+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions for flat panel TV needed

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Re: My DAT (day after Thanksgiving) Friday

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Any suggestions for this novice gamer?
    Any crash Bandicoot game. I grew up playing them. Lots of fun.

There are some older ones from the 90's on the PS1 Classics, or you canget one that's an actual PS3 game.

For you, I recommend Ncaa Basketball 10.

Champ Salvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant future Salvatore Assante's Avatar

Re: Suggestions for flat panel TV needed

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

I'm about to buy my first flat panel TV. The only limitation is width, as my spot on the wall for the TV is only 52" wide. My wife and I don't watch a lot of TV (mainly baseball and college basketball), HGTV, DIY, History Channel, Travel, and Food Network and we watch a movie once or twice a month so we really don't need a super system but we want a system that will provide us years of service and not be out of date in a short time.

I think 1080P and 120hz is what I want. My internet research has me left me confused - LED, LCD, Plasma? Sony, Samsumg, Toshiba, Phillips, RCA, Vizio?

I will be also be buying a bluray disc player and a sound bar so suggestions about these are also appreciated. Also, what connecting cables would you recommend?

Is there a good website for me to visit or do you have suggestions?
    One HUGE suggestion to save a bunch of money on cables. Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT purchase Monster cables. The blowhards at Best Buy will try to tell you that the Monster cables will significantly increase your viewing pleasure, but I can assure you that it is a borderline scam.

Read this for more information:

http://consumerist.com/2008/02/monst...0-markups.html

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

I love my 47" Vizio, 1080P

No complaints at all, have had it 2 years

WARNING......closeups of people.....can be bad. There are some bad complexions out there!!!

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for all the suggestions. After researching the Playstation3 as a BlueRay player with wireless internet connectivity I decided it was the best choice. Now I need to buy a few games. including some for my just turned 2 year old grandson. Any suggestions for this novice gamer?
    Sure!

For the kids (and adults), Little Big Planet is a great game. That's all that really strikes me as a stellar every-age game for the PS3.. But other good kid games are:

Disney Pure - A four-wheeler extravaganza
    Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures - A great kids game

As for the more mature gamer, Batman: Arkham Asylum is the greatest Batman game created to date. No one expected this game to be as good as it is. Also, Modern Warfare: 2 is the latest craze. Assassin's Creed: 2 is a very beautiful game with a tight and well-deployed storyline.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yarfunkle View Post
    Sure!

For the kids (and adults), Little Big Planet is a great game. That's all that really strikes me as a stellar every-age game for the PS3.. But other good kid games are:

Disney Pure - A four-wheeler extravaganza
    Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures - A great kids game

As for the more mature gamer, Batman: Arkham Asylum is the greatest Batman game created to date. No one expected this game to be as good as it is. Also, Modern Warfare: 2 is the latest craze. Assassin's Creed: 2 is a very beautiful game with a tight and well-deployed storyline.
    I got two games and a BluRay movie with the PS3 package. The movie was the latest Batman and one of the games was the Batman game you mentioned and the other may have been Little Big Planet. I haven't played or watched anything yet but I did join the Playstation Network so that I can download movies. Of course, I haven't done that either because it's college basketball season and there is usally a game on TV or espn360.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I got two games and a BluRay movie with the PS3 package. The movie was the latest Batman and one of the games was the Batman game you mentioned and the other may have been Little Big Planet. I haven't played or watched anything yet but I did join the Playstation Network so that I can download movies. Of course, I haven't done that either because it's college basketball season and there is usally a game on TV or espn360.
    As much as you like basketball you should look into one of the NCAA basketball games. College football is just about the only game I play on my PS2.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    As much as you like basketball you should look into one of the NCAA basketball games. College football is just about the only game I play on my PS2.
    Are the real players of the Dunkin' DAWGS on the game? If so, I'll have to look for it.

Actually, I'm addicted to baseball even more than basketball. Watching college basketball is a great way to spend time until baseball takes the field again. Is there a good PS3 baseball game?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Are the real players of the Dunkin' DAWGS on the game? If so, I'll have to look for it.

Actually, I'm addicted to baseball even more than basketball. Watching college basketball is a great way to spend time until baseball takes the field again. Is there a good PS3 baseball game?
    They can't use the player's names, but yes, usually the rosters just happen to have guys wearing the same numbers that are the same positions and height and weight as the real players in a given year. Then you get to recruit and manage the schedule and all that - for years if you want. You can build Tech into a powerhouse dynasty.

But I haven't played any recent NCAA basketball games, so I don't know which is the best (or if there is even still more than one option).

There are games out there for baseball (including college) but I haven't played any recent ones. I bet someone here can give you some advice, but they may not be reading this thread anymore. You might try starting a new thread in the gaming dogs forum.

A quick search found reviews for a college game (not sure if it is on PS3, but PS2 games work on PS3, I think) and two pro games (not sure if both are avaible on PS3, one review is for the XBOX version).

http://g4tv.com/games/ps2/43479/mvp-...seball/review/

http://g4tv.com/games/ps3/57046/MLB-09-The-Show/review/

http://g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/57013...ll-2K9/review/
    Last edited by inudesu; 02-01-2010 at 04:46 PM.

Here is a review for NCAA basketball 2010.

http://g4tv.com/games/ps3/62663/ncaa...all-10/review/

+ Reply to Thread