+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Cowboys are everything that's wrong with the NFL"

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: "Cowboys are everything that's wrong with the NFL"

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Definately Ware and Spencer were beasts. They would cause problems for us no matter what. I wouldn't expect we could put a New England, or Giants type performance on the Cowboys but I think 24 points won't win that game many times. Unfortunately for us it won the game the only time it matters (unless we see them in the playoffs).

The Bye will help out a lot. Really as long as you keep your lead over the Vikings (and Carolina might be helping you out with that tonight) you should be fine.

It's hard sometimes when you run a precision passing offense like NO does. If they get out of rythym it isn't always easy to get it back. That's why it's nice to have a veteran like Brees running the show.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cass582 View Post
    hope they make the playoffs so we can knock them out

IF they make it
    Nothing better than to watching Jerry Jones losing.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    It's hard sometimes when you run a precision passing offense like NO does. If they get out of rythym it isn't always easy to get it back. That's why it's nice to have a veteran like Brees running the show.
    The key is, you have to put the team with the "precision passing offense" (N Orleans) in "catchup" mode. You have to score first, and you have to keep the ball away from their high powered offense as much as possible. The Cowboys did that successfully last night. After falling behind and experiencing a couple of 3 and outs, Brees and company had trouble establishing any offensive rythym until the 4t qtr.

HD

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

The Bye will help out a lot. Really as long as you keep your lead over the Vikings (and Carolina might be helping you out with that tonight) you should be fine.

I think Peyton has been really smart this year about injuries. If anyone was even remotely hurt they have sat out. I fully believe that if that game last night was a playoff game you would have seen Shockey and some of the other guys out there. Bush would have probably returned (although he probably wouldn't have helped and we still don't know the extent of his injury).

I may be crazy but I also think the Saints brought a fairly vanilla package both offensively and defensivly against the redskins and rams and maybe a few other low quality teams this year. You play to win the game but I think we held back a little trying not to show our hand for some of the better teams. I am not sure about atlanta 2.0. I am sure that that was not the case last night. That is kind of why I think that was such a bad performance for us. I don't think it was a vanilla game plan that hurt us. It was just being out played and not executing.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    The key is, you have to put the team with the "precision passing offense" (N Orleans) in "catchup" mode. You have to score first, and you have to keep the ball away from their high powered offense as much as possible. The Cowboys did that successfully last night. After falling behind and experiencing a couple of 3 and outs, Brees and company had trouble establishing any offensive rythym until the 4t qtr.

HD
    You are right and I would say getting ahead and then running the ball well and chewing up the clock was the key. I think we were still in that game at the end. The Cowboys just ate up way too much clock for us to have time for a comeback. The fact that we were down 21 points at the start of the 4th quarter and scored twice and didn't attempt an onside kick speaks volumes. That last drive when Dallas missed the field goal was pretty crucial. Had we stopped them on 3rd and 5, I like our chances of tying it up. We have to do a better job of handling Ware though. He reminded everyone that Bushrod is a backup. I am not sure Jamaal Brown would have done much better though.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Maybe we were your worst offensive performance but I'm sorry I am going to have to give a little credit to Demarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer for that.
    The Running back's get just as much credit as he does. 3 different times he got a sack and was UNTOUCHED. I think at least twice it was Pierre Thomas that should have picked him up, but instead he went inside to help double team someone in the middle. REALLY bad pass blocking.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    The Running back's get just as much credit as he does. 3 different times he got a sack and was UNTOUCHED. I think at least twice it was Pierre Thomas that should have picked him up, but instead he went inside to help double team someone in the middle. REALLY bad pass blocking.
    Yeap. Our center going down in the 1st qtr killed us as well as having to start our 3rd string LT. Shockey shows up game time on inactive. Then we lose Bush. Oh well. Beat Tampa, rest our starters that are not on IR and hope the inactive starters make it back in time.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Yeap. Our center going down in the 1st qtr killed us as well as having to start our 3rd string LT. Shockey shows up game time on inactive. Then we lose Bush. Oh well. Beat Tampa, rest our starters that are not on IR and hope the inactive starters make it back in time.

That's exactly what they need to do. Peyton Manning said it best the other day when he said going undefeated isn't the goal. Winning the Super Bowl is. So what if the Saint's lose the last game of the year. Play everyone this week. Wrap up homefield advantage, then sit everyone the last week. The game is meaningless who cares if you lose? Rest up another week with the BYE and then be ready to kick some tail in the playoffs. There is no reason to roll out those starters, even the healthy ones, for that last week.

+ Reply to Thread