+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KC Royals are moving forward...Omaha

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Baseball KC Royals are moving forward...Omaha

http://www.omaha.com/article/2011021...l-talent-flush

Great article on upcoming talent!

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

Re: KC Royals are moving forward...Omaha

Great article. I hope good things happen. George Brett was in my office last Friday on a campus visit with his son. Extremely nice guy and surprisingly approachable.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by solo1001 View Post
    George Brett was in my office last Friday
    That's some name dropping there.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

He was one of the best, but one moment from his playing days really stands out.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    He was one of the best, but one moment from his playing days really stands out.
    Pinetar tantrum....

Or Roids - hemor not ster----

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    That's some name dropping there.
    Working in downtown Charleston can have its perks occasionally. AND there's an OTB down the street from my house.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Congratulations on the new park and the talent you should see over the next few years.

My plans are not set, but it is possible that my wife and I will be driving through Omaha in late July. If so, I will stop by the park and introduce myself. Maybe there will be game that night that I can watch. I've got your schedule and y'all are home for most of late July.

I have a comment and a question. I'm becoming more and more disenchanted with the business of baseball. 2010 opening day team salaries ranged from under $35 million for the Pirates to over $206 million for the Yankees. Teams like the Royals (20th in payroll at about $72 million) can't keep talent when they become free agents. What is your solution to this inequity in ability to pay?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Pinetar tantrum....

Or Roids - hemor not ster----

That's an EPIC post right there.

Can't believe I had forgotten about the hemorrhoid incident. He was one tough dude!

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    Do you think the big league club will be a little more trigger shy about bringing some of these position guys up after Alex Gordon has struggled to adjust to the pro game?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by solo1001 View Post
    Working in downtown Charleston can have its perks occasionally. AND there's an OTB down the street from my house.
    They closed ours a couple of years ago

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Do you think the big league club will be a little more trigger shy about bringing some of these position guys up after Alex Gordon has struggled to adjust to the pro game?
    Since the current regime has taken over they have moved the guys level to level. The only one they have rushed was Gordon. They will continue to do what they have done.

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Congratulations on the new park and the talent you should see over the next few years.

My plans are not set, but it is possible that my wife and I will be driving through Omaha in late July. If so, I will stop by the park and introduce myself. Maybe there will be game that night that I can watch. I've got your schedule and y'all are home for most of late July.

I have a comment and a question. I'm becoming more and more disenchanted with the business of baseball. 2010 opening day team salaries ranged from under $35 million for the Pirates to over $206 million for the Yankees. Teams like the Royals (20th in payroll at about $72 million) can't keep talent when they become free agents. What is your solution to this inequity in ability to pay?
    Thanks.

Let me know about your plans. Would be glad to host you.

Player development has become the solution. Look at the payrolls of Tampa Bay, Cincinnati, Texas and the world champ San Francisco. You have to have a deep Minor League system to either build and compete with or to be able to trade. The smart and talented ones are being successful with or without huge payrolls.

+ Reply to Thread