+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UNO may drop to Div III

Varsity Bulldog Mad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the rough Mad Italian's Avatar

UNO may drop to Div III

Story in the Times-Pic today:

http://www.nola.com/uno/index.ssf/20...g_athleti.html

Really not unexpected given finances and lack of student involvement.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: UNO may drop to Div III

they can be buddies with Centenary

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Wow, that stinks...also they just got done spending money on a new baseball scoreboard by Capturion.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Wow, that stinks...also they just got done spending money on a new baseball scoreboard by Capturion.

They will be the kings of DIII with that scoreboard.

Seriously, it is time for a lot of our D1 schools to drop down in divisions. Tulane next? Then ulm? Northwestern? This may all happen without the state government having to make the decision. It will save a lot of politician's jobs for it to happen naturally. :icon_wink:

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    They will be the kings of DIII with that scoreboard.

Seriously, it is time for a lot of our D1 schools to drop down in divisions. Tulane next? Then ulm? Northwestern? This may all happen without the state government having to make the decision. It will save a lot of politician's jobs for it to happen naturally. :icon_wink:
    Northwestern St. knows their niche and its 1-AA in football and the SLC D-1 in all other sports...

Their Stoker firing and BDP hiring isn't looking too smooth right now, but they are fairly competitive in most all other sports (baseball, basketballs, track etc)

I think they are in the right place -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

DFM, what are your thoughts on ULM's future in D1 sports?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    DFM, what are your thoughts on ULM's future in D1 sports?
    I don't think they are going anywhere - in my book they are the equivalent of Grambling East - the politicos will keep them open NO MATTER the cost and no matter how screwed up things are over there...

So I don't worry about it and that's why I'm convinced we should play them in every sport and beat they ever-loving snot out of them every chance we get so there is NO DOUBT where their actual standing is in regards to athletics....

Believe me - if we played them consistently in football and dismantled them as we should they wouldn't be as "uppity" right now as they are....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really nice

I think we should play them too.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

(Re: UNO) Why drop all the way from DI-FBS to DIII. Why not go FCS or DII?

I think nlulm would be better off back in FCS. I see no reason for them to drop lower than FCS, but it is pretty much impossible for a state school that small (especially one competing for fans and support among its own students/alumni with a titan like lsu) to make a splash in FBS. If they could somehow triple their enrollment, then maybe it could work out for them.

IMO, New Orleans is kind of its own universe, so it really makes little impact on the state what Tulane does now that UNO is dropping down. ULL is big enough to at least keep the doors open on an FBS program. Tech has decent alumni support and has just enough success on the field to have a foundation on which to grow. nlulm over-extended themselves, as evidenced by the fact that they haven't been able to do anything with their move to FBS. I think being a top tier FCS school was at least as good for them "window to the university"-wise as being a bottom-feeder FBS school has been.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cass582 View Post
    I think we should play them too.
    If they drop to FCS, then we should play them often. Until then, we don't need to be tying up our returnable home slots with a game that does next to nothing to build our program.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I guess this means that Tulane will probably double their attendance at games to about 6000.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

UNO doesn't have a football program, so Tulane won't gain anything from that. Where did you see that Tulane had 3000 fans? That would be the doubled amount right there. :icon_wink:

As for nlu, I have been a diehard against playing them. I might give in a little, if we PAY them to play us on our field every few years. Rotate them through just like we do the FCS programs. No return game. That will not help their attendance figures and we can blast them from time to time to make all you old timers feel better.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

UNO likely dropping down division

“Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

From NewOrleans.com:

"My son was one of these kids to have schloarship papers pulled today. We had a signing day party planned. I can't even begin to express our disappointment. I have called Mr Ryan to get an explanation but have yet to receive a call back. We had 4 relatives from out of town who were flying in. Is Mr. Ryan going to compensate my family members for travel expenses after pulling this at the last minute. My son decided on UNO over Southeastern, LA Tech, ULL, and several junior colleges. Those schools now don't have any room for my son. What can we do Tim Ryan...... "

+ Reply to Thread