+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UNO may drop to Div III

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: UNO may drop to Div III

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72 View Post
    From NewOrleans.com:

"My son was one of these kids to have schloarship papers pulled today. We had a signing day party planned. I can't even begin to express our disappointment. I have called Mr Ryan to get an explanation but have yet to receive a call back. We had 4 relatives from out of town who were flying in. Is Mr. Ryan going to compensate my family members for travel expenses after pulling this at the last minute. My son decided on UNO over Southeastern, LA Tech, ULL, and several junior colleges. Those schools now don't have any room for my son. What can we do Tim Ryan...... "
    nm

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    As for nlu, I have been a diehard against playing them. I might give in a little, if we PAY them to play us on our field every few years. Rotate them through just like we do the FCS programs. No return game. That will not help their attendance figures and we can blast them from time to time to make all you old timers feel better.
    I'm one of those old timers and I do not want to play them, not even in Ruston.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Same for this old timer.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

As for nlu, I have been a diehard against playing them. I might give in a little, if we PAY them to play us on our field every few years. Rotate them through just like we do the FCS programs. No return game. That will not help their attendance figures and we can blast them from time to time to make all you old timers feel better.

I am for playing them......but the series MUST start in Ruston, LA.

Ul-m will not do this....they think we should play in Monroe first. Hogwash.

As for their Coach and AD's comments about playing us anytime....Dooley called the bluff and you have not heard another word from their administration about playing us.

And I concur with DFM - we should beat them down as bad as possible every year. There is only 1 year since 2000 that UL-m would have had a chance against us - it was about 3 years ago. At that time UL-m had the best O-line in the state....no doubt about that....even lsu fans recognized ul-m's line as the best in the state that year.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear some others against it. The days are gone and I am all for ignoring them. My statement was giving an inch to it, but stating we could play them every few years at the Joe. Pay them like we would a FCS program and like lsu rotates us through. I am not FOR playing them, though. The further we remove ourselves from them the better.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I spent the entire day at ulm yesterday. Not much one can say in the positive. Oh, I'm sure they have some very bright students, some good faculty, some good programs...all of that. But, it reeks! Ugly, ugly campus....no character.

And, what is VERY funny is how they measure themselves against Tech. Heard yesterday, during a luncheon, hey, Techie, will Tech win another football game this year. The injuns [Warhawks] have a winning season, we're going to a bowl. On and on....In other words, like others with a bad case of envy, they fixate on trying to measure themselves against their idols.

Another thing, their silly students are the worst jaywalkers I've ever seen. Big mistake to be decked out in ulm garb and step in front of a crazy Dawg80 driving....I think they are so depressed being stuck at the juco that their subconscience is trying to put them out of their misery .

Oh, not to worry. I also managed to avoid running over a possum crossing Hwy 34 last night too.

Champ Cass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really nice

Thats sounds like a good idea. Replace those FCS games with ULM (with no return visit to ULM)

Varsity Bulldog DustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to all

Glad to hear some others against it. The days are gone and I am all for ignoring them. My statement was giving an inch to it, but stating we could play them every few years at the Joe. Pay them like we would a FCS program and like lsu rotates us through. I am not FOR playing them, though. The further we remove ourselves from them the better.
    On the mark, Champ.

Without the period in the 80's when a Tech coach took the Tech system and began turning some Tech level recruits to Monroe, we are not even having this conversation. Games with Northeast did not matter before that time and they have not mattered since then. Let's move on...
    Last edited by DustyDog; 11-12-2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: spelling

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Count me in on not playing them either. In my eyes, it just gives them credibility. Ignore them and eventually they will go away...

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cass582 View Post
    Thats sounds like a good idea. Replace those FCS games with ULM (with no return visit to ULM)
    Most of us would take that in a heartbeat. Most of us would rather play nlulm than an FCS, but don't want to give up the home slot for a return game. nlulm will have none of it.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Most of us would take that in a heartbeat. Most of us would rather play nlulm than an FCS, but don't want to give up the home slot for a return game. nlulm will have none of it.
    Then that is their funeral. That is just where they are in life and we need to keep them there.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Then that is their funeral. That is just where they are in life and we need to keep them there.
    I disagree - they aren't going anywhere, the politicans will make sure of that (and if you doubt that look at GSU and how they are kept afloat)...

If you truly want to bury them, put them in their and make them irrelevant you beat them in every sport as often as possible - in Ruston and in MONROE - you leave NO DOUBT who is the only true D-1 choice in North LA to local and regional athletes

Folks they ARE NOT going away
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I disagree - they aren't going anywhere, the politicans will make sure of that (and if you doubt that look at GSU and how they are kept afloat)...

If you truly want to bury them, put them in their and make them irrelevant you beat them in every sport as often as possible - in Ruston and in MONROE - you leave NO DOUBT who is the only true D-1 choice in North LA to local and regional athletes

Folks they ARE NOT going away
    You use Grambling as an example and, if that is the case, I am fine with not playing them.

Yes, they will probably stay afloat, but will not get buts in the seats because they are playing us and will not be considered on the same level as us. That is the separation that is needed. It is time we flexed our muscles and grow up. ulm is beneath us and they know it. They can talk smack all day and people are laughing. We have nothing to prove by playing them. The only people that are for it are those that are living in the past. They play us at Tech and we get a decent crowd for a smack down of them. We play at their place and bring a decent crowd and none of them show up. It isn't worth it. Just let it go. Let ulm find their own way for once, instead of our coat tails.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

They are the CopyHawks. Be on the look-out. They will try to use politics to get a jumbotron at the taxpayers expense very soon.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Gary -

Our dodging them and using the ELITE excuse is giving these losers more RUN and BRAVDO than anything else we could do

They ain't going away - rip their hearts out on the fields of play and thier fans will quickly fade into the shadows from whence they came
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread