+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bye Week...

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

Bye Week...

Thinking about heading down to ULL to see the powerhouse of the sunbelt play this weekend (oxymoron?). They were giving tickets away at my school so hey... might as well.

Anyone else ever seen Troy in person before?

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Re: Bye Week...

Quote Originally Posted by littleshoe View Post
    Thinking about heading down to ULL to see the powerhouse of the sunbelt play this weekend (oxymoron?). They were giving tickets away at my school so hey... might as well.

Anyone else ever seen Troy in person before?
    Yes, I've been to a game at Troy a few years back. They're facing a lot of the same roadblocks that we are -- but I think they have a much steeper hill to climb here in Alabama.

I enjoyed the game...it was a fun experience. I'd go for the price you're paying

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Last week after the LSU game - I really thought we needed a BYE week

After the Fresno game, I really wish we didn't have one

This team has taken the "last one standing mentality" and they have found a way to play hard and tough even with all the injuries and setbacks...

I hope the bye week doesn't hurt them against San Jose
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Our history is to lay an egg after bye weeks....

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    When?

We beat SLU last year after a week off.

Beat NSU in '06 (one of our few wins that season).

Beat NMSU in '05.

In '07 we lost to Fresno, but we didn't do too well in in games not following a bye week that season, either.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    When?

We beat SLU last year after a week off.

Beat NSU in '06 (one of our few wins that season).

Beat NMSU in '05.

In '07 we lost to Fresno, but we didn't do too well in in games not following a bye week that season, either.
    If you look at the history back to the late '90's, we haven't done as well. I guess we have done OK against 1-AA and a sorry NMSU, but other than that, not so good.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

If you look at the history back to the late '90's, we haven't done as well. I guess we have done OK against 1-AA and a sorry NMSU, but other than that, not so good.
    So when you say "history" you mean the stretch from 1998-2004? :icon_wink:

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

San Jose is not that good, either.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    San Jose is not that good, either.
    Don't get me wrong. I expect us to smoke SJSU. I am just stating historical perspective as I recall it.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

OMG. We will win on the 5th.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

We will win the San Jose game - it's in the bank

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

One of the top moments of JB3's life came against San Jose.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Dooley won't get as excited about win #4...if it happens.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    One of the top moments of JB3's life came against San Jose.

I thought that was Tulsa @ Indy?

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Its been a tough fall. Think I'm following the Dawgs lead and making it a "Bye" week. Thankful for some time off and plan to make the most of it.

Gone to Kentucky. See you Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    See you Sunday.
    Yep -

I wonder if we will continue to get this many visits if he ever makes it to the White House?

:icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread