+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: 12/2 ULM game

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Re: 12/2 ULM game

Quote Originally Posted by playdablues View Post
    "Technical Fowls" is what they call their pep band???

Nice PA system they had...two big Peavey speakers right behind the announcer on the floor. Scorer's table wasn't nothing but folding tables with skirting around it...
    The chicken hawks should have received a technical foul for the disturbing suggestive gyrating the technical fowls were doing during our free throws

Varsity Bulldog FieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really nice FieldDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    it's funny how your perspective changes. it wasn't long ago that i would have said the same thing. however, i now know that there is too much going on in a game for an official to zone in on one or two players and "force" them out of the game by calling fouls on them.

as an official, you're watching the game, or more importantly you're watching your zone, at all times. you're not looking at faces and numbers of players. i officiated a scrimmage between a juco and a d-3 school, and the speed of the game is just too much to target specific players and take them out of the game. it just doesn't happen. heck, i couldn't do that on the junior high level if i wanted to, much less in division 1 basketball.

That is BS, I have been officiating sports for the better part of 17 years. I have been in games where officials have decide to target certain players or control tempo of the game. AS officials gain experience the game slows down, the avg colleg officials probably has a bout 10 to 15 years of experience at Div 1 level. How long have u calling

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by playdablues View Post
    "Technical Fowls" is what they call their pep band???
    I may draw a red dot for this, but --

I actually think that's kind of slick. I'm a little surprised they came up with something that clever.

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

i have read a lot of the posts on this thread. rupp didn't have the team ready; the refs tried to screw us; we played badly, etc. we did win the game, right? a road game against a team with as big a crowd as they will draw this season. this was their big game and we still won, maybe without our best effort. cheer up people and enjoy it. year three for rupp and he has this team pointed toward a winning record, maybe an NIT bid if not more. sounds positive to me, certainly better than anything richard did while here.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FieldDawg View Post
    That is BS, I have been officiating sports for the better part of 17 years. I have been in games where officials have decide to target certain players or control tempo of the game. AS officials gain experience the game slows down, the avg colleg officials probably has a bout 10 to 15 years of experience at Div 1 level. How long have u calling
    so you're saying, as an official with 17 years of experience, that you have decided to target specific players and control the tempo of the game? if so, that's a disgrace to the profession.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    i have read a lot of the posts on this thread. rupp didn't have the team ready; the refs tried to screw us; we played badly, etc. we did win the game, right? a road game against a team with as big a crowd as they will draw this season. this was their big game and we still won, maybe without our best effort. cheer up people and enjoy it. year three for rupp and he has this team pointed toward a winning record, maybe an NIT bid if not more. sounds positive to me, certainly better than anything richard did while here.
    Richard:
    150-117 record through the 2006-07 season. His first team captured a Sun Belt conference regular season title in 1999 with a 19-9 record and 20 or more games in 2000 (21-8), 2002 (22-10) and 2006 (20-13). The 2002 and 2006 teams advanced to post-season play in the National Invitation Tournament.

So Keith did do quite a few things while he was here. Hopefully Rupp will take the program places Richard didnt but he did to some good things.

Varsity Bulldog FieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really nice FieldDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    so you're saying, as an official with 17 years of experience, that you have decided to target specific players and control the tempo of the game? if so, that's a disgrace to the profession.

I did not say me, I said I have been in games where players have been targeted and seen games where players are targeted and the flow of the game is controlled and I agree it is a disgrace to profession. but it does happen. so u can not say it wil not or won't happen. stick around long enough and u will see it.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    looked closer to 50%

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post

Amazingly in these shots none of them are of the part of the arena that was full. There was 2 full sections of blue.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Amazingly in these shots none of them are of the part of the arena that was full. There was 2 full sections of blue.
    Came from the news-star, so no Tech fan shots. They suck.

Even if they filled the lower section, it's still not half full. Their rows are longer once you go higher up.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

No way they could have an accurate attendance count. They don't use a scanning system, and I watched what could have been students flash what might have been i.d.'s and stroll right in. No turnstile gates or clicker counters were used.

Their published numbers were way high. I'd guess more like 2,500 ??

Hate to say it, but sure wish we could see that many for our games at the TAC (for starters, o.c.).

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    They reminded me of a high school squad. Fant Ewing is like a hs gym but bigger and round.

The tac looks like a pro facility compared to fant.
    http://blog.mlive.com/james_sanford/...ll-semipro.jpg

Fant-Ewing arena= Tropics arena???

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    No way they could have an accurate attendance count. They don't use a scanning system, and I watched what could have been students flash what might have been i.d.'s and stroll right in. No turnstile gates or clicker counters were used.

Their published numbers were way high. I'd guess more like 2,500 ??

Hate to say it, but sure wish we could see that many for our games at the TAC (for starters, o.c.).

2000-2500 is what I was thinking. I don't see how ULM fans can argue 3K plus and then say no more than 300 Tech fans. DFM is right that it was 1/4-1/3 Tech fans.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    2000-2500 is what I was thinking. I don't see how ULM fans can argue 3K plus and then say no more than 300 Tech fans. DFM is right that it was 1/4-1/3 Tech fans.
    Yeah, I was thinking like 600-800 wearing blue, mebbe more towards 600 ??

+ Reply to Thread