+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: new news on Tiger Wood's accident

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: new news on Tiger Wood's accident

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    This is utterly ridiculous. I am by no means condoning what he has done, but I hope that a plane carrying bombs to Afghanistan makes a detour and "accidentally" drops one of them on the headquarters of TMZ and all the other tabloid headquarters. This man has screwed up and was trying to keep his personal life, PERSONAL! This is no ones business but the Wood's family. STAY OUT OF IT!!!!

Then quit selling Buicks and Rolex watches on TV.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    That is total BS. If people buy those watches and cars based on his appearance in the commercial, it is NOT because be is a devout family man with good values. It is because he is one of the biggest SPORTS figures in the world. Now if he was selling bibles or marriage counseling, that would be different.

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

that has nothing to do with personal life

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Either he is a role model or not. It is a cut and dry question.

He makes his money with the media pimping his products, so to hell with him if he screws up and it gets reported.

I do know in many states that law enforcement must arrest a man or woman that commits domestic violence, whether the victim wants to press charges or not. If Florida is such a state, then Tiger Woods and his wife are getting special treatment because of their celebrity status.

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

I tend to go with Clyde on this one. He cheats on his pregnant wife with some skank from a VH1 reality show and leaves incriminating voicemail's on said skank's cell? Dude deserves whatever he gets. He built an empire from endorsements...scrutiny comes with the territory.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Either he is a role model or not. It is a cut and dry question.

You have to be a role model to sell watches or cars? You have this standard for every used car salesman that has his own commercial? Actors in commercials? The guy who writes the print ads?

He makes his money with the media pimping his products, so to hell with him if he screws up and it gets reported.

He makes his money playing golf and appearing in advertisements. The companies buy the air time for their commercials or space for their print ads.

I do know in many states that law enforcement must arrest a man or woman that commits domestic violence, whether the victim wants to press charges or not. If Florida is such a state, then Tiger Woods and his wife are getting special treatment because of their celebrity status.

This is only if they have probable cause. Florida is such a state, but the Woods family seems to be sticking to their story. If the cops find a reason to arrest her, then they'll arrest her.

http://www.slate.com/id/2236957/
    Celebrity gossip is still gossip.

Varsity Bulldog Dawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the rough

I totally agree with you Clyde. All pro athletes like Tiger want the attention when it gets them money from Nike,Buick, etc. but then they want their "privacy". What they really mean is they don't want the SCRUTINY. If they really want privacy, then just play golf and go home! Don't do all the commercials and endorsements on TV. You can't have it both ways.

Varsity Bulldog Dawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg33 View Post
    that has nothing to do with personal life
    Wrong. Endorsements are based on your reputation which is a reflection of your LIFE, both what you do on the field of play and your integrity off the field.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Tiger made this worse though by delaying the interview not one, not two but three times. That just fueled the speculation.

That may be true, but let's remember, the police were trying to interview him about a car accident, not his personal life. Legally, he didn't have to do the interview, but I do get your point.

Still, he and his family should be left alone. It's no one else's business what goes on behind closed doors. If he wants to keep it private, other than what he released today, I have no problem with that.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg85 View Post
    I totally agree with you Clyde. All pro athletes like Tiger want the attention when it gets them money from Nike,Buick, etc. but then they want their "privacy". What they really mean is they don't want the SCRUTINY. If they really want privacy, then just play golf and go home! Don't do all the commercials and endorsements on TV. You can't have it both ways.
    Those are paid advertisements. Do you think we should know everything about every actor in every commercial? What's the difference?

Wrong. Endorsements are based on your reputation which is a reflection of your LIFE, both what you do on the field of play and your integrity off the field.
    Endorsements are based on how many watches, shirts, cars, or golf clubs the advertising agency thinks you can sell.

This seems to be related to professional acomplishments for athletes most of the time.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

As long as Tiger Woods makes millions of dollars with endorsements, I have no sympathy when the tabloids put his business all over the internet. Walk the walk and this doesn't happen.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
    Javert, is that you?

I have all the sympathy in the world for his kids. I hate, and I mean hate, that his dirty laundry is getting aired. He is a freaking golfer. Let it go. Do it for his kids.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Those are paid advertisements. Do you think we should know everything about every actor in every commercial? What's the difference?
    There is no difference. Every actor in a commercial has to decide if he wants "privacy" or money. I don't have to know everything about an actor but if they get caught in a scandal, don't come back saying you should have privacy.

Endorsements are based on how many watches, shirts, cars, or golf clubs the advertising agency thinks you can sell.

This seems to be related to professional acomplishments for athletes most of the time.
    I agree.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by playdablues View Post
    I tend to go with Clyde on this one. He cheats on his pregnant wife with some skank from a VH1 reality show and leaves incriminating voicemail's on said skank's cell? Dude deserves whatever he gets. He built an empire from endorsements...scrutiny comes with the territory.
    I just don't get the hardened hearts here. I'm in no way a golf fan and for that reason barely know anything about the man, other than he wins a lot. People make mistakes. We all do. Are we so legalistic that we cannot forgive a man for a mistake? Are we so legalistic that we can't let himand his wife heal their wounds in privacy? Are we so legalistic that we don't care about the welfare of two little children? Do you really need to know what happened? Is it going to change your life in the least if you don't know?

He is not running for office. He is a freaking golfer.

This is downright disgusting. Let it go already.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    I just don't get the hardened hearts here. I'm in no way a golf fan and for that reason barely know anything about the man, other than he wins a lot. People make mistakes. We all do. Are we so legalistic that we cannot forgive a man for a mistake? Are we so legalistic that we can't let himand his wife heal their wounds in privacy? Are we so legalistic that we don't care about the welfare of two little children? Do you really need to know what happened? Is it going to change your life in the least if you don't know?

He is not running for office. He is a freaking golfer.

This is downright disgusting. Let it go already.
    +1

I agree.
    I think we are talking about two different things.

Maybe.

The guy that works at home doesn't have huge visibility. If he does something wrong in his family life (morally), it is not my business.

The guy that runs the popular pretzel stand has much more visibility. He is seen in public by many people and his personality and public persona help his business. But if he does something wrong in his family life (morally), it is not my business.

The character actor who is in all the local commercials pushing car insurance is seen by millions of people while he does his job. But if he does something wrong in his family life (morally), it is not my business.

The spokesman for Buick and Rolex is seen by huge amounts of people while he is doing his job (acting or modeling in commercials). But if he does something wrong in his family life (morally), it is not my business.

Gossip is just gossip.
    Last edited by inudesu; 12-02-2009 at 02:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread