+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'Dawgs with Draft Potential

Puppy saturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the ears

'Dawgs with Draft Potential

We all know that D'Anthony Smith is a first day draft pick, but where do guys like Dennis Morris, Antonio Baker, and Daniel Porter fit in?

In my opinion,

Before the season, I saw a site that had Baker listed as a 5th round pick, but with his injury, im not sure that he gets drafted at all.

Morris leads the nation in TD receptions by TE's, is 4th among TE's in receiving yards, and is in the top 5 in yards per catch. I don't see how he doesn't get drafted, even if it's on the second day.

Surely Porter's elusiveness and big-play ability will get him at least a UDFA call from someone.

What do you guys think?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: 'Dawgs with Draft Potential

I think that D'Anthony will get a shot on a team that plays the 3-4 Defense as a DE. Ravens DLine is getting up there.... they may looking for some replacements. New England, NY Giants, NY Jets and New Orleans might could use him as well. My sleeper pick would be the Steelers. They could use some YOUTH in their DLine.

Baker's a big unknown now. Either 7th round or UDFA for a team looking for some depth.

Porter too. I don't think that he'll be able to play in the NFL though. He's not better than GITMO and it's taken forever for GITMO to get a chance. Funny thing is that almost every game that he's played in, he's played well.

Morris... I'll go with a 4th round draft pick to...... The Bungels. They don't have a TE. (Maybe Arizona... )

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Porter and Baker will get UDFA stuff and have a longshot.

Boo Smith goes first day or at the very top of the second.
    Morris I'll say second day.

I would put Morris 1st overall tight end taken if he could block as well as he could run and catch.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post

I would put Morris 1st overall tight end taken if he could block as well as he could run and catch.

I concur.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

I agree for the most part. I think Baker could be a late pick, but if I had to put money on it, you're probably right.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

How they do in workouts, bowl practices and games, and at the combine will have ALOT to do with how high they are drafted. They have done enough on film at the college level to get noticed and if they perform, run fast, and practice well and work out well they could go pretty early. NFL teams put alot of stock in workouts and the combine, too much IMO but this is where players make their money most of the time unfortunately not on what they have done the previous 4 yrs of film.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

Have we had anyone invited to any games like the Senior Bowl?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    How they do in workouts, bowl practices and games, and at the combine will have ALOT to do with how high they are drafted. They have done enough on film at the college level to get noticed and if they perform, run fast, and practice well and work out well they could go pretty early. NFL teams put alot of stock in workouts and the combine, too much IMO but this is where players make their money most of the time unfortunately not on what they have done the previous 4 yrs of film.
    That's what will launch Dennis, imo. He's bigger, stronger, faster than anybody at his position. I can't wait to see what kinds of numbers he puts up at the combine.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Think he'll get an invite to the combine, or will he be forced to rely on the workouts here??

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFight71 View Post
    We used to all of the time years ago. That should start soon. Didn't I hear that D'Anthony Smith is invited this year?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Think he'll get an invite to the combine, or will he be forced to rely on the workouts here??
    I think he'll get an invite. After that, I think he'll blow up!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I agree. But I think Morris could be a late first day draft choice.

HD

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFight71 View Post
    Yes, Boo was invited to the Senior Bowl.

No one else yet

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Morris led the country in TD catches by TEs and was in top 5 for yds and catches. Any ideal why he hasn't been invited to every senior bowl or nfl prospect game around? Maybe the invites have not been sent out yet but to just a few top players.

Porter just finished back to back 1,000 yard seasons and has been an all-wac player two seasons now.

These two should be a no brainer for the senior bowl and if they don't get invited that will be a shame.

+ Reply to Thread