+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Duck season 2009-2010

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: Duck season 2009-2010

went to our place down around Bosco Tuesday morning and i didnt see A duck. Not one!!!! got pretty excited when a group of geese flew over at about 15,000 feet :icon_wink:

I would think Saturday morning might be a different story.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cowpoke1977 View Post
    I live about 5 miles from Bosco. The shooting has been slim round here. Live right across the river from a pretty good duck hole. I haven't heard them shoot much at all this year. In years past (like last year) I could stand on the banks of Boeuf and see between 50-75 woodies fly the river from 5:15 till dark. Stood out there yesterday and didn't see one. Not one. On a more positive note, Monday morning sounded like a war over in the Dave bayou swamp from my deer stand. It just perplexes me about the woodies. I have never seen a year like this were you are likely not to fire a shot on a wood duck in the evening.
    I thought I may have been just imagining things regarding wood ducks. They are way off in the areas I normally see them.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

gonna be COLD in the morning boys and girls, wear an extra pair of long'johns

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

vast majority of ducks left the delta plantation after the rain/storm on 12/24. water is everywhere. what few birds are left are scattered to hell and back.

Big Dog Easydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the rough Easydawg's Avatar

I traveled between Little Rock and Memphis many times over the past 10 to 12 years and usually start seeing geese and ducks in November. Two weeks ago I saw 1 small flight of geese. Yesterday, geese almost were landing on the interstate. There were ducks flying and sitting on water in several areas. The most birds were around Brinkley. And there is a lot of water after the pre-Christmas rainfall, so the birds have plenty of places to choose. I do not beleive I have ever seen the White River as it was yesterday.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

ton of geese just east of Columbia this morning.........

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Sunday evening we WORE THE DUCKS OUT in South Ark.. Had 4 limits easy: widgeon, greys, teal. Yesterday I went back and we shot limits in no time at alll: all teal. I started around 2 Pm and was picked-up and back in Shreveport by 3:45! It was awesome!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Sunday evening we WORE THE DUCKS OUT in South Ark.. Had 4 limits easy: widgeon, greys, teal. Yesterday I went back and we shot limits in no time at alll: all teal. I started around 2 Pm and was picked-up and back in Shreveport by 3:45! It was awesome!
    First real good report I've heard. Most everything was frozen up over here. I didn't see many ducks during my trip to Mississippi this weekend. Some folks are saying the ducks passed up up and went on down south. What did you hear at Richland Plantation?

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    First real good report I've heard. Most everything was frozen up over here. I didn't see many ducks during my trip to Mississippi this weekend. Some folks are saying the ducks passed up up and went on down south. What did you hear at Richland Plantation?
    I'm hearing very good reports from SE Ark/NE LA for people that have open water. Not so good for people in ag fields. That should come as no surprise though. I believe there are alot of ducks around the area and after the thaw, it could get really good. Maybe just wishful thinking though. When does everyone think the fields will be thawed?

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

We busted holes in the ice and the ducks were POURING into the few open holes. Richland did okay depending on who busted large holes and kept them open.

Pics from the two aforementioned hunts. Notice the two fine Cuban cigars Coyle and I are puffin' on there Chou...it was a fine day indeed![ATTACH]dubr2.jpg[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Also had to throw in a couple of pics from our annual wives/husbands camping and hunting trip from our newly built campsite. I've had a banner year for the outdoors and am truly thankful for all of the good times this season has provided me.
    [ATTACH]camp2.jpg[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pics from the two aforementioned hunts. Notice the two fine Cuban cigars Coyle and I are puffin' on there Chou...it was a fine day indeed![ATTACH]Attachment 4701[/ATTACH]
    So is Charlie holding up what he shot? Looks like it was a good thing y'all had you shooting.

Pics from the two aforementioned hunts. Notice the two fine Cuban cigars Coyle and I are puffin' on there Chou...it was a fine day indeed![ATTACH]Attachment 4701[/ATTACH]
    LOLOL, i am familiar with the Coyle victory cigar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    So is Charlie holding up what he shot? Looks like it was a good thing y'all had you shooting.
    good point Mad, looks like Charlies cigar was a consolation prize because he sure didnt bring home the gold LOL

+ Reply to Thread