+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Franklinton vs Neville in the Dome!!!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Franklinton vs Neville in the Dome!!!

Our new High School Football threads have a little fire to them!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    The football that's played in north la is just a better brand, IMO.
    I absolutely agree... I mean Bastrop and Benton are obviously just better brands than... oh wait... That's right... They got absolutely embarrassed at home by Franklinton in the playoffs.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    I absolutely agree... I mean Bastrop and Benton are obviously just better brands than... oh wait... That's right... They got absolutely embarrassed at home by Franklinton in the playoffs.
    Yeah, I guess if you're Franklinton one year out of 30 ain't bad.

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

i don't care who wins, I just hope the Neville QB throws for 500 yds.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDawg View Post
    Copy that!

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDawg View Post
    Why, so he can an SEC offer?

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Yeah, I guess if you're Franklinton one year out of 30 ain't bad.
    "I highly doubt that will be the case. Neville had WMonroe beat 46 out the 48 minutes they played and WMonroe is the best team in the state. The football that's played in north la is just a better brand, IMO. I'm predicting Haynesville, WMonroe and Neville will come away with a W."

Be consistent. This year, 6 out of the 10 teams in finals are south LA teams. This year, Franklinton has absolutely beaten the crap out of the two playoff-worthy north LA teams they've played. If you say that north LA is a "better brand" this year, you are wrong.

If you are talking about history, I would challenge you to prove that. In the mean time, here is a list of schools which made the playoffs ever year from 2000-2008: Amite(S), Barbe(S), Bastrop(N), Benton(N), Bossier(N), Breaux Bridge(S), Destrahan(S), Evangel(N), Hahnville(S), Haynesville(N), Independence(S), John Curtis(S), Kentwood(S), Lutcher(S), Mangham(N), Neville(N), Notre Dame(S), Oak Grove(N), Parkview Baptist(S), Red River (N), Redemptorist(S), Rummel(S), Salmen(S), St. John (S), Teurlings Catholic(S), West Monroe(N) and West St. John(S). My count is 17 south LA to 10 north LA teams. No championships are currently held by north LA teams. If you say that north LA is a "better brand" this decade, you are wrong.

Bottom line is that if you think that being north of Alexandria is any indication of who will win this weekend, your reasoning is flawed. Feel free to have that reasoning, but it is silly. If you think north Louisiana has historically better football, you are being a homer. That's fine... but I feel confident that the facts are on my side.

But hey, I guess that's why you used the word "brand" instead of a more meaningful word.
    Last edited by duckbillplatty; 12-07-2009 at 05:39 PM.

More facts:
    http://winnfieldtigerfootball.com/lo...pionships.html

I'm not claiming south LA football is better. I'm just saying that north LA football isn't a "better brand". FACT. Not in recent history or otherwise.

Just calling TECH88 out for being a homer :-)

Now I'm just gonna wait and let Franklinton wipe the turf with Neville to finish making the point.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

All the talk at work (in BR) today was about getting there butts kicked again when the had to go up to WM/Ouachita/Ruston up north again. What was the deal about the Catholic High team having to get taped at nlulm? The ten busses of CHS fans said the trip back on the busses saw a winter wonderland at Woodville at 2 am with the bright moon and snow everywhere.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Why, so he can an SEC offer?
    He's already signed with Tech in baseball.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    He's already signed with Tech in baseball.
    that is not true. taylor burch cannot sign for baseball, or he can't play football. a player who plays football plus another sport has to walk on in both or be on a football scholarship. he cannot sign anything until he signs his football loi in februrary.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDAG View Post
    What was the deal about the Catholic High team having to get taped at nlulm?
    Don't believe it was a "have to" thing. Probably just a little more room to move around and only a 20 minute ride from there to WM.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    that is not true. taylor burch cannot sign for baseball, or he can't play football. a player who plays football plus another sport has to walk on in both or be on a football scholarship. he cannot sign anything until he signs his football loi in februrary.
    Did not know that. That doesn't make much sense though.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Did not know that. That doesn't make much sense though.
    Our duel sports offer to him was what he really liked. Football being the bell cow = always counting toward those 'ships first. Can't recall who it was, but back in the old days there was a coach who had the baseball team filled with football players.

Be consistent. This year, 6 out of the 10 teams in finals are south LA teams. This year, Franklinton has absolutely beaten the crap out of the two playoff-worthy north LA teams they've played. If you say that north LA is a "better brand" this year, you are wrong.

If you are talking about history, I would challenge you to prove that. In the mean time, here is a list of schools which made the playoffs ever year from 2000-2008: Amite(S), Barbe(S), Bastrop(N), Benton(N), Bossier(N), Breaux Bridge(S), Destrahan(S), Evangel(N), Hahnville(S), Haynesville(N), Independence(S), John Curtis(S), Kentwood(S), Lutcher(S), Mangham(N), Neville(N), Notre Dame(S), Oak Grove(N), Parkview Baptist(S), Red River (N), Redemptorist(S), Rummel(S), Salmen(S), St. John (S), Teurlings Catholic(S), West Monroe(N) and West St. John(S). My count is 17 south LA to 10 north LA teams. No championships are currently held by north LA teams. If you say that north LA is a "better brand" this decade, you are wrong.

Bottom line is that if you think that being north of Alexandria is any indication of who will win this weekend, your reasoning is flawed. Feel free to have that reasoning, but it is silly. If you think north Louisiana has historically better football, you are being a homer. That's fine... but I feel confident that the facts are on my side.
    More facts:
    http://winnfieldtigerfootball.com/lo...pionships.html

I'm not claiming south LA football is better. I'm just saying that north LA football isn't a "better brand". FACT. Not in recent history or otherwise.

Just calling TECH88 out for being a homer :-)

Now I'm just gonna wait and let Franklinton wipe the turf with Neville to finish making the point.
    HS smack can be as funny as other levels.

Going into the last half of the 4th Quarter of Class 5-A game, I guess you can say this year's northern Louisiana finalists just had a better brand this year than southern La. finalists. I mean it's less than 3 minutes to play and West Monroe has its second string inserted into the game. I know Rummell is being shutout, 30-0. Dang . . . almost five TDs.

PS-What was the Franklinton game score? Neville wiped them with what??
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 12-12-2009 at 11:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread