had a chance to in yesterday's game and didnt get it done. We had to punt to Carolina and a great punt with a Williams fumble sealed the game. However, if we could have just gotten a first down before that punt, we kneel out the clock nearly.

That is what Indy and the Pats have done well over the last decade. If there is 3 minutes to go and the other team has 3 timeouts, they come out running their normal offense. We came out yesterday and did run, run, pass and didnt gain a yard and had to punt. We can get away with that with the Panthers because Delhomme is not that qb to lead them down the field anymore. However, if we are up by 3 on the Pats with 3 minutes to go, you have to try to win it on O. You cant give them the ball back in that situation.

They have pretty much ended games all year except yesterday and to be honest i wasnt bothered with them throwing it on that play.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    They have pretty much ended games all year except yesterday and to be honest i wasnt bothered with them throwing it on that play.
    I wanted them to throw it on that play. I just think they should have run normal offense. Like throwing on first down, when the Panthers brought the house to stop the run. You have to get first downs to end the game. You dont give the ball back to the other team's O. Sure, our D came up big against a bad Panthers offense, but I dont want to take that chance against the Pats or a team with a good QB.

Not to mention, the damned fumble at the end of the Falcons game, which allowed the Falcons to have a last second hail mary.

We squashed people the first 5 games, so I agree we ended those games well. The last few games have been close with the D making huge plays to put the game on ice, but 2 of those games were against extreme run first teams with mediocre QBs (Panthers and Dolphins).

Take yesterday's game if we are playing the Pats, it is 23-20 with 3 minutes left and the Pat's have 3 timeouts. Do you run, run, pass, or do you go out there and actually run your normal offense and try to get first downs? Maybe we were playing to the situation because we believed our D could hold the Panthers, but I say you go for the throat and come out and run normal O. I throw on first down in that situation because you know they are selling out to the run.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

8 and 0!!! I'll take them however I can get them. How sweet it is!!!

As stated before, I still have the Saints going 13-3, losing to the Falcons in Atlanta, New England on Monday night and one (I can't believe they got beat game, but wait, it's the Saints) to the Tampa Bay Bucs. Why that game you ask, because it's the one Saints game I will be going to this year.

After that, it's all the way to the Super Bowl with a win over Peyton and the Colts.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

We'll be 9-0 after this Sunday.

+ Reply to Thread