+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 10-0!!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: 10-0!!!

You see a lot of people saying they formed allegiances to teams in their youth. Kids are impressionable. I was no different. I grew up a HUGE Baltimore Colts' fan. Johnny U., Tom Matte, John Mackey, Raymond Berry, Bubba Smith, David Lee, etc...

Went to a Colts' game at old Memorial Stadium (a real dust bowl). My Uncle Pat lived in Maryland, and he and his son, my dad, my brother, and I went to a game. Happened to be a classic: Colts 28 Rams 24 with the division title on the line. Unitas led the Colts on two 4th qtr drives, the last in the final 2 mins. Classic Johnny U! I was hooked.

Then a couple years later those same Colts (think it was their Super Bowl year they lost to the Jets) came to Tulane Stadium. Colts won 30-10. Johnny U was nursing an injury and Earl Morral played more than he did that day. I was happy to see the Colts in person again, and I was still a HUGE fan. But....I rooted for the Saints that day.

Blood is thicker than water, I guess.

I was a bandwagon Colts' fan....followed them thru the Bert Jones years and they were my favorite AFC team for a looooong time. Still like 'em. Usually root for Manning and the Colts to this day.

But, it was a "fun" kind of fanship. I enjoyed their games, watching on TV, rooting for 'em. But, it never rose anywhere close to the sense of loyalty I feel for the Saints.

Not even close.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Someone help me out here. The WR, a Tech guy, that played for the Colts with Bert Jones....

having another brain fart!

My mind used to be a like a steel trap....well, it still is, only now it's badly rusted!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Someone help me out here. The WR, a Tech guy, that played for the Colts with Bert Jones....

having another brain fart!

My mind used to be a like a steel trap....well, it still is, only now it's badly rusted!
    Roger Carr

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Roger Carr
    Ya see what I mean!!! How could anyone forget the great Roger Carr????

Thanks for the help.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I'm really happy for all of you gluttons for punishment.

It actually isn't that bad. When they win, wow what a party! When they lose, tickets are cheap and wow what a party!

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

I'm with you dawg80

I developed an attachment to the Patriots when I was a kid because I was rooting for the underdog in the 85 SB AND because eventually Tommy Hodson ended up playing there (and I was a big LSU fan as a kid) ... But the Saints are the home team and I find myself rooting for them almost as if it were something I was born with. I always had friends ask me who would I root for in a Pats/Saints SB ... the answer isn't even close

WHO DAT!

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    I'm with you dawg80

I developed an attachment to the Patriots when I was a kid because I was rooting for the underdog in the 85 SB AND because eventually Tommy Hodson ended up playing there (and I was a big LSU fan as a kid) ... But the Saints are the home team and I find myself rooting for them almost as if it were something I was born with. I always had friends ask me who would I root for in a Pats/Saints SB ... the answer isn't even close

WHO DAT!
    Patriots? Hah! Remember when Steve Grogan was their QB. Very good. Had some great battles with Bert Jones and Colts.

Two of the best games ever played: Colts 30 Pats 24....Joe Washington's kickoff return won it for the Colts. And Colts 10 Dolphins 7....the Fog Bowl. Couldn't see the players on TV.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Patriots? Hah! Remember when Steve Grogan was their QB.
    I remember when Jim Plunkett was the QB of the Boston Patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I remember when Jim Plunkett was the QB of the Boston Patriots.
    That's because you are old.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Patriots? Hah! Remember when Steve Grogan was their QB. Very good. Had some great battles with Bert Jones and Colts.

Two of the best games ever played: Colts 30 Pats 24....Joe Washington's kickoff return won it for the Colts. And Colts 10 Dolphins 7....the Fog Bowl. Couldn't see the players on TV.

Groggy Grogan, fun times. The glory days for me as a youngster loving the NFL. I honesty say I didn't tune into the Saints until Bum became the head coach. I loved the NFL but never really had a "team". There were Cowboys fans everywhere but I never was a crowd follower. Dad was a big Pittsburgh fan because of Terry. My elementary schools colors were purple and yellow so my Mom bought me a Vikings jacket from Sears. Looked just like a letter jacket and I loved it. This was the 70's and Tarkington was the QB so I followed them a bit but there was never any true loyalty. I had NFL sheets on my bed and I had all the teams memorized. Collected NFL cards. Won my first bet on a Monday night game Dolphins/Jets against my Dad, my bet...one dollar. There were really some characters in the NFL back then. Not bad guys but close, usually they played for the Raiders. Then my sister puts a Faith, Hope, and Bum sticker on her car. I started paying attention to the Saints. Teenage years, suffering with the Aints. Being given a paper bag complete with the eye holes cut out by my girlfriends cowboy loving dad. It's been a fun ride for the last 29 years, no I don't go back as far as some of you but I am no less a fan. Who Dat!

+ Reply to Thread