+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Big Cat

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Big Cat

Check this out! ?Almost unbelievable to imagine this cat was wondering around North Louisiana.
    Here is a photo of a cougar killed 5 miles west ofCotton Valley. The guy who shot it is 6 foot tall and weighs about 220 lbs. He was in a deer stand and saw the cat pass him downwind. He then saw it pass him upwind. When the cat passed him again (closer this time) downwind, he knew that it was hunting him. So, boom. After viewing this do you feel safe in the woods?

I tried to copy and paste the picture from an e-mail. Anybody heard about this? I'll try again on the picture.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Re: Big Cat

can't view?
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    can't view?
    I don't know how to copy and paste the picture. Send me your email address and I'll forward the email to you.
    Last edited by DONW; 11-17-2009 at 10:03 PM.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

We used to have one (maybe more) on our property in South Bossier Parish but they (LDWF) may have shot it last year http://www.ksla.com/global/story.asp?s=9437195
    It had several marking trees on the property (loked like deer rubs only 6-7 foot high on the trees) and one of the guys that hunted there shot a deer one time and tracked it into a sandybottom canebreak. He was using a headlamp to track the deer tracks/blood trail and saw that the cat had also tracked his deer. He decided to back out and we went and looked for it in the AM. Sure enough, the big cat tracks followed the deer tracks into the cane and we left it alone. It sure made walking into and out of the woods with a small flashlight before light or after dark more interesting.
    To this day I always turn around from time to time and scan behind me for eyes in the dark while on the way to the stand or flooded timber . If you research mountain lion attack survivors they all have three things in common: 1) They were always attacked from behind and 2) None of the victims ever heard them coming 3) Those cats seriously messed them up
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

We used to have one (maybe more) on our property in South Bossier Parish but they (LDWF) may have shot it last year http://www.ksla.com/global/story.asp?s=9437195
    It had several marking trees on the property (loked like deer rubs only 6-7 foot high on the trees) and one of the guys that hunted there shot a deer one time and tracked it into a sandybottom canebreak. He was using a headlamp to track the deer tracks/blood trail and saw that the cat had also tracked his deer. He decided to back out and we went and looked for it in the AM. Sure enough, the big cat tracks followed the deer tracks into the cane and we left it alone. It sure made walking into and out of the woods with a small flashlight before light or after dark more interesting.
    To this day I always turn around from time to time and scan behind me for eyes in the dark while on the way to the stand or flooded timber . If you research mountain lion attack survivors they all have three things in common: 1) They were always attacked from behind and 2) None of the victims ever heard them coming 3) Those cats seriously messed them up
    I wouldn't want to meet this dude in the woods if I were squirrel hunting with my 22. He is one big cat. He looks to go at least 250 pounds to me.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I'm disappointed. They left out the part where the Ross Barclay trained hound dog had treed the cat after a 50 mile chase.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Check this out! ?Almost unbelievable to imagine this cat was wondering around North Louisiana.
    Here is a photo of a cougar killed 5 miles west ofCotton Valley. The guy who shot it is 6 foot tall and weighs about 220 lbs. He was in a deer stand and saw the cat pass him downwind. He then saw it pass him upwind. When the cat passed him again (closer this time) downwind, he knew that it was hunting him. So, boom. After viewing this do you feel safe in the woods?

I tried to copy and paste the picture from an e-mail. Anybody heard about this? I'll try again on the picture.

Yeah right, we all know that redneck probably shot it as soon as he saw it

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

This thread may be about to turn in another direction.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    This thread may be about to turn in another direction.
    If it doesn't, it would be a first....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

that looks like a shopped dog

This turned out to be a hoax. The picture of the cat is real, he wasn't killed near Cotton Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    This turned out to be a hoax. The picture of the cat is real, he wasn't killed near Cotton Valley.
    that's a good thing

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

"Because, I am The Big Cat Ernie Ladd! I am seven feet tall, three hundred and thirty pounds and size 20 shoe! Rufus R Jones! Where he at? He ain't nothing to Ernie Ladd! I beat his cousin Burrhead to with in an inch of his life! And the only reason I didn't kill him was because I like beatin' him!"
    "That is the truth! I tell the truth! Rufus R Jones is an Uncle Tom and I hate Uncle Toms! The Freight train is no trouble for The Big Cat Ernie Ladd! If I beat up his family then maybe he will get some guts and face The Big Cat. I have no respect for Rufus! He step and fetch too much for me!"
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread