+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mangino Ousted

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: Mangino Ousted

He probably got in trouble for eating the entire OL. That is frowned upon these days.

Varsity Bulldog hachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her game hachiman's Avatar

He also told one of his player that he would "send your ass back to st. louis, so you can go get shot with your homies." that player had just returned from st. louis after visiting his brother after he was shot.

I mean I don't mind all the yelling, chest poking and cursing i mean this if D1 football, but there are some things that you as a coach do not say to a player. If that were said to me, I would have beat the hell out of him.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hachiman View Post
    He also told one of his player that he would "send your ass back to st. louis, so you can go get shot with your homies." that player had just returned from st. louis after visiting his brother after he was shot.

I mean I don't mind all the yelling, chest poking and cursing i mean this if D1 football, but there are some things that you as a coach do not say to a player. If that were said to me, I would have beat the hell out of him.
    I was thinking the same thing. This guy needs fat his ass kicked.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I have a hard time believing these stories. They sound made up.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I agree that 20 years ago, this probably would not be news at all. But it is today. I can remember in HS when our coach called us all SOBs in a team meeting. We did not take offense (or at least I didn't), but the parents sure did. He got some serious heat for that one... :icon_wink:

Still, I think there are better ways to motivate than Mangino's way though.

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

Even if he's a fat ass bully, he's probably been given a good dose of humble pie that should curb his behavior for a year or 2. That said, how would he look call the offense on the Tech sideline. As much of a headache he appears to be, I love his offenses. It would beat the crap out of what we've seen the last couple years.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NashVegasRabidK9 View Post
    Even if he's a fat ass bully, he's probably been given a good dose of humble pie that should curb his behavior for a year or 2. That said, how would he look call the offense on the Tech sideline. As much of a headache he appears to be, I love his offenses. It would beat the crap out of what we've seen the last couple years.

I cannot see Mangino fitting in, in Ruston. Too abrasive.

If we were to get a new OC, I would like to see us take a look at Tony Franklin. Did not do much at Auburn, but he has been pretty successful every place else.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Feminization of America.
    But mean words make me sad!!!

Varsity Bulldog hachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her game hachiman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    I have a hard time believing these stories. They sound made up.
    It very well could have been, but i read it on espn.com and they had direct quotes from the player. If he made it up he must really hate Mangino for telling espn that is sibling was shot and all that.

Varsity Bulldog dogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Would Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Pete Carroll, or even Derek Dooley say something like that to players to get them to play and obey? I don't think so. At least 3 of the names I mentioned can get their players to play and win. Guys like Mangino are more liabilities than they are helpful to a school's program. Kansas did the right thing. These guys that cry femanization can carry their asses to Afghanistan and Iraq if they long for the days abuse without consequences.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Thumbs Down Re: Mangino Ousted

Quote Originally Posted by dogtek View Post
    These guys that cry femanization can carry their asses to Afghanistan and Iraq if they long for the days abuse without consequences.
    Excuse yourself from life now.
    Last edited by JuBru; 12-06-2009 at 02:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread