+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Played There Hearts Out

Varsity Bulldog bigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the rough

Played There Hearts Out

These guys have played there hearts out since that tough loss to Utah State. I really hope there is a good crowd for the San Jose State game these players and especially the seniors deserve it. The players have been working there butts off all season. Let's see a good crowd on December 5 and end the season on a blowout of the Spartans!

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: Played There Hearts Out

I'm there, bigdawg18!

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

This has been one of the funnest years I can remember. Every freaking game could go either way. We'll turn the corner next year. This was a learning year.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    This has been one of the funnest years I can remember.
    Not much fun in losing.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

The Jenkins to Morris hookup was incredible tonight. If Jenkins had one more TD pass it would have been one of Tech's Top 10 single-game passing TD performances ever. Great effort Tech Dawgs.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Not much fun in losing.
    Losing does suck. But you are going to like next year and the next and the next. Growing pains.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

They did play hard, but I agree with Dooley: That is what they are SUPPOSED to do.

Big Dog DogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg18 View Post
    These guys have played there hearts out since that tough loss to Utah State. I really hope there is a good crowd for the San Jose State game these players and especially the seniors deserve it. The players have been working there butts off all season. Let's see a good crowd on December 5 and end the season on a blowout of the Spartans!
    I will be in Vegas (1/2 marathon) but will be sure to visit the sports book to put some serious $ on this team. They are due!!!!

Big Dog dawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her game dawg78's Avatar

God willing, I'm there and I'll be hoopin and hollarin. I really think I've enjoyed watching the past 4 games more than the previous...I know we've lost all 4 but it just seems as though these guys have played their hearts out. Now that is not say we've played mistake free ball, I doubt we ever will but we've played hard and if we play hard I can accept a loss. I am not ashamed of these young men, quite the contrary, I'm proud of them so I'll be there Dec.5th getting with the program.....

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

I'll be at the last game as well.

On a related subject, I have been trying to get an Tech Grad who is an acquaintance of mine to start supporting the bulldogs. I think he graduated in the 50's, and played baseball for Tech, but for some reason, he wasn't interested in Tech Athletics.

I ran into him at the library the other day, and his first comment to me was something like, "Our boys have really been playing well, haven't they." I guess my point is, that even though they lost, the team has played well enough against good competition to gain the interest of a Tech grad who hasn't supported them for 50 years or so. It was the first time since I met him 20 years ago, that he used "our" in relation to any conversation about Tech.

I brought this up because, I think it indicates that even though Tech has a terrible won/loss record, that their performance has been good enough to interest at least one of our lost alumni. He was such a hard case, I have to believe there are a lot more like him out there. If the Dawgs continue to impress, it may get difficult to get a ticket to a home game in a few years. I sure hope so!

Keep up the good work Dawgs, and beat San Jose!

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by old dawg View Post
    I'll be at the last game as well.

On a related subject, I have been trying to get an Tech Grad who is an acquaintance of mine to start supporting the bulldogs. I think he graduated in the 50's, and played baseball for Tech, but for some reason, he wasn't interested in Tech Athletics.

I ran into him at the library the other day, and his first comment to me was something like, "Our boys have really been playing well, haven't they." I guess my point is, that even though they lost, the team has played well enough against good competition to gain the interest of a Tech grad who hasn't supported them for 50 years or so. It was the first time since I met him 20 years ago, that he used "our" in relation to any conversation about Tech.

I brought this up because, I think it indicates that even though Tech has a terrible won/loss record, that their performance has been good enough to interest at least one of our lost alumni. He was such a hard case, I have to believe there are a lot more like him out there. If the Dawgs continue to impress, it may get difficult to get a ticket to a home game in a few years. I sure hope so!

Keep up the good work Dawgs, and beat San Jose!
    The way we played Boise and LSU should have an impact next year. My dad has been a diehard LSU'r all his life, but he started pulling for us at half. He and mom are getting season tickets next year. Also a friend at work that I have been bringing to the games the last few years is getting 2 tickets next year.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    They did play hard, but I agree with Dooley: That is what they are SUPPOSED to do.
    Dooley's right. But our team hasn't played hard in the past when there was nothing left but pride to play for. I really think the Dawgs have turned the corner. Now if we're having this coversation next year at this time...........

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. In past years, they would not have kept fighting after falling behind to BSU or LSU. They would have mailed it in. Also, our coaches have learned that they need to stay aggressive to keep our guys in the games even when we are down. Learning curve is still sharp for us and that is a good thing. Wish it could happen overnight, cause growing pains hurt like crap. I will take sustained success, which is the direction we are headed now, but it still isn't "fun" to watch our guys get beat even if it's close.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

By the way it's "their hearts" not "there hearts". I know

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    By the way it's "their hearts" not "there hearts". I know
    And I was trying so hard not to point that out. It was killing me! Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread