+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ross Jenkins' Career Stats

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: Ross Jenkins' Career Stats

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    That's right because only Scelfo or former players are qualified to determine whether or not a read was missed.

Thanks for clearing that up.
    Yeh, it was hard to tell if there was any reading going on at all. For the first half of the season, if the first route wasnt open, Jenkins just looked at the rush and tried to dodge it.

Champ nytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant future

Exactly DHuss. The first part of the season was a disaster because of one position. O LINE

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nytetyme View Post
    Exactly DHuss. The first part of the season was a disaster because of one position. O LINE
    ...coupled with Ross's inability at that point in time to feel rush (granted it was a lot of it). I think it is a skill Ross can improve on, though. Ross looked a little gloss-eyed at times at the beginning of the year (deer in headlights look with a heavy pass rush). I think he got over it during the middle of the season. Of course, the o-line blocked much better, so it could have been a combo.

Just hope both come out next year ready to rock and roll like they did at the end of the season. Still waiting for this passing O to have a good game against a stellar D, and no, not a game management good game, a 2+ TD, 200+ yards, and 1 or 0 Interception type game that we sorely lacked against any of the good teams we faced this year (outside of Fresno whose D seemed to have lost its way against us and Illinois).

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nytetyme View Post

Thanks mr. jenkins.

Varsity Bulldog bambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the ears

That's right because only Scelfo or former players are qualified to determine whether or not a read was missed.

Thanks for clearing that up.
    Thanks for not answering my question. I will say this, you have to be the smartest fan posting on BBB. Whenever the Dawgs need another QB or offensive coach, you should submit your resume. You definitely need to get into coaching.:icon_wink:

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bambino View Post
    Thanks for not answering my question. I will say this, you have to be the smartest fan posting on BBB. Whenever the Dawgs need another QB or offensive coach, you should submit your resume. You definitely need to get into coaching.:icon_wink:
    I didn't realize that recognizing the Ross is slow through his projections makes me an offensive genius. Looks like I'm not alone.

You really think you need a coaching pedigree to evaluate QB play? Or is it just former players who are qualified. Just let me know what achievements I need to be able to offer my opinion and I'll get to work on it.

Thanks.

I said two things...

1. Ross is inconsistent at the QB position (though he's better against the weakest teams...see his efficiency numbers and how they swing).
    2. Ross has made some poor reads OR he's taken too long to make the right reads.

Since you are brilliant enough to poo poo other fans' opinions, I'd like to hear your refutations of the above two claims.

I'll be waiting on pins and needles for your expert opinion.

And to answer your question, no. I haven't talked to coach Scelfo (the mastermind of several blown leads this year b/c of his overly conservative play-calling) about any of those opinions. I've similarly not talked to my mechanic about my deflated tire. My opinion is that it needs to be inflated or replaced, but I guess you think I should probably consult an expert.
    Last edited by johnnylightnin; 12-10-2009 at 07:27 AM.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I didn't realize that recognizing the Ross is slow through his projections makes me an offensive genius. Looks like I'm not alone.

You really think you need a coaching pedigree to evaluate QB play? Or is it just former players who are qualified. Just let me know what achievements I need to be able to offer my opinion and I'll get to work on it.

Thanks.
    He gave you an eye-wink. Don't you know that an eye-wink gives him open season to patronize you? :icon_wink:

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Ross is inconsistent at the QB position (though he's better against the weakest teams...see his efficiency numbers and how they swing).
    That is true of every QB in football. That is why weak teams are weak. Take Colt McCoy...His rating versus non-BCS teams and conference teams with even or losing records (8 games) this year is 161.9 and he averages 319.5 yards per game passing. Against conference teams with winning records (5 games), his rating is 119.9 and he averages 191.2 yards per game passing.

Champ nytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Thanks mr. jenkins.

Your welcome Mr. Raulston

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    That is true of every QB in football. That is why weak teams are weak. Take Colt McCoy...His rating versus non-BCS teams and conference teams with even or losing records (8 games) this year is 161.9 and he averages 319.5 yards per game passing. Against conference teams with winning records (5 games), his rating is 119.9 and he averages 191.2 yards per game passing.
    Every QB? Colt McCoy and Ross equal every QB. Not to mention, Colt had two very bad games against OU and Nebraska which bring that average down. Ross was consistently bad against good competition.

I hate to get all statistical, but Ross' average QB rating was 140.7 with a standard deviation of 49.5 and Mccoy's average was 145 with a 36.2 standard deviation, Jordan Jefferson 139.45 average, 25.75 st dev, Kapernick 145.9 average with 37.25 st dev (one of the most up and down seasons you will see), Ponder (148 average, 31 st dev). Obviously, you can see from the standard deviation that Ross was much more inconsistent than that small sample list. I am sure I could keep going. The only guy I can find close is Joe Cox from Georgia with average of 144.65 and st dev of 49.09. Chris Todd blows everyone out of the water, but he had monster games and terrible games 146.7 average and 64 st dev.

Point is that Ross is consistent though. Consistently good against bad teams and consistently bad against good teams. We will need him to be good against all next year, not just the punching bags of the league.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg33 View Post
    and you always talk about CC can throw the ball further which he can. But it takes a long time, and has no zip on it. Ross has zip on it, unlike CC in every throw.

Can you define "zip" for me because I have got to tell you I have never seen anyone at all, even RJ's staunchest supporters, say he has any zip on the ball. I'll take that one step further and say that most of his supporters say he has NO zip on the ball but he has excellent decision making ability and won't turn the ball over. Zip is the last word I would use to describe his throws. So if you could define that word for me it would help me out quite a bit.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Can you define "zip" for me because I have got to tell you I have never seen anyone at all, even RJ's staunchest supporters, say he has any zip on the ball. I'll take that one step further and say that most of his supporters say he has NO zip on the ball but he has excellent decision making ability and won't turn the ball over. Zip is the last word I would use to describe his throws. So if you could define that word for me it would help me out quite a bit.
    While we're at it, I'd like to know what "too much touch" is. I thought touch was a scalable concept, the ability to put the RIGHT amount of force behind a throw, depending on the circumstances. Is my definition off, or is there really such a thing as "too much touch"?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Can you define "zip" .

slinging the ball sidearmed at the feet of the receiver

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Man, then Champion had the best zip I've ever seen!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post

LMAO. I shouldn't have read that while I was eating!

+ Reply to Thread