You see a lot of people saying they formed allegiances to teams in their youth. Kids are impressionable. I was no different. I grew up a HUGE Baltimore Colts' fan. Johnny U., Tom Matte, John Mackey, Raymond Berry, Bubba Smith, David Lee, etc...

Went to a Colts' game at old Memorial Stadium (a real dust bowl). My Uncle Pat lived in Maryland, and he and his son, my dad, my brother, and I went to a game. Happened to be a classic: Colts 28 Rams 24 with the division title on the line. Unitas led the Colts on two 4th qtr drives, the last in the final 2 mins. Classic Johnny U! I was hooked.

Then a couple years later those same Colts (think it was their Super Bowl year they lost to the Jets) came to Tulane Stadium. Colts won 30-10. Johnny U was nursing an injury and Earl Morral played more than he did that day. I was happy to see the Colts in person again, and I was still a HUGE fan. But....I rooted for the Saints that day.

Blood is thicker than water, I guess.

I was a bandwagon Colts' fan....followed them thru the Bert Jones years and they were my favorite AFC team for a looooong time. Still like 'em. Usually root for Manning and the Colts to this day.

But, it was a "fun" kind of fanship. I enjoyed their games, watching on TV, rooting for 'em. But, it never rose anywhere close to the sense of loyalty I feel for the Saints.

Not even close.