View Poll Results: What will make next season worth the pain of this season?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7-5

10 7.52%
  • 8-4

49 36.84%
  • 9-3

41 30.83%
  • 10-2

10 7.52%
  • WAC 'ship

23 17.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Season Poll

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

Next Season Poll

What (at the least) would make next season worth the pain of this season?

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Next Season Poll

9-3, second in the WAC, and beat Nevada by 20+ points at home.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    9-3, second in the WAC, and beat Nevada by 20+ points at home.
    ditto

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

What's the better schedule... the odd years:

at Nevada
    at Fresno
    at Idaho
    at Utah St

or the even years:

at Boise
    at Hawaii
    at New Mex State
    at San Jose St

We won the WAC with the odd year schedule in 2001. I think it's easier to beat Fresno and Nevada on the road than it is to beat Hawaii and Boise on the road. So I would go with the odd-year schedule.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Grambling in Shreveport? FCS win
    9-11 @ Texas A&M pretty tough
    9-18 Navy at the Joe…very winnable
    9-25 Southern Miss at the Joe…winnable

It’s good to get the NC games finished in the beginning of the season. WAC games in no particular order

@ Hawaii always tough on the island…winnable
    Vs. Nevada payback and home…winnable
    @ New Mexico State we’re better than they are…win
    Vs. Utah State learned from last year…at home win
    Vs. Idaho more payback… home winning streak
    @ Boise State oh… I hate the blue turf
    Vs. Fresno State Fresno underachieves… more home winning
    @ San Jose State come on now…win

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    What's the better schedule... the odd years:

at Nevada
    at Fresno
    at Idaho
    at Utah St

or the even years:

at Boise
    at Hawaii
    at New Mex State
    at San Jose St

We won the WAC with the odd year schedule in 2001. I think it's easier to beat Fresno and Nevada on the road than it is to beat Hawaii and Boise on the road. So I would go with the odd-year schedule.

Im torn between this also. if you look at it from the stand point that boise will be a really tough game no matter where we play, and hawaii seams to be very beatable these days, maybe nevada and fresno at home could be better? its a toss up and we have to flat out just win close games either way!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by baw011 View Post

A win at East Carolina and USM will be playing Houston for the CUSA championship

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

8-4 would make me giddy. However, we will have 6 home games with one "away" game being in S'Port. That along with the fact that another away game is in College Station (not too far from Ruston) will keep us from getting as tired. We stand a much better shot at surviving the trip to the island in this scenario. And we are better than they are. I agree, I still hate the blue turf. Remember too that everyone has been getting better in our conference. 8-4 would be saying something with a much improved USU and Idaho, even if they are in Ruston.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

I don't think the schedule is a cake walk, but it certainly is better/more favorable than this years, or those of recent memory. The WAC has been improving, but I think we play the right teams at home to reasonably finish with 1-2 WAC losses, and 2 outside of conference. So I think 8-4 is realistic, with 9+ wins possible if we can solve some of our issues like the passing game and have a more '08-like than '09-like special teams. Of course we seem to have a trend of dropping one game we should win a year, too ('08 Army, '09 USU), but I can't bring myself to adjust my prediction accordingly.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by baw011 View Post

Grambling in Shreveport? FCS win
    9-11 @ Texas A&M pretty tough
    9-18 Navy at the Joe…very winnable

It’s good to get the NC games finished in the beginning of the season. WAC games in no particular order

@ Hawaii always tough on the island…winnable
    Vs. Nevada payback and home…winnable
    @ New Mexico State we’re better than they are…win
    Vs. Utah State learned from last year…at home win
    Vs. Idaho more payback… home winning streak
    @ Boise State oh… I hate the blue turf
    Vs. Fresno State Fresno underachieves… more home winning
    @ San Jose State come on now…win
    I agree with all these predictions. I even think A&M is winnable (difficult, but it can be done). Even if we lose to A&M and slip up once on the WAC predictions, we are in great shape.

I LOVE next year's schedule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Varsity Bulldog bsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the rough

I like many of you have been watching Bulldog football for quite a while, so unfortunately I have seen some dismall years. With that said nothing can take the sting from this year, but nothing can stop me from getting my season tickets and planting my ass on the 50 yard line front row section OO and yelling until my voice is gone. Every year I say they are going to run the table next year in my heart they will! ( I also tell everyone the Cubs are going 162-0)

Varsity Bulldog bsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the roughbsngr is a jewel in the rough

Oh, and I didn't answer the poll because my answer is not an option. At this point I will say 4 wins. Ask me after San Jose it may change to 5.

Varsity Bulldog NO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really nice

I voted wrong. I honestly think we can win 10 but 8-4 would be acceptable.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I went for the gusto, a WAC title!

Why not? Oh, depending on the circumstances, I could be okay with something less, like 9-3 or so and a bowl trip. But, for now, shoot for all the marbles! 13-0!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I went for the gusto, a WAC title!

Why not? Oh, depending on the circumstances, I could be okay with something less, like 9-3 or so and a bowl trip. But, for now, shoot for all the marbles! 13-0!
    I like you thinking!

bsngr, you said you would change your prediction after the SJSU game. I think you should consider changing it by more than just 5 wins. :icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread