+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What scares me the most about Dooley...

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

What scares me the most about Dooley...

4 - 16 on the road...

We can win games at home, but we travel HORRIBLY...
    :bigcry:
    Last edited by revf; 11-21-2009 at 08:03 PM. Reason: had it backwards :(

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: What scares me the most about Dooley...

I'm guessing the 16 are losses?

Well, if there is a silver lining to that stat, it's the home games that matter most in terms of building the fanbase and entertaining recruits.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

We just played 4 out of 5 games on the road and 3 of those games were 2000 miles away. The other game on the road was the #8 team and the game at home was #6. We should have won those first 2 games on the road.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    We just played 4 out of 5 games on the road and 3 of those games were 2000 miles away. The other game on the road was the #8 team and the game at home was #6. We should have won those first 2 games on the road.
    Yep. Clearly USU was this year's "Army game." Frustrating, though, that we have to have those kind of wake-up calls, especially with a veteran squad. Hopefully the youth that are carrying much of the load now will end the tradition of the wake-up call game. Or, if we absolutely must have a wake-up call game, let's have it week 1.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    4 - 16 on the road...

We can win games at home, but we travel HORRIBLY...
    :bigcry:
    We've been a bad road team since Bick was here and I think alot of it has to do with the insane travel thats required. Also, this year's schedule coupled with the inordinate amount of injuries didn't help matters either. I think we will see vast improvement next year.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, Joe Raymond Peace's teams didn't play well on the West Coast either.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

We have never played well out west sans a couple of games.

Well, on the brighter side, at least this season we showed signs (later in the season) of at least not letting ourselves get completely rolled in our away games.

I think the last few games we've seen a subtle shift in our road-game philosophy. We seemed to be playing to WIN instead of playing not to LOSE. For example, @AU, @Navy, and @ a couple other games early on I remember us striking quickly, then seemingly settling back and playing conservatively. Not as much of that down the stretch. We are a decent, scrappy team when we keep hitting you in the mouth, as opposed to trying to grind out with you. Need more of that next year.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Yep. Clearly USU was this year's "Army game." Frustrating, though, that we have to have those kind of wake-up calls, especially with a veteran squad. Hopefully the youth that are carrying much of the load now will end the tradition of the wake-up call game. Or, if we absolutely must have a wake-up call game, let's have it week 1.
    Well we have lost every game since USU, so I wouldn't say woke up. Yes, we played better but still could have won at Idaho and Fresno. This year sucked. There is not much silver lining for me.

+ Reply to Thread