+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Damn it......

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Damn it......

DAMN IT......

I read through the entire "Belief Scale" thread a few nights ago......
    Found it to be quite interesting......
    Wanted to reward several of the meaningful (to me) missives with "green"......
    BUT ALAS......
    It appears I no longer have the ability/privilege to do so.
    All I have at the bottom of each post is a red triangle for reporting OTHERS, for what I conclude must be deemed by some as "inappropriate" FREE SPEECH!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Y!

Perhaps an "administrator" or some other savvy dawg could explain?????

Anyway......
    Since I am currently unable to "give green" in the usual dawg manner......
    I'll do it like this.
    BRAVO to the following comments on the Belief Scale thread......

And BTW......
    I found this to be an unusually civil and decorous (ergo intelligent) dawg thread discussion on a significant/controversial topic that may have been MUCH LESS POLITE :icon_wink: on the politics board.
    Only one author impressed me as sometimes "flaming" in a rather condescending manner.
    GO FIGURE!

Yes, Virginia......
    Cheers.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Re: Damn it......

In earlier releases of vBulletin, there was a mechanism that only allowed a certain number of "reputations" per post. The numbers aren't exact, but it was something along the lines of this: If you have only 3 posts in 6 months, then you are only allowed to gives 2x's that number of "reputations", so 6. After that, the system assumes you are "spamming" or misusing the reputation system. I don't know if vBulletin still behaves this way.

Also, be sure that you are trying to add reputation points to the same user repeatedly since that would flag you in the software as well.

Just remember, the reputation system is near meaningless. No administrator or moderator would care enough about it to change anything like that for a particular user. If it's not working, then it is most likely to be because of some part of the software preventing behavior that could indicate an exploit of the system.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    In earlier releases of vBulletin, there was a mechanism that only allowed a certain number of "reputations" per post. The numbers aren't exact, but it was something along the lines of this: If you have only 3 posts in 6 months, then you are only allowed to gives 2x's that number of "reputations", so 6. After that, the system assumes you are "spamming" or misusing the reputation system. I don't know if vBulletin still behaves this way.

Also, be sure that you are trying to add reputation points to the same user repeatedly since that would flag you in the software as well.

Just remember, the reputation system is near meaningless. No administrator or moderator would care enough about it to change anything like that for a particular user. If it's not working, then it is most likely to be because of some part of the software preventing behavior that could indicate an exploit of the system.
    Thank you, Duckbillplatty......
    How about a game of checkers at Floyd's? :icon_wink:

Cheers.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    Thank you, Duckbillplatty......
    How about a game of checkers at Floyd's? :icon_wink:

Cheers.
    I love that show by the way.

I hope you are doing well Spinoza!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I love that show by the way.

I hope you are doing well Spinoza!
    As always (to date)......
    I'm doing better than I deserve, and I appreciate your kind concern.
    And I sincerely hope the fates are smiling on you with equal enthusiasm.

BTW......
    Since my return to dawgland, via the FLAMER'S board, I have been giving serious consideration (anew) to the topic for my 3000th effort in the maze of missives that this forum spawns for little grey cell stimulation.

YOUR seemingly simple comment has now cemented my decision in this matter.

I look forward to any discussion we may soon have on the thread I shall author with my 3000th post.

Cheers and good night.

+ Reply to Thread