+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 11/24 ARK STATE game

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 11/24 ARK STATE game

Sorry, I didn't log on to here last night. I just got too into the game and was on the edge the whole night. Here are my thoughts:

VERY sloppy first half! Way too many turnovers. Credit AState for some of those, but we were sloppy.

In the second half, we came to life, but AState is tough and we still weren't in our game. It appeared that we would pull away several times, but AState kept coming back to within 5 or 6 points every time, once we took the lead early in the second.

On the Refs: I just heard, but it sounded like a LOT of phantom calls on us - especially Dowdell. They gave some to AState - called traveling on us, when it sounded like it was clearly a foul from them that caused it.

On the Red Wolves - Good solid scrappy team that does not give up. They may make some noise in the Belt.

I think going so long without a game hurt us, which scares me against lsu.

Good teams fine a way to win and we did that. That was the up side of last night. Dowdell and Johnson never really got into a rythm. We all out hustled on rebounds, though, and that is what won the game. I think we outrebounded them 56-38 (estimate).

We have to get better. Jasmine and Wysinger provided our power last night, though. When Johnson and Dowdell were struggling, those two stepped it up. Young, Thomas, and Jones also kept us in it.

On the AState Media: I did NOT get the video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was pissed! They have some very faulty advertising. I paid 7.95 and it wasn't until right at 7pm that I figured out my package was for audio only. For video, they wanted $79 for the YEAR - no monthly payments. SO, I switched over to Malcolm, who is the only commentator in the world that rivals actually watching it, so I was okay. I had to cancel my initial payment to AState, though. They don't tell you that it is only audio for the monthly payments.

Overall we played HARD and when shots weren't falling our way, we played harder. Spoon and Park inspired those girls for the second half and that is why we took this one. AState wanted it BAD, but we hung tough and got our win on their court.

The brightest part of our game was our free throw shooting. We are GOOD FT shooters this year. That will win us a LOT of close games. Spoon said that they shoot a LOT of FT's when the girls are tired and our players have confidence when they step up to that line. What a difference a year makes with that!

Congrats to the Lady Techsters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not happy with the turnovers, but that can be fixed and AState was good at forcing them. Overall, though, glad we got the win.

3-0 BABY!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't stress enough about how Dowdell and Johnson really kept fighting even when their shots just were not falling. THAT is the way you overcome a bad offensive night! Also, Jasmine Bendolf............. WOW!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    A-State's arena is crappy.
    That used to be a tough place to play back in the SB days (for the men's teams).

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    That used to be a tough place to play back in the SB days (for the men's teams).
    It is still tough, even with very few people there. You can hear EVERYTHING and hear the comments from the fans easily. It is a crappy place, but effective.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    more pics...

Made it home at 11:30pm. Jonesboro, AR is in the middle of nowhere. There were about 8-9 Tech fans, under 300 total for attendance (counting their band and spirit group).

A-State's arena is crappy. Sticky seating area, they must not believe in mopping.
    Thanks for the photos. My wife - Ark State grad- will enjoy seeing her old school. She's now for Tech all the way though. I wouldn't have kept her around 35 years otherwise!! (just kiddin', hon):icon_wink:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, LADY TECHSTERS!!! GOOD WIN

I second that. Thanks for the pics!!!!!!! Spoon looks so confident and at ease in that last picture, even after a tough game. She has the "Swagger" that she talks about the Techsters getting back.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

This is the kind of game we lose the last couple of years. We would all come on here and say we just didn't hit our shots, but you still have to find a way to win and we did that tonight. Must have been some great halftime adjustments because we played much better in the second half. Some nights you are not going to shoot well or get all the calls but we found a way to win

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    This is the kind of game we lose the last couple of years. We would all come on here and say we just didn't hit our shots, but you still have to find a way to win and we did that tonight. Must have been some great halftime adjustments because we played much better in the second half. Some nights you are not going to shoot well or get all the calls but we found a way to win
    I agree! Would have been a definite loss before Spoon entered the picture. She and Park made the adjustment, calmed our team down, and got them steady to get the win in the second half. Good teams find a way to win these type games. Good post!

+ Reply to Thread