+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rummel vs. Hahnville

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Rummel vs. Hahnville

Down to the Elite 8, the quarterfinals. Every team left is 2-0 in the playoffs. No soft touches survive to this point.

In 1974 we beat Hahnville 7-6 at their place in the quarterfinals.

This year the Raiders are minus our starting QB and #1 RB. Both were lost for the season to injuries weeks ago. A freshman has stepped up and has played well at QB. Well enough to be 3-0 now as a starter. But the defense is carrying the load and it gets even tougher next week.

I know what it's like to play defense and feel like you have to pitch a shutout to win the game. One mistake, one unlucky bounce of the ball could spell defeat. It does cause you to focus and play EVERY down like the game was riding on it....because it was!

In 1974 we lost to Fair Park (at Indy Stadium) 7-0 in the semis. After a punt pinned us deep, our offense fumbled at our frickin' two yard line. It took FP four tries, but on 4th down their RB leaped over the line and broke the plane. We threw him back, but the zebras got the call right. After the game many of our fans were complaining about the call. I was on the goal line and that kid was airborne past me before we grabbed him. He had scored.

That was it. A 4-play two-yard drive and we lost. Oh yeah, I know what it's like to play defense with an anemic offense.....

The Super Ants, baby!

Raider Pride!

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Re: Rummel vs. Hahnville

<--Graduate of Hahnville

there is another running around on this board, let's see if he pokes his head out.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Some of the Hahnville fans didn't take too kindly to our visit in '74. They threw rocks at our bus after the game. But, the principal and the head coach co-authored a letter that was read over the PA system at our school the following week, apologizing for the misbehavior of a few knuckleheads and wishing us good luck in our next game. Thought that was a classy thing to do on their part.

I know H-ville has a new stadium now. Beats the "cow pasture" we played on in 1974!

Raider Pride!

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Here I am. Rummel's going down. I'll be at the game, too!

You wanna go, David?

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

gotta work sadly, i get off at 10pm, want to do something after?

the "new" stadium was built with the new school. they have put some real money in there since 04 and to me it rivals wm's stadium.

OMG! all these tigger fans coming out of the woodwork.....

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    OMG! all these tigger fans coming out of the woodwork.....
    HHS is Tigers.

You might be confusing us with some crappy school up the river.

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    gotta work sadly, i get off at 10pm, want to do something after?

the "new" stadium was built with the new school. they have put some real money in there since 04 and to me it rivals wm's stadium.
    Sure.

Let's get bombed.

This game is at Joe Yenni Stadium, ain't it?

Yes it is.

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar

The only thing that disturbs me about Rummel is that their fight song is oddly familiar to another state school.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg03 View Post
    The only thing that disturbs me about Rummel is that their fight song is oddly familiar to another state school.
    So is Hahnville's

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    So is Hahnville's
    Roll Rummel Raiders
    Red, white and blue
    Roll Rummel Raiders
    Ramble right on through

Onward and upward
    We're here to stay
    Raiders the Champions
    Boldly show the way

Oh, we'll never give in
    Til we get a win
    And we will win today
    Rummel Raiders shout hooray!

Fight!

I recall when our band struck up our fight song at the standing-room-only Hahnville cow pasture ALL fans went nuts and joined in!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg03 View Post
    We had ours first. lspoo copied.

First down for Hahnville: Band Plays first down for LSU.
    Touchdown for HHS: Band plays Tiger Rag.
    Pregame for HHS: Band plays pregame for LSU.

Not to mention the favorite Hey Fightin' Tigers, and Eye of the Tiger. Hahnville is The Definitive LSU copy-school. Can't stand it, but it is what it is.

Dawg 80, I'll be out there wearing HHS colors and a white Tech hat. Maybe I'll run into you.

+ Reply to Thread